Spreadco the one to beat?

Even though 0.8 and 1 is pretty much the same they have by far better spreads during the out-of-market hours.
Just 1.8 on FTSE100 and 2.8 points on the Dow. CityIndex have 4 points spread during out-of-market hours on the Dow.
Besides that, SpreadCo have 4 points spread on US crude whereas City have about 7.

what u mean Ftse out of hours ? overnight ? or after 16:30 ?

IG and Cmc offer crude with 4 cents spread ...

what u mean Ftse out of hours ? overnight ? or after 16:30 ?

IG and Cmc offer crude with 4 cents spread ...

Down open 13:30 - 21:00, the rest is out of market hours.

I agree on IG and CMC... they both have good spreads on oil... not CityIndex.

I guess every broker will have good and bad spreads it's up to you to realise what you want to trade and go to a suitable broker. Actually, I'm always bemused when people mix FX with oil with shares with pork bellies etc surely to succeed you need to concentrate on one or two instruments and stick with them? If you like the Forex then surely you need to watch the obvious top 2 pairs and try to trade off them profitably before even thinking about oil and such? I dunno maybe I'm wrong, I often am LOL but I just watch the EURUSD and nothing else, it is a solid thing to trade for many reasons and offers loads of trends on various timeframes. I wouldn't think about opening an oil chart looking for opportunity coz it would distract me from the EURUSD. Perhaps I'm being too disciplined here, but I think there's no such thing!!

Just my 2 cents.

Their promise is no requotes in hours up to £100 per point, then a sliding scale.

Are they keeping their promise?

Any horror stories of bad fills?

Their promise is no requotes in hours up to £100 per point, then a sliding scale.

Are they keeping their promise?

Any horror stories of bad fills?

Are you talking about Spreadco? If so, that's complete bolleaux. Delays and requotes all the time, even at £1 pp.

Are you talking about Spreadco? If so, that's complete bolleaux. Delays and requotes all the time, even at £1 pp.

Sorry yes, SpreadCo.

Oh. Well, more cr*p from the bookies then.

Who do you rate as best?

I'm loving SmartLive Markets at the moment.

Sorry yes, SpreadCo.

Oh. Well, more cr*p from the bookies then.

Who do you rate as best?

I'm loving SmartLive Markets at the moment.
I would say Cityindex, they have got a amazing spread on the Dow future, their price in unbeatable, and this with as I experience it, instant execution. The lack of a user predifine stop loss in points on the order ticket is a minus though. Still they are no. 1 for the Dow for me. I would also rate Capitalspreads very high, no problem whatsoever these days. I like SLM, but they have to have more time to tune up their system.

I've had 2 "partner offers" from T2W for SB companies I had not heard of, within a week or so of each other, one being Spreadco, the other being Intertrader, who seem to be another LCG setup. I haven't looked closely, but they seem to have some sort of money offer.

Does this little burst of marketing suggest that the world of SB is getting even more competitive?

I've had 2 "partner offers" from T2W for SB companies I had not heard of, within a week or so of each other, one being Spreadco, the other being Intertrader, who seem to be another LCG setup. I haven't looked closely, but they seem to have some sort of money offer.

Does this little burst of marketing suggest that the world of SB is getting even more competitive?

Or even more desperate, maybe?

I would say Cityindex, they have got a amazing spread on the Dow future, their price in unbeatable, and this with as I experience it, instant execution. The lack of a user predifine stop loss in points on the order ticket is a minus though. Still they are no. 1 for the Dow for me. I would also rate Capitalspreads very high, no problem whatsoever these days. I like SLM, but they have to have more time to tune up their system.

do you still use dealingdesk?

and?

the difference in experience between dealing desk and capital was quite significant.

Yes, the look and feel of these LCG-related entities (for want of a better phrase) can be quite variable.

I used to find Capital Spreads clunky, whereas Tradefair was a relatively smooth experience most of the time. I still haven't got round to trying the most recent Capital Spreads platform though, which I intend to do at some point.

People usually seem to be positive about Dealing Desk, I notice, although I have never used them.

From memory, LCG's offshoots were just the same thing with a fresh coat of paint, although I think some of them started using the updated platforms before others. Perhaps the 'Slippage' and price tolerance settings are adjusted differently?

Where have you seen delays and requotes on spreadco? I had about 20 trades with them in November/December and never had them.
Although, I've been trading with CS for over two years and never had requotes there.

It just makes me laugh when some people come out and talk about re-quotes. I've heard that some systems had re-quotes and you could be re-quoted if you bet £100+ per point as they try to hedge your position, but I doubt you get re-quotes on £1 position.

That's just my humble opinion and I traded with Capital Spreads, Spread Co, World Spreads and haven't had a problem with any of them.

Where have you seen delays and requotes on spreadco? I had about 20 trades with them in November/December and never had them.

Not sure if it's something that happens after a certain time, number of trades or trading pattern, but I had instant fills for the first few weeks, then a gradual increase in delays and requotes. The platform has a lot of other problems that need fixing before the 0.8pt spreads would be any advantage.

Opened an a/c week ago with spreadco, and 1st week was ok.
Today I had few rejects in Euros, not even re-quotes, even at £1/point.
I wouldn't put more money and if they keep on doing it, I will close the a/c.

I was trading with Dealingdesk at the same time, £5/point, no problem.

I would rather pay just 0.2 pips more.

Not sure if it's something that happens after a certain time, number of trades or trading pattern, but I had instant fills for the first few weeks, then a gradual increase in delays and requotes. The platform has a lot of other problems that need fixing before the 0.8pt spreads would be any advantage.

Hmmm... that's a good point... I totally agree with you as if they want to really hit 0.8 home they need to fix the issues with their platform.

Has anybody had a problem with their customer service? I've never had a problem with customer service anywhere.

Hmmm... that's a good point... I totally agree with you as if they want to really hit 0.8 home they need to fix the issues with their platform.

Has anybody had a problem with their customer service? I've never had a problem with customer service anywhere.

Customer service OK, but they just don't understand why you might feel a bit concerned that the platform has known problems that they seem in no hurry to fix.:)

Customer service OK, but they just don't understand why you might feel a bit concerned that the platform has known problems that they seem in no hurry to fix.:)

I think they are trying to fix some of the issues as once I called them and said that the platform was slow (no re-quotes or something, just slow) and was advised that it was being updated. Can't see anything new though.

I think it will be a big step for them when they finally release iPhone app... everybody has it.