spreadbetting outside uk

paul009

hello, can anyone tell me how i legally can do spreadbetting from outside of the UK?

thanks

hello, can anyone tell me how i legally can do spreadbetting from outside of the UK?

thanks

My understanding is that there is no legal restriction for a person based outside of the UK to open a spread betting account in the UK.
However, individual firms may place their own restrictions on applications being received from certain high risk countries. Should you be resident in Europe then it is unlikely you’ll have any difficulty in opening an account. I would suggest that the best way to do this is to complete their firm’s normal application process and then they’ll decide whether or not they will accept your application.

brokers rules

thanks but i already did that and with both my brokers and they told me that you have to physically live in the UK. i also heard that it was possible in some other way which i am now looking for.

What broker did you use? When I worked at Cantor Index we had plenty of overseas clients. Clients from the US and a couple of other places were the only ones we could not accept.

It is not legal for a US resident to open a spread betting or a CFDs account and that goes for some other countries as well. The problem here could be that some countries in Europe do not grant spread betting being tax free, thus there is no meaning for the broker to give you a spreadbetting account. In most cases they are happy to offer you a CFDs account.

yes i know. in germany it´s alsp not tax free. however, i´ve heard that there are legal ways anyway to get it done anyway. that´s what i´m looking for.

yes i know. in germany it´s alsp not tax free. however, i´ve heard that there are legal ways anyway to get it done anyway. that´s what i´m looking for.
I am quite sure you can get a spread betting account with several firms in the UK. The problem is you still have to tax for it. I think it It is just a matter of time before SB becomes taxable in the UK.

Just try the other brokers. They will ask you probably for things like a copy of your passport and and utility bills.

You should call them though rather they try an open an account online

I don't think SB is nonlegal in Germay, however I could be mistaken here. If you pay tax for your CFDs might not be a bad thing altogether, as it proves you are a profitable trader.:)
It is a good feeling if you also can deduct losses if you are in the red some years.

Last edited:
hi
are you resident in germany or you are citizen

it surprise me that you didn't find company on germany offer spread betting

or here on uk to not accept your application

they accept application from every where

unless there is something on your application against their terms and conditions