Starting up as a pro....

rossco23

Hi all,

I've been trading part time for a couple of years with some good results (US equities). I'm considering going full time and and wondered if anyone else had made this transition and if they could give me a feel for what they experienced. I currently trade an account size of 20k GBP but I have another 100k GBP to invest, which should make me self sufficient if I get the % returns I've been getting to date.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

If you haven't already, try and get a few weeks/months away from what you are doing now, use this time to give it a go and see how you get on. It's extremely lonely, boring and frustrating at times, there's nothing like working for a month/s only to lose money!

Going from £20 to 120k is a big leap, you might find that you can't trade the same way and get the same returns due to fear/greed etc. add to this trading will now become your main income so you need to deliver!

Whatever you decide, Good luck:)

Smacker - thanks for the advice. Making the jump in equity and trading full time will be a massive step, you're right I'll try it full time away from my day job for a few weeks and see how I get on.

thanks again

hi
i m new in trading world i have been using forex platform can someone suggest me any best platform to trade commodity.

i know alot of traders use mt4 to trade, but i myself use ig index and from a beginners point of view is pretty good to get the hang of.

Goto work earlier and come home earlier. Organise your finances so you can trade the full amount off an iphone at work.

Hi all,

I've been trading part time for a couple of years with some good results (US equities). I'm considering going full time and and wondered if anyone else had made this transition and if they could give me a feel for what they experienced. I currently trade an account size of 20k GBP but I have another 100k GBP to invest, which should make me self sufficient if I get the % returns I've been getting to date.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

an iPhone at work why oh why didnt I think of that :LOL:

I think they even have free WIFI at maccyD's

(y)

Not too long ago we were trading using 56K dial up modems from home.

Still i think the general advice is good, the OP probably shouldnt give up his day job unless he really has too.

I'll make it even easier for you. Buy iphone, open account interactive brokers, download mobile tws on iphone, buy apple stock on margin, portfolio margin if you have $100k, hold as long as possible, if you want to be clever then trade apple options.