Spread Betting the Wall Street Rolling Daily

Mo,
All respect to you, you are good at picking the direction to grab the odd 10-30 pips. However, as Timsk said, you are playing a very risky game. I would not build a strategy based on getting the Dow direction correct at better than 9 times out of 10...

Good luck!

Hi leonarda

I don't pick the direction; my system does it for me. I agree it is high risk; I have made any bones about that. One of the lessons I have learned since I started this thread is that although my system gives me a direction for making a profit, it is not always wise to jump in immediately; rather it is better to look for a pull back.
Mobanded

Hi Mob',
I think you're very wise. That said, almost inevitably, the index will now shoot up overnight - so I hope you didn't close your position on my account!
;)
Tim.

Hi Tim

If it does I now know who to blame!!

Mobanded

Hi

I think I am now up to date and have answered all messages directed to me. If I have missed anyone, please let me know.

Mobanded

Hi

At the start of Day 6 my profit is £1,680/168 pips. My system suggests Shorting the Dow at about 10000. As mentioned yesterday, rather than enter the market immediately, I will be looking to trade at about 10020 to 10030 levels..

Mobanded

Hi

At the start of Day 6 my profit is £1,680/168 pips. My system suggests Shorting the Dow at about 10000. As mentioned yesterday, rather than enter the market immediately, I will be looking to trade at about 10020 to 10030 levels..

Mobanded

sounds like a reasonable plan.

I am short the Dow at 10008 - 11.46 am.

Mobanded

I decided go short earlier than planned because the index started to hesitate going higher, but, more importantly to me was the gap it created at 9994 at 11.31am. My experience is that such gaps are nearly always filled at sometime during the trading day.

Last edited:
mobanded, where do you get the 2-point spread out of hours? I have 2 point from US open, but not before.

Good luck today mobanded

mobanded, where do you get the 2-point spread out of hours? I have 2 point from US open, but not before.

Good luck today mobanded

Hi

Thanks for the good luck massage.

Try Capital Spreads.com for DOW spreads of 2 points. FTSE is not as as good out of trading hours.

Mobanded

I am out (bought) at 10008 - 1.29 - level.

Now waiting for the 1.30pm announcements in the US to get out of the way.

Mobanded

Last edited:
Short at 10024, just missed 1040 ish. Time 13.33 pm.
Mobanded

[\QUOTE]

Looks like I jumped the gun getting back in (I would have been happy if I had got 1040ish) but at least I got out before the Dow moved up. Sitting back and waiting for it to reverse direction. Time 13.47 pm

Hi

Sold at 9989 and not out.

Mobanded

Time 15.01

Sorry, that should be Bought at 9989 and out (and could say regretting it, at last look the Dow is at 9947 and that has cost me £500 or 50 pips but I happy to take a profit. - £350/35 pips

Last edited:
Looks like your luck ran out, Mob.

Could gap down over the weekend. Besides, it will have to run against him another 100 points or so just to take out his initial stake. If he includes what he has made as well, then a lot more.

Could gap down over the weekend. Besides, it will have to run against him another 100 points or so just to take out his initial stake. If he includes what he has made as well, then a lot more.

Could also gap up:). I think Mob said earlier that he withdraws profit to keep the pot at £2k, so the effective stop isn't that far away. Friday's steady rise could indicate that the bad news has been factored in again, in which case the Dow might not get near 10k for a while.