Spreadbetting and Daytrading/Scalping

Apparently you are not trading live with them. On the live account you have 1 point spread on the FTSE/DAX.

i have realised that this is the case! i am waiting for my live login to work.

Why make your demo a different spread? how odd. i realise speed is a difference between demo and live but discounted it as the demo is 2 pip spread... wierd.

i have realised that this is the case! i am waiting for my live login to work.

Why make your demo a different spread? how odd. i realise speed is a difference between demo and live but discounted it as the demo is 2 pip spread... wierd.
Yes, I have pointed out to them that the demo account should reflect that of the live account. Simon from CS have said it has to do with that the spread on the live account is kind of unofficial, as the platform is still fairly new, and need to be tested for a longer period of time. According to Simon, they are working on towards getting the spread established on a permanent basis. The spread have been 1 point spread on the FTSE/DAX going 6 month back.

Yes, I have pointed out to them that the demo account should reflect that of the live account. Simon from CS have said it has to do with that the spread on the live account is kind of unofficial, as the platform is still fairly new, and need to be tested for a longer period of time. According to Simon, they are working on towards getting the spread established on a permanent basis. The spread have been 1 point spread on the FTSE/DAX going 6 month back.

ah so dealing desk is capital spreads? which is also futuresbetting?

ah so dealing desk is capital spreads? which is also futuresbetting?
Yes, futuresbetting.com is owned by London Capital Group Ltd. It is an entirely different SB model based on direct market access, trading the real futures with a SB wrapper. Dealingdesk is a white label of London Capital Group Ltd, but uses a new platform model, that CS has not yet adopted. It is said by Simon, that this might be done at the end of this month.

Yes, futuresbetting.com is owned by London Capital Group Ltd. It is an entirely different SB model based on direct market access, trading the real futures with a SB wrapper. Dealingdesk is a white label of London Capital Group Ltd, but uses a new platform model, that CS has not yet adopted. It is said by Simon, that this might be done at the end of this month.

good work GLE.

hopefully i can tidy a thread up or post somewhere like post 1 and put all my findings there. not to say whichever one i choose is the best. Ill give a top 3 and put plus points and bad points for each one.

good work GLE.

hopefully i can tidy a thread up or post somewhere like post 1 and put all my findings there. not to say whichever one i choose is the best. Ill give a top 3 and put plus points and bad points for each one.
Thanks, yes keep on posting.:)

Thx for the above info chaps, but I think you should also include the value of the charts they offer too.
Recently I persevered with Finspreads and finally got their charts to load. They are actually imho better than stockcharts who I have been using but won't now have to renew !

They do tick, 1 min, 2 min, 3 min etc. and all usual indicators like Macd etc.
Nice and cheap at £1 for S&P 500 point

On the downside they can seize up solid when the market starts to motor !

been running dealing desk and tradefair live all day

im still trying to fund my odl account - not a good start odl...

ive just closed my dealing desk account. Whilst the spreads are fantastic - eurusd 1 pip!!! gbpusd 2pips dax/ftse 1pip

i find the platform confusing - as in im moving at speed and i cannot be arsed to then go back and put in an order on the other side of the trade, I have to do the same process with Tradefair but Dealing Desk doesn't give you the direction of the trade - very confusing. (surely you can remember the direction you placed Francis - probably yes i could but i work in IT so i know what systems can and should deliver.

Tradefair hasn't got as good spreads - eurusd 2pips gbpusd 3 dax/ftse 1pip but i find the platform slightly more manageable and i dont get a processing order box like on dealingdesk.

So at the moment i am running with tradefair even at a pip cost on forex. I await to see what the odl live is like - i like the idea of being able to fill in my limit at the point of order - dealing desk & tradefair - take note im sure you are / will be reading this in the near future.

apologies for posting on 2 threads but hope this helps people in getting a better deal/platform.

i find the platform confusing - as in im moving at speed and i cannot be arsed to then go back and put in an order on the other side of the trade, I have to do the same process with Tradefair but Dealing Desk doesn't give you the direction of the trade - very confusing. (surely you can remember the direction you placed Francis - probably yes i could but i work in IT so i know what systems can and should deliver.
Yes they have some work left to do on the platform. Simple things, like adding a minus in the open position window for short positions (by the way, you can see the direction of the position by looking at the trade history). The most important thing for me is the spread , speed of price feed and execution. This without any funny games played by the SB. This is a must have if you are scalping, at this moment Dealingdesk offers them all. To be honest, I am quite impressed how well they have performed so far.

Thx for the above info chaps, but I think you should also include the value of the charts they offer too.
Recently I persevered with Finspreads and finally got their charts to load. They are actually imho better than stockcharts who I have been using but won't now have to renew !

They do tick, 1 min, 2 min, 3 min etc. and all usual indicators like Macd etc.
Nice and cheap at £1 for S&P 500 point

On the downside they can seize up solid when the market starts to motor !
I very seldom use the charts delivered by the SB companies. I don't find them to be any good. There are plenty of good external chart package, not to forget to mention the many free MT4 providers demo, which you can use for charting.

good work GLE.

i would definatley give Futuresbetting a look, there spreads are better than most out there. Ftse has a market spread of .5 of a point then Fbc add there commision (spread)
of .5 after a certain amount of trades there commision goes down to .25..the best thing is the instant fills, no re quotes, and no out of order stop fills, as you getting actual market prices.

i would definatley give Futuresbetting a look, there spreads are better than most out there. Ftse has a market spread of .5 of a point then Fbc add there commision (spread)
of .5 after a certain amount of trades there commision goes down to .25..the best thing is the instant fills, no re quotes, and no out of order stop fills, as you getting actual market prices.

£10 per point minimum bet size tho rite?

£10 per point minimum bet size tho rite?
Yes, for most of the spread betters this just too much. You can get hammered if your are not an experienced trader. I trade FTSE at times, and honestly, I wouldn't put this kind of money on the table, trading an index that is more volatile than the Nasdaq.

update -

tradefair in my humble opinion is more reliable than dealingdesk.
tradefair in my humble opinion is more quicker than dealingdesk.

thoughts/experiences?

update -

tradefair in my humble opinion is more reliable than dealingdesk.
tradefair in my humble opinion is more quicker than dealingdesk.

thoughts/experiences?
I haven't tried out Tradefair, so I actually don't know. I wonder, are they using CS platform structure or the new one, which Dealindesk is using? Somebody at another thread told me they have a better layout compared to CS. I will have to get a demo to check them out. What do you mean by, they are more quicker than Dealingdesk?

I haven't tried out Tradefair, so I actually don't know. I wonder, are they using CS platform structure or the new one, which Dealindesk is using? Somebody at another thread told me they have a better layout compared to CS. I will have to get a demo to check them out. What do you mean by, they are more quicker than Dealingdesk?

I have had one not filled at price on tradefair.

Dealing desk is slower. It has crashed at least twice on me already. It presents a waiting box when you put an order on. Slow to bring up account history and orders placed.

tradefair system is far quicker.

I will try out ODL later this week so it is now between ODL and tradefair for me.

I have had one not filled at price on tradefair.

Dealing desk is slower. It has crashed at least twice on me already. It presents a waiting box when you put an order on. Slow to bring up account history and orders placed.

tradefair system is far quicker.

I will try out ODL later this week so it is now between ODL and tradefair for me.
Thanks, I have had none of these problems you mention. I get a feeling you are too quick in evaluating these platforms and passing on judgement too fast. This is of course up to you. I am not defending Dealingdesk, but when a SB platform comes along that operates in great speed, with execution that is comparable with direct market access, and most important, no games played (so far), it will get my attention.

Thanks, I have had none of these problems you mention. I get a feeling you are too quick in evaluating these platforms and passing on judgement too fast. This is of course up to you. I am not defending Dealingdesk, but when a SB platform comes along that operates in great speed, with execution that is comparable with direct market access, and most important, no games played (so far), it will get my attention.

i work in IT.
i have tested both tradefair and dealingdesk on 2 machines.
dealing desk crashed on me again this morning. Tradefair has not crashed on me yet.
i want as little stress as possible early in the morning.

why be a guinea pig for a platfrom that is not finished?

nuff sed.