spreadtrading.me.uk

ipo

Hi Folks,

I'm doing some basic research on training courses in stocks and shares trading, FOREX and commodities. I came across the SpreadTrading.Me.Uk website that offered some free advice and then the inevitable sign up for serious training. Anybosy got any comments on this site?

Cheers,
IPO

This company was discussed previously under the thread title 'Stu Whisson', who runs the course.
Unfortunately there were few comments about it then either.
I have looked at it but in the absence of further information have chosen not to bother.

You can sign-up for a free 3 day trial. I did a few months back but didn't think it was worth it at the time. However to be fair to him 3 days isn't much time to form a proper opinion + he may have had some decent trades since.

I would still be interested in others thoughts.

I wouldn't go near this person Stu Whisson.

I had an online chat with him and asked him if he was trading any commodities, he said yes, gold.

I then asked him which month and he said 'the front month'. I then asked him which was the front month and he said 'the one the dealers always quote me'. When I pressed him further he still couldn't give me the actual month and said that I was 'making trouble' for asking him these kinds of questions.

If he HAD been trading gold he would have known that the front month was Feb, and a question like this is one of the most basic questions in all of trading.

In my opinion he's just like all the other system sellers, he's selling dreams of how to get rich, and 95% of the people won't even get their money back.

A simple rule when investigating anything like this. If the site and/or course is heavily marketed then steer well clear.

Nice post anley, and welcome to T2W. :D

The really hard part is knowing the right sort of trip-up question to ask, and your question was a corker! Newbies, unfortunately, aren't aware of this and wouldn't know a blinding answer to a bluffing answer.

I wouldn't be surprised if gold was a stock answer - it has all the greed and riches associated with it, whereas pork bellies doesn't have the same ring to it. And as any trader knows, where there's a trade, there's a good trade, irrespective of the commodity. :D

Hi IPO

I have just completed a beginner's course on day trading with Alan Rich. You will learn all you need to Know from his 1-2-1 tuition.
Plus he proves his method of trading on a 'live' market, and his course is affordable.

anley said:
I wouldn't go near this person Stu Whisson.

I had an online chat with him and asked him if he was trading any commodities, he said yes, gold.

I then asked him which month and he said 'the front month'. I then asked him which was the front month and he said 'the one the dealers always quote me'. When I pressed him further he still couldn't give me the actual month and said that I was 'making trouble' for asking him these kinds of questions.

If he HAD been trading gold he would have known that the front month was Feb, and a question like this is one of the most basic questions in all of trading.

In my opinion he's just like all the other system sellers, he's selling dreams of how to get rich, and 95% of the people won't even get their money back.

A simple rule when investigating anything like this. If the site and/or course is heavily marketed then steer well clear.

Hi,

I am Stu Whisson and I have conversations with many traders both newbie and experienced. I am a bit surprised as to the above comments. Yes, I do trade metals every now and again, but as for saying the 'front month', eerrrr no and what does that mean???

Everyone is welcome to have a look at my website. You can even ask for a 24 hour pass if you like. I have nothing to hide. I have many satisfied students, most of which send me comments which can be read on the website.

I can only think that the above person is one of those 'so called traders' who talk alot, and balk at others providing a service that is neither expensive or lacking in any respect. Simply because they don't have the ability themselves.

As for not giving refunds? Where did that come from!!! We offer a full 100% refund if you're not happy. Simple.

Never mind - can't keep everyone happy, not even people who spent two minutes on the website?

stuwhisson said:
Never mind - can't keep everyone happy, not even people who spent two minutes on the website?

Talking of which, I notice that your registration on this site is timed at 11:22 today, and your post is timed at 11:31.

Something about those who live in glasshouses and stone throwing comes to mind ...

Granted!

But my comments are not in relation to Trade2Win, which is a good website. My comments are in reply to those incorrect comments and assumptions made within this thread.

Cheers

Be careful

Watch it skimble his sites got a golden web award :LOL:

Stu

You did say 'front month' and you did accuse me of 'making trouble' when I pushed you for the actual month you were trading. How can you admit to me that you were trading gold and not know what money you were dealing in? If you struggle with a question like people should steer well clear of you.

Unless of course the person that I spoke to at 11pm one night via your 'Live Talk' feature on your website wasn't actually you but was pretending to be you? Fooling people like this can seriously damage one's reputation as you've no doubt realised.

And as for believing any of the testimonials on your website or any other websites, you must think that most people are stupid. It only takes a few seconds to make up something;

Here's one I made up earlier;

'I'm new to spread betting and found this course simple and very effective at making me a secondary income. Thanks Stu'

Anley,
Crawley.

Last edited:
Nonsense. The last thing I would do would be to say that someone was causing trouble - that is simply ridiculous.

As for the testimonials. I have them all on file. Anyone can ask me for proof of these testimonials, which I will supply.

The simplest thing to do, is instead of trashing other peoples work and creating untruths. Why don't you let people make up their own minds.

I refuse to get into some play ground argument, on who said what. I have a company and employees to consider, there is simply no way I would jeopardise the reputation Insight has built up.

Furthermore, my company invests all its profits back into itself. I take no money from the business at all. I make my own money from trading. That is why I can offer the courses at a good price.

I have made my points. I am sure you will reply with some pithy remark.

I wish you well in your trading.

Regards

Yes Really ?? at 10p a point as listed on your examples on your website - You must be good to make a living out of those levels trading ?- on the other hand if he is making a living out of trading - why does he not illustrate with them?? Think someone is telling Very Big porkies!!! or unless he survives on very little -

No more remarks from me Stu. I know what I said and what the person on the other end of the keyboard said.

But this board is generally cynical of people who sell the 'work from home' or 'second income' dream etc, and rightly so because even you'd have to admit that there are far more sharks than good people out there.

Anyway everyone has to do what they have to do, so good luck in your teachings and personal trading.

Hi, Rule of Thumb - if it hasn't had a good review on this site
from a respected member, then don't waste your money !!.

Hi Folks,
As one who has taken Stu Whisson's spread trading course-----------and glad I did.
His methods are simple and whats more THEY WORK.
Surely one should TRY the course before CRITICIZING it.

Hello,
I have been reading the various opinions expressed about Stu.
I fully agree with James...I have been a member of Stu's website almost from the first day and never had any problems with him answering questions personally and promptly. I paper traded some of the trades he mentioned in his members only site and
found that by and large they would have been profitable if I had used real money. The site has excellent resources and more importantly, almost all of his trades are running at a decent profit.
I am trading with real money now and find his methods simple and easy to follow.
Obviously I cannot divulge the info on the website as I would be breaking the confidentiality agreement, but I cannot understand how anyone can criticise him without giving it a go first!
You are allowed to unsubscribe at any time, so what is the problem? Especially as the sub fees are very reasonable.
I certainly will remain a member!

Perhaps you should both consider how much credibility your opinions have when you both choose to assert the same viewpoint both I note on your first post.

I await with interest to see if we have any further posts from you contributing to the forum on other topics.

Cheers

Oh this is just too funny. The oldest and most stupid trick in the book.

Two people who have never posted here before 'suddenly' pop up and say that this Stu guy and his course are the best thing since sliced bread.

What a joke.

Stu, you're a 'trader', what's the probability that these 2 guys are 'independent' of you? What are the odds? I'd say about 50,000-1.

This has really put a smile on my face this morning.

Anley. have a look at the date of registration of the posters. both from a while ago, and at different times.

whilst im one of the biggest cynics going, i dont think a hostile attitude is the way forward.

everyone is responsible for their own actions. no-one is forcing them to sign up to training courses etc. and even if they are crap, the most important lesson learned is not to do it again. so the money is not entirely wasted.

just give people a chance, buddy. it is hard enough to encourage people to post on here, without jumping down their throat as soon as they do.

thanks,

FC