Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

dbphoenix

Legendary member
6,952 1,244
One does of course have the option of shorting the breakdown and using the break of the last swing low as confirmation. If it isn't confirmed, he's still out with a profit. If it is confirmed, he's ahead of the pack.

Db

isatrader

2,928 128
S&P 1500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns Charts

Attached is the up to date S&P 1500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns charts, which clearly shows the bearish trend currently with over 26% of the S&P 1500 having P&F breakdowns since the start of the new year.

Attachments

isatrader

2,928 128
Stage Analysis Thread

The Stage Analysis thread where I do most of my posting thesedays has been updated to include all of the market breadth data that I post each week on the US markets. The thread can be found here: http://stageanalysis.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2

And the US and UK Stage Analysis watchlist threads have been simplified into single threads also, to make it easier for people to find the content that interests them the most.

Cheers

isatrader

2,928 128
Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500

Here's a quick overview of the the major US weekly charts including the Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth below each.

Note: All three are close to the tops of their developing Stage 1 ranges, and so there's a possibility of an early Stage 2A breakout attempt in the next week or so.

Attachments

isatrader

2,928 128
Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500

Here's the quick overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

Note: The S&P 500 made a Stage 2 breakout this week, and the NYSE and Nasdaq Composite charts are both just under their breakout levels.

Attachments

Atilla

Legendary member
19,038 2,678
RTHM.L - early in Stage 2A after a multi year Stage 4 decline. 12x the average daily volume today, and over 2x the average weekly volume so far this week.
I'm into LLOY and BRBY's in a big way at the moment Isatrader, would love to see Stan Weinstein's analysis applied to them if I may request a favour :)

isatrader

2,928 128
I'm into LLOY and BRBY's in a big way at the moment Isatrader, would love to see Stan Weinstein's analysis applied to them if I may request a favour :)
I have LLOY.L as in Stage 4, and BRBY.L is in Stage 4B-, which means "Although not yet “officially” in Stage 1A, stock has now potentially seen its low for the cycle. So it's attempting to move into Stage 1. But hasn't quite got there yet, and could need significant basing time unless there's a heavy volume surge, as it's still under long term resistance.

The relative performance of both is quite bad currently with both well below declining Mansfied RS zero lines still.

Attachments

Last edited:

Atilla

Legendary member
19,038 2,678
I have LLOY.L as in Stage 4, and BRBY.L is in Stage 4B-, which means "Although not yet “officially” in Stage 1A, stock has now potentially seen its low for the cycle. So it's attempting to move into Stage 1. But hasn't quite got there yet, and could need significant basing time unless there's a heavy volume surge, as it's still under long term resistance.

The relative performance of both is quite bad currently with both well below declining Mansfied RS zero lines still.
Thank you very much Isatrader, yes they have both had a bad time but with the Brexit fiasco they are recovery plays. So far so good and will hang on to them but if they make LLs prepared to drop them.

Much obliged (y)

Last edited: