Stocks and their sectors

seancass

Can anyone assist me please in locating a source which lists each of the major sectors in the UK and US markets showing the strongest and weakest stocks in those sectors at any one time? Preferably one that is updated once daily.
Thank you.
Sean

seancass said:
That's exactly the source I'm looking for, thank you. Is there a comparable one for UK stocks?

Sean

I havn't come across one, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. I think you can get the sector/industry composition from Yahoo finance for the UK .

seancass said:
That's exactly the source I'm looking for, thank you. Is there a comparable one for UK stocks?

Sean

Sean,

I've suggested this before, so maybe it doesn't do what you're asking. But it seems to;

www.digitallook.com

register for a free account and then click on "sector strips". Change tour timeframe accordingly. When the sectors come up (strongest to weakest), you can click on the relevant bar and the composition stocks will come up, ranked.

Hope this helps,
UTB

the blades said:
Sean,

I've suggested this before, so maybe it doesn't do what you're asking. But it seems to;

www.digitallook.com

register for a free account and then click on "sector strips". Change tour timeframe accordingly. When the sectors come up (strongest to weakest), you can click on the relevant bar and the composition stocks will come up, ranked.

Hope this helps,
UTB

Thank you both, that's most helpful.
Sean

If anybody knows of similiar sites for other markets eg (Australia, Europe, Japan etc) it would be nice to compile a list here.