Spreadbetting Companies Want YOU to Lose? Any Thoughts - You Tube Video Link

Im very patient joe, very patient to see you become a patient :LOL:

You mistake me for tar. he holds until loose. I hold until win. There's huge difference.

You will soon forget about wheat when I give you something else to pray about.

You mistake me for tar. he holds until loose. I hold until win. There's huge difference.

You will soon forget about wheat when I give you something else to pray about.

These examples are not from my accounts , they are from zulutrade and collective2 . I am against this type of trading .

These examples are not from my accounts , they are from zulutrade and collective2 . I am against this type of trading .

So you are posting someone's demo trades ? Don't see much point in it.

If you are against what they do then you should show what you do and how you are better.

So you are posting someone's demo trades ? Don't see much point in it.

If you are against what they do then you should show what you do and how you are better.

They are not demo , they have live followers with live accounts .

They are not demo , they have live followers with live accounts .

That's what they claim. I would just assume those are some shop BS to entice beginners. It makes no sense to have the ability to use the market as an ATM and then not use that ability but instead to hope the beginners would give them the money.

You mistake me for tar. he knows how to trade . I hold until win . There's huge difference.

You will soon forget about wheat when I give you something else to laugh about.

zEepe_s-200x150.gif

:whistling

Last edited:
That's what they claim. I would just assume those are some shop BS to entice beginners. It makes no sense to have the ability to use the market as an ATM and then not use that ability but instead to hope the beginners would give them the money.

Using the market as ATM ha . Thank god that Oanda doesnt have gasoline cfds or you would have been used by mr market on a daily basis :LOL:

Using the market as ATM ha . Thank god that Oanda doesnt have gasoline cfds or you would have been used by mr market on a daily basis :LOL:

Can't say I understand your logic. Any reason why mr market doesn't use me in other cfds ? I have indices, natural gas, oil, silver, gold, etc. He can certainly salivate all over my money but that doesn't mean he can have it. Even if you add in darkie's praying, it still won't help him.

hi Oscar (y)
do you mind elaborating on that a bit? is that what you do?

Hi Kaeso

I use both.

Use direct for shares, cheaper and like the market depth for shares

Market maker for index, smaller size
Can trade a couple of bucks with my market maker on the DAX
With direct market min trade size is 25 euros, out of my league

Shops ? Shops would love you to gamble, eat you up most times.

Yes, I am waiting for them to eat me up. But I am neither a beginner nor a child. So I am not easily frightened. Some of the people here will tell you I am into shop baiting.

HUh ? Master... baiter ? 1st hand experience?

Oh I see you two into that sort of thing eh ?

:LOL:

Hi

What a lot of old rubbish.

1. A broker is often a SB or market maker. It can either be the market maker acting as principle to the trades or they can be a liquidity provider to clients as an execution only venue.

2. This point doesn't even make sense. But I think the point you're trying to make is a SB firm can't route toxic business/clients directly to the underlying market - they can, they do, you're wrong.

3. yes they do. yes there is.

4. you have a point here. Any delay in a fill should raise red flags that you're on the SB firms radar.

5. Stop hunting doesn't happen at SB firms. Your rambling about pivot points is nonsense. A stop order is an instruction to the SB firm to deal at the next available price once the order level has been touched. Simple, no hunting, no pivots, no conspiracy.....

6. clueless.

This person knows nothing about how SB firms operate.

Best, HF.

about number 3

do you mean all, like IG? (A -B books thing)?

"When you open a long position on the trading platform that trade feeds into IG's total global exposure for that asset. We don't run a speculative position on any market, so ideally we'll have a number of clients with contrasting views who will net off against each other. This is important for a number of reasons. First it means that we never have a view of where a market is trading or the direction it is trading in - it is never in our interest for a stop or limit to be hit,"

https://community.ig.com/t5/FX-and-...osition-at-5-30-am-North-Korea-News/m-p/14248

about number 3

do you mean all, like IG? (A -B books thing)?

"When you open a long position on the trading platform that trade feeds into IG's total global exposure for that asset. We don't run a speculative position on any market, so ideally we'll have a number of clients with contrasting views who will net off against each other. This is important for a number of reasons. First it means that we never have a view of where a market is trading or the direction it is trading in - it is never in our interest for a stop or limit to be hit,"

https://community.ig.com/t5/FX-and-...osition-at-5-30-am-North-Korea-News/m-p/14248

Hi

I don't like commenting on other firms but the post you refer to is in the public domain so i'll try and answer without being overly critical on IG (cos I like them)

I think its important to establish that you were talking to IG about crypto currencies which are different to synthetic contracts priced from the physical market for physical delivery.

But, the reply from the IG rep seems to digress from talking crypto currency to talking about the IG book in general and it is those points he made that make me wonder how on earth their compliance team allowed that post to be published as there are so many things wrong with what he has told you.

1. "they don't run a speculative position because ideally they have a number of clients with contrasting views that net off against each other". Ok, fair enough, that's the theory we all know that but what happens when clients don't net off against each other and there is residual risk? IG don't hedge what fits within their risk parameters so the surplus is a speculative position. It may be a speculative position which is determined by the excess flow from clients not netting but it is still a speculative position.

2. "it is never in our interest for a stop or limit to be hit". Oh please, this is just not true. if for example IG were maximum long EURUSD and someones stop got hit fairly that took IG back to within their limits that would be in their interest. It would mean they are probably locking in a profit and it would also mean they do not need to pay the cost of hedging to bring their risk limits back in to line. Telling you its not in their interests whether a stop is hit or not is patronising. At the very least orders being filled creates more spread income for IG and that is very much in their interests.

3. Him telling you that "when there is overwhelming sentiment and IG's global exposure becomes either max long or max short" he is saying to you that IG run speculative positions to a maximum exposure that they hedge thereafter.

4. He mentions risk levels in his last paragraph, again seeming to contradict paragraph 2 where he tells you IG don't run a speculative position on any market.

finally, in answer to your question... IG 100% know who their winning clients are and who the clients are who deal in sizes likely to breach their internal limits - those people are hedged as they deal, the rest of their clients go in to their B book where speculative risk is managed by their dealing teams.

I have no beef with IG at all but that post by JamesIG wouldn't have been approved by me to be published.

Last edited: