Spreadbetting Companies Want YOU to Lose? Any Thoughts - You Tube Video Link

SB companies and studies by various independent bodies used to say that at any point in a year, 80% of clients were losing and only 20% winning. That's a higher percentage of winners than we usually hear quoted, but if only half the 80% close their accounts per year and are replaced by newcomers, that pretty soon works out to the 90-95% losers figure usually heard.

It is not only about short term CFD trades. How to know if the Options prices on Brokerage Platforms and therefore the price of Volatility are a fair and accurate reflection of reality?
More likely that traders are getting “ripped off” by an Options Market Maker too.

When they get their chance to cheat, obviously they would nt miss it!

I will change my view when you show evidence to the contrary.

Sure they can influence the price of assets or currencies through monetary policy. Changing interest rates can kickstart a long term trend. But anyone would know that. What you were implying though is some sort of covert conspiracy where they control the price of anything at any one particular time is absurd...

Do you really think some SB company can move the EUR/USD price?

? do you know how big the market is? To move the EUR/USD price even by a fraction of a percent would take billions. No SB companies have the resources to risk this much money just to move the market to their favor. They could manipulate the price seen on the screen by a few pips, but even if they do this too often they would soon be caught out, considering most traders might have multiple screens open obtaining quotes from various sources, some kind of discrepancy like this would easily be found out.

All assets used for speculations are owned by the banks directly or indirectly. They move the price because it is profitable and because the clueless blame the brokers.

If you're this cynical you must be a goldbug. I suggest you sell all your shares,bonds, stop speculating on Forex, and move all your money into GOLD.

Gambling ( with the dice loaded against you ) at best.

Unethical practice. No regulatory body action.
Massive money, and the public is fooled into believing that it is a game of their intelligence!

There are also plenty of sock puppets and flesh puppets ( shills ), to fool people to lose their money too.

Anton says actually 90% people lose 90% money in 90 days - 90/90/90 rule!

So in 90 days, the real traders are gone! You dont hear from them anymore!

......and you believe everything Anton says ? ......:whistling

Yes, its true SB and CFD companies want you to lose, since they take the other side of your trade, because they KNOW 95% of traders are losers.
The other 5%, they hedge trades manually, exposing you to unnecessary risks.

The man in the video is right. Why did they take the video down, though?

Why else do you think the brokers are so rich?

guess .......:rolleyes:

Secondly, if you do have a problem with that, please make your explanation very clear, since he does also say that these mega rich companies do employ people for propaganda ( shills ).

Are you one, shill ? There's always another entity at the other side of a trade, be it a broker or bank. It make no difference who they are. They are in it to win.

To bang on about the no-broker BS is just acting as a shill for another bunch of merchants.

? do you know how big the market is? To move the EUR/USD price even by a fraction of a percent would take billions. No SB companies have the resources to risk this much money just to move the market to their favor. They could manipulate the price seen on the screen by a few pips, but even if they do this too often they would soon be caught out, considering most traders might have multiple screens open obtaining quotes from various sources, some kind of discrepancy like this would easily be found out.

Agreed.
I think the idea of SB and CFD companies moving the forex market to hunt some stops has always been a myth.

Agreed.
I think the idea of SB and CFD companies moving the forex market to hunt some stops has always been a myth.

This is false, any MM does not need to move no market in order to trigger your stop and I think you know this but are seemingly pro-SB company.

I wonder why - paid shills, are you one of them ?

This is false, any MM does not need to move no market in order to trigger your stop and I think you know this but are seemingly pro-SB company.

I wonder why - paid shills, are you one of them ?

I know SB firms move spreads about every day, I see it every day. But if any new trader is trying to trade on such a tight margin for error that it could be negated by opening spreads, he's a fool who deserves to be parted from his money.

Please understand one thing here folks: the issue is NOT about market manipulation.

The issue is of brokers having a vested INTEREST in YOU losing, and the strategy they employ to exploit you. Their gain must mean your loss.

This is the way it works: Heads I win, tails you lose

Please understand one thing here folks: the issue is NOT about market manipulation.

The issue is of brokers having a vested INTEREST in YOU losing, and the strategy they employ to exploit you. Their gain must mean your loss.

Theres things called 'liquidity providers', the only time youll be a problem for your broker is if your efforts damage their relationship.

Nonsense.

Its neutral to the SB company if I win since for every 1 winner there are 9 losers. Plus they can hedge any really aggressive positions by participating in the market themselves.

However, assuming they make money by charging me a spread on my every trade, if my account is wiped out and I make zero trades next year, they will make zero spread. So how is that good business?

On top of which, every trader whose account is wiped out with SB company ABC may well open an account with SB company XYZ, so ABC have suffered a double loss - loss of revenue stream and loss of market share.

If SB company wanted to simply take my money they could set up a binaries operation registered in some tiny island jurisdiction, accept the deposits and then simply jet off to Brazil.