Stock Signal Pro

hobba

I'm hunting for software, and have been told that no-one sells real trading systems that work. First I was interested in Omnitrader, then the built-in systems in Metastock, and thanks to feedback from people I won't be basing my trading on either of those.

Now I have just seen this piece of software http://www.stocksignalpro.com offerring buy and sell signals, it's cheap, and has a full money back guarantee. So I was wondering if anyone here has seen or tried this one?

Thanks,
Mark.

hobba,

I have a question for you, why do you want a system that tells you when to trade and on what as opposed to learning how to trade yourself and making your own decisions ?

I have tested many systems and different approaches and I have yet to find one that will work consistently in all market conditions. Some are great when markets are trending and then lose a fortune when the markets start whipsawing. It will also depend on whether you want to trade intra-day or EOD.

In my view it is better to learn yourself how to trade rather than rely on someone else's ideas or systems of how to trade. I have yet to meet two consistently successful traders who trade in exactly the same way which would imply that using a fixed approach is probably not the best way forward.

Paul

Does anyone do an analysis as to the overall performance of the different stock selecting software programs out there? I found a site that list the different stock advisory/annalists news letters and ranks there performance.

would you please introduce it rob? i've seen some of those massive lists but they're always old and there's no comparing between softwares , ... .
and the review that Rognvald wrote is a great tool to approach the appropriate solution.
thnx in advance.
:)

kako said:
would you please introduce it rob? i've seen some of those massive lists but they're always old and there's no comparing between softwares , ... .
and the review that Rognvald wrote is a great tool to approach the appropriate solution.
thnx in advance.
:)

I've found one :

www.elitetrader.com

it's a good comparing site.

have you purchased it?

Could you let me know what is you experience with SSP?
Tom.

hobba said:
I'm hunting for software, and have been told that no-one sells real trading systems that work. First I was interested in Omnitrader, then the built-in systems in Metastock, and thanks to feedback from people I won't be basing my trading on either of those.

Now I have just seen this piece of software http://www.stocksignalpro.com offerring buy and sell signals, it's cheap, and has a full money back guarantee. So I was wondering if anyone here has seen or tried this one?

Thanks,
Mark.

Stock Signal Pro:

tom_skky said:
Could you let me know what is you experience with SSP?
Tom.

I'm interested in this software too.Any feedback would be appreciated.

"Thanks" in advance :)

Trader333 said:
In my view it is better to learn yourself how to trade rather than rely on someone else's ideas or systems of how to trade. I have yet to meet two consistently successful traders who trade in exactly the same way which would imply that using a fixed approach is probably not the best way forward.

Paul

Trader333 you are absolutely correct. I would never consider getting a black box from someone who thinks random prices is the same as chaotic prices (From the Q&A of that website):

"While stock price movement involves some degree of randomness, it is far from being totally random. If it was totally random then we would see a stock trade at 22 dollars a share one minute, then jump to 100 dollars a share then trade at 5 dollars a share and so on. But this never happens. Stocks trade up or down in tight daily ranges. "

Obviously, the developer of that black box thinks random means chaotic. He never heard of random walk and most importantly he did not spend the time to read and understand what it means.

Alex

hobba said:

Thanks,
Mark.

Hi Mark,

I have to agree with Trader333 - you need to actually learn how to trade, rather than rely on a piece of software to just give you some entry signals.

Thanks

Damian

I've been checking these guys out.
ugmarkets.com

They are a free service, and they sound prety cool. Lots of trades, straight to the point, using Gann Analysis, giving Entry, Target, Stop.

I've only followed them recently though. So far so good.