Spreadbetting and Daytrading/Scalping

i work in IT.
i have tested both tradefair and dealingdesk on 2 machines.
dealing desk crashed on me again this morning. Tradefair has not crashed on me yet.
i want as little stress as possible early in the morning.

why be a guinea pig for a platfrom that is not finished?

nuff sed.
CS have had technical problems for years, with their old platform structure, Tradefair is probably still using this platform. This will result in too many "price no longer valid", it will not work for short term trading. We will see how you get along.

so it is now between ODL and tradefair for me.

Hey :) Did you ever settle on a single platform? Which one? How's it been?

Also, does anyone have any experience with high stakes spread betting? At what price do the spread betting companies start taking a "special interest" in you and things become harder? (yes, I'm a scalper, generally in the market for a couple of minutes to an hour or so)

I'm not quite at that level yet but I'm just getting prepared (ever the optimist! :rolleyes:) Prospreads look like a good outfit, if only because they hedge direct to market, but it looks like they don't have any charting. I actually like the IG Index charts. Any recommendations?

Spread betting

Hey :) Did you ever settle on a single platform? Which one? How's it been?

Also, does anyone have any experience with high stakes spread betting? At what price do the spread betting companies start taking a "special interest" in you and things become harder? (yes, I'm a scalper, generally in the market for a couple of minutes to an hour or so)

I'm not quite at that level yet but I'm just getting prepared (ever the optimist! :rolleyes:) Prospreads look like a good outfit, if only because they hedge direct to market, but it looks like they don't have any charting. I actually like the IG Index charts. Any recommendations?

Yes, I am aware of the problems and there are a few solutions:
1. set up accounts with different SB firms and use a multiclicker to enter same position simultaneously (viperclicker is one I use)
2. There are SB firms that do hedge (bone fide) I think GFT may be one of them.
3. Set up a proper direct access broker and pay commissions (much smaller apreads though) and yes, pay the tax.

GT