Spreadco the one to beat?

Ross Spur

Spreadco now apparently offering 0.8pt spreads on UK100, US30 and EUR/USD. Is there a catch?

Spreadco now apparently offering 0.8pt spreads on UK100, US30 and EUR/USD. Is there a catch?

Our 0.8pt spreads are available up to a maximum stake of £100 per point. Above this level, we will endeavour to fill trades at this spread depending on market liquidity.

*0.8pt spread is available 24 hours on EURUSD. 0.8 is available ‘in hours’ for UK100 (8am – 4.30pm) and the US30 (2.30pm – 9pm)

**These spreads are available online without re-quote up to a maximum of £100 a point. Higher stakes will be accepted on a sliding scale spread basis, click here for more details. Cost difference values are calculated from financing charges across 6 spread betting firms, based on actual trades placed and are correct as at 08 October 2010. Full details are available on request. Financing may be charged on some currency pairs short positions depending on interest rate differentials.

There is a lot more to spreadbetting than tight or even 0 spreads. I would be more worried about getting filled at the price i want, Not getting requotes ,Not getting spikes that dont seem to be on the underlying, Being able to deposit/ (and more importantly) withdraw funds when i want. Basically just having an honest bookie.

From reading the worldspreads thread the 0 spreads offer seems to come at one hell of a price.

Hi guys,

I read this forum regularly but never post, got a few things to say now though ...

I fail to understand, so please correct me if I am wrong, what the point is in having 0 or 0.8 point spreads when you will get re-quotes, platform crashes, filled at worse prices, etc, etc?

Also, Ross Spur, I see you post quite actively, just wondering who you actually spread bet with? Given that most of the posts I see from you are in a less than positive light.

DEM

Hi guys,

I read this forum regularly but never post, got a few things to say now though ...

I fail to understand, so please correct me if I am wrong, what the point is in having 0 or 0.8 point spreads when you will get re-quotes, platform crashes, filled at worse prices, etc, etc?

Also, Ross Spur, I see you post quite actively, just wondering who you actually spread bet with? Given that most of the posts I see from you are in a less than positive light.

DEM

I've tried most SBs, and all tend to have strengths and weaknesses. In some cases the bad points so outweigh the good points that I'd never use them, but in general they're improving all the time. Platforms get better, spreads get tighter, 'free money' offers abound... we've never had it so good. That doesn't mean to say we shouldn't complain, though!:)

On the point of WorldSpreads - you need to put down a big deposit to be eligible. I actually fail to see what the point of 0.8 point spread and a 1 point spread is. Just a marketing ploy.

On the point of WorldSpreads - you need to put down a big deposit to be eligible. I actually fail to see what the point of 0.8 point spread and a 1 point spread is. Just a marketing ploy.
When it comes to Cityindex and 1 point spread on the Dow doesn't seem to be just a marketing ploy. They have had it for quite a while now. They also seem to be excuting well, at least this is what I have read from traders posting on this forum.

When it comes to Cityindex and 1 point spread on the Dow doesn't seem to be just a marketing ploy. They have had it for quite a while now. They also seem to be excuting well, at least this is what I have read from traders posting on this forum.

Yes, still 1pt Dow and still very speedy execution. Well done, City Index - and boohoo to IG and the rest who stick with 2pt and must lose a lot of business as a result.

Don't get caught in spreadhunting. Who cares about spreads, provided that they are low? Service and reliability. Ease of withdrawal of funds--all are very important. Also, NOT having to telephone with enquiries or complaints. I used to spreadbet for two points and it was reduced to one. Very nice and appreciated. Looking for 0.8? you should be spending your time looking for moves, not bargain hunting for spreads. A good trade is more important.

Don't get caught in spreadhunting. Who cares about spreads, provided that they are low? Service and reliability. Ease of withdrawal of funds--all are very important. Also, NOT having to telephone with enquiries or complaints. I used to spreadbet for two points and it was reduced to one. Very nice and appreciated. Looking for 0.8? you should be spending your time looking for moves, not bargain hunting for spreads. A good trade is more important.

(y)

0.8 or 1 point lol

I opened account with SpreadCo about 2 weeks ago and had about 10 trades so far.
I had no re-quotes, no crashes and I have no problems with them.

As some of you know WorldSpreads have £100k competition where you need to get 10 successful trades to qualify and I use my SpreadCo account to hedge some of the positions.

I think you will have problems with spread betting companies when you trade with a lot of money.

Spread Betting companies should hedge their positions on the open market but not all of them do so and thus use some dodgy techniques. If you have a problem with a spread betting broker you should compain to the FSA as by law spread betting companies have to be able to close your position at any given time (when the market is open).

I opened account with SpreadCo about 2 weeks ago and had about 10 trades so far.
I had no re-quotes, no crashes and I have no problems with them.

As some of you know WorldSpreads have £100k competition where you need to get 10 successful trades to qualify and I use my SpreadCo account to hedge some of the positions.

I think you will have problems with spread betting companies when you trade with a lot of money.

Spread Betting companies should hedge their positions on the open market but not all of them do so and thus use some dodgy techniques. If you have a problem with a spread betting broker you should compain to the FSA as by law spread betting companies have to be able to close your position at any given time (when the market is open).

what's your progress with this £100k competition?