Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

isatrader

2,928 128
UK FTSE 350 Stocks and Sectors Relative Performance

Attached is the Relative performance tables for the UK FTSE 350 Sectors.

To see the individual stocks in each sector go to: http://www.londonstockexchange.com/prices-and-markets/stocks/stocks-and-prices.htm and use the drop down menu in the Search by Index or Industry Sector category.

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Overall RS Score

FTSE350-Sectors-RS_6-3-15.png

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Weekly Change

FTSE350S_5Day_Change_6-3-15.png

FTSE 350 Sectors - Ordered by Monthly Change

FTSE350S_20Day_Change_6-3-15.png

isatrader

2,928 128
UK Stocks - Stage 2 continuation attempts - DTG.L LOOK.L HTY.L SL.L, AV.L ITV.L

Here's some of the Stage 2 continuation breakout attempts in the UK market this week - DTG.L, LOOK.L, HTY.L, SL.L, AV.L, ITV.L

Attachments

isatrader

2,928 128
Stage 2 US Stocks - $DVAX $KYTH $LGND $ZIXI $AEO $GOGO $TSE

Below is a few of the Stage 2A breakout attempts in the US market that came up in the StageAnalysis watchlist scans this week:

DVAX - Making a second Stage 2A breakout attempt on 3.08x the average weekly volume, but not yet clear of near term resistance. Relative performance above a flat zero line.

DVAX_W_6-3-15.png

KYTH - Stage 2A breakout a few weeks back, which has moved strongly higher this week on a large pickup in volume.

KYTH_W_6-3-15.png

LGND - Stage 2A breakout on 2.03x the average weekly volume and relative performance above a flattening zero line.

LGND_W_6-3-15.png

ZIXI - Stage 2A breakout attempt on 1.85x average weekly volume with relative performance above a still declining zero line

ZIXI_W_6-3-15.png

AEO - Stage 2A breakout on 1.84x average weekly volume with relative performance at new 52 week highs above a flat zero line

AEO_W_6-3-15.png

GOGO - Stage 2A breakout attempt from the primary base, with relative performance above the still declining zero line, but volume only slightly better than average on the breakout, and so technicals need to improve to meet the methods requirements

GOGO_W_6-3-15.png

TSE - Early Stage 2A breakout attempt from small primary base with a slight pickup in volume and relative performance at six month highs. Currently still trading below the IPO high.

TSE_W_6-3-15.png

Hello everyone,

I got into stocktrading last october and bought Stan Weinstein's book. I'm mostly here to learn from others how to imply Stan's theory. I am familiar with his 4 stages but what I really want to learn is how to spot 'em on the chart. I use stockcharts.com for my charts and I can tell that some of you on here do too.

Hopefully we can exchange thoughts on the theory and will I be able to learn here.

Good luck trading to all!

todor

1 0
Hi isatrader, it's amazing how long you've been contributing to this thread... Just want to say good job!
Out of curiosity - how has your performance been so far following this method? It's been a while I see... Thanks

isatrader

2,928 128
Hi isatrader, it's amazing how long you've been contributing to this thread... Just want to say good job!
Out of curiosity - how has your performance been so far following this method? It's been a while I see... Thanks
Performance has been reasonable, but I've made a lot of mistakes that weren't related to the method, and so I only have around a 25% return in my SIPP currently from the account I started in August 2013. Which I'm still pleased with for a pension account, but would have been much better if I'd not made some impulsive choices that broke the rules. As the method is sound. But you have to stay disciplined, which isn't always easy, especially during the pullback periods that you need to sit through with the investor method. It has taught me a lot of patience though.

Anyway, I moved over to my own website a few years ago, as this thread was getting too big to manage the content. That now has thousands of posts and multiple threads all to do with Stage Analysis, and I have daily watchlists for the method for US and UK stocks. You can find it by searching for Stage Analysis Forum on Google.

Trader2222

2 0
Attached is the updated NYSE Bullish Percent Index and the NYSE long, medium and short term moving average breadth charts, the advance decline line and the new high new lows.

The rest of the regular weekend market breadth update is available to subscribers only in the main Market Breadth thread in the Elite Members Board on the Stage Analysis website, including the exclusive US Industry Sectors Breadth charts, the S&P 500 Cumulative P&F Breakouts - Breakdowns charts, the New Highs New Lows charts, the Advance Decline Breadth Charts and more...

The NYSE Bullish Percent Index

View attachment 183798

NYSE Percentage of Stocks above their 200 Day, 150 Day and 50 Day Moving Averages P&F charts

View attachment 183800View attachment 183802View attachment 183804

Advance Decline Line

View attachment 183806

New Highs New Lows

View attachment 183808
Hello Isatrader - quick question. I have been a big fan of the Stan Weinstein Momentum Indicator (200MA of the cum A-D line)- which it looks like you have here label 'Advance Decline Line'. My old charting program crashed and I'm trying to construct this in Stock Charts - which looks similar to your chart. Except I can't get that middle window to look like yours - with the swing between 90 and 220 (late 2014 period in your chart). I have added an indicator window for $NYAD set as cumulative and an overlay for the 200MA - but it's just a replica of the top price window. It seems Stock Charts won't let me add just a 200MA line in that indicator window.

Do you have any tips on scaling or settings to get that swing line between 90 and 220? BTW your numbers match what I was able to produce in my old SuperCharts program.

Thanks for any help you can provide! :)

isatrader

2,928 128
Hello Isatrader - quick question. I have been a big fan of the Stan Weinstein Momentum Indicator (200MA of the cum A-D line)- which it looks like you have here label 'Advance Decline Line'. My old charting program crashed and I'm trying to construct this in Stock Charts - which looks similar to your chart. Except I can't get that middle window to look like yours - with the swing between 90 and 220 (late 2014 period in your chart). I have added an indicator window for $NYAD set as cumulative and an overlay for the 200MA - but it's just a replica of the top price window. It seems Stock Charts won't let me add just a 200MA line in that indicator window.

Do you have any tips on scaling or settings to get that swing line between 90 and 220? BTW your numbers match what I was able to produce in my old SuperCharts program.

Thanks for any help you can provide! :)
I've attached an up to date Advance Decline chart and a separate long term Momentum Index chart for you with the stockcharts settings on each so that you can copy them. Although you need to be a stockcharts subscriber to use some of the features to make it.

Attachments

Trader2222

2 0
I've attached an up to date Advance Decline chart and a separate long term Momentum Index chart for you with the stockcharts settings on each so that you can copy them. Although you need to be a stockcharts subscriber to use some of the features to make it.
Thanks - got it working. It was making the price invisible in the indicator window that did the trick.

Thanks again!

ottawa1

1 0
Hi,
Why does Stan Wesintein only look at monthly charts in his book with the 30 Week MA? If today we look at our markets on the monthly chart we would see the market is way above the 30 week MA. We are below on the daily and weekly 30 Week MA. Confused as to why Weinstein says to use the monthly charts? Thanks for the clarification as to what charts we need to be looking at to follow the stage analysis principles outlined in his book.

isatrader

2,928 128
Hi,
Why does Stan Wesintein only look at monthly charts in his book with the 30 Week MA? If today we look at our markets on the monthly chart we would see the market is way above the 30 week MA. We are below on the daily and weekly 30 Week MA. Confused as to why Weinstein says to use the monthly charts? Thanks for the clarification as to what charts we need to be looking at to follow the stage analysis principles outlined in his book.
I'm not sure where you got the monthly charts from, as the majority of charts in the book are weekly charts with a 30 week MA.

isatrader

2,928 128
Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500, Mid Caps and Small Caps

Attached is the updated US equity index charts.

Note: A number of the indexes have moved back into Stage 4 this week following the pullback to what could possibly be considered the equivalent to the B entry point in the method for short sales imo. See chart 7-13 from page 229 in the book.

chart_7-13_Ideal_Short_Sale.png

US Stock Indexes

NYSE_W_11-12-15.pngCOMPQ_W_11-12-15.png

SPX_W_11-12-15.pngMID_W_11-12-15.pngSML_W_11-12-15.png

isatrader

2,928 128
AAPL - Stage 4 breakdown attempt

AAPL - is attempting to break below the long term support from the head and shoulders pattern and relative performance has broken down below a flattening zero line. Potential for full Stage 4 breakdown if it doesn't reverse this week, and remember this has largest weighting in the S&P 500, so could affect market sentiment if it does complete the breakdown.

Attachments

dbphoenix

Legendary member
6,952 1,244
Or the trend was broken in August, the range was tested in November, and the breakdown is already in effect.

Db

isatrader

2,928 128
Or the trend was broken in August, the range was tested in November, and the breakdown is already in effect.

Db
Yep, it broke down into Stage 4A in the August Breakdown, but is now testing support for the full breakdown into the major Stage 4 phase.