Spread betting at FXCM

Jason
It's all well and good saying no requotes but that simply means we get filled wherever you want. Add your large spreads and we are on a loser.

Jason
It's all well and good saying no requotes but that simply means we get filled wherever you want. Add your large spreads and we are on a loser.

Hi Fibbinstarchi,

One thing to keep in mind is that no re-quote doesn’t mean no control. FXCM traders are able to specify what amount of slippage they are willing to accept, if any, by selecting the Market Range. Traders get an immediate fill or rejection on an order rather than potentially having to wait for a dealer to respond.

Jason

Hi Fibbinstarchi,

One thing to keep in mind is that no re-quote doesn’t mean no control. FXCM traders are able to specify what amount of slippage they are willing to accept, if any, by selecting the Market Range. Traders get an immediate fill or rejection on an order rather than potentially having to wait for a dealer to respond.

Jason

How often do you get filled if it's set to zero slippage?

How often do you get filled if it's set to zero slippage?

Hi Ross,

I don't have stats, but it depends on liquidity. Personally, I like having the price certainty, so I have my Market Range set to zero to reduce slippage. That said, I don’t trade around news events when liquidity is likely to be lower. Traders that do will probably want to have a higher Market Range to compensate for lower liquidity and more erratic price action. Even then, the Market Range is useful in putting a cap on the amount of slippage that is possible even in the most volatile markets.

Jason

Hi Fibbinstarchi,

Jason

Interesting. Can you tell me the amount (with no names of course) of the largest win and the largest loss made by individual traders for the 2011 year end please?

Its a shame this competition is not avaiable to spreadbetting account holders. I have a Micro account but not a spreadbetting account and this is the main reason why I haven't opened one.

Its a shame this competition is not avaiable to spreadbetting account holders. I have a Micro account but not a spreadbetting account and this is the main reason why I haven't opened one.

Thanks for your feedback, Hacks.

Right now the contest is only open to FXCM Micro clients, but I'll post an announcement here should that change.

Jason

Jason

Any chance you could answer my earlier questions about FXCM being fined $20 million in the US? When will you compensate non US clients for the money that was taken from them by FXCM in wrongful slippage?

With respect these competitions are meaningless. Someone has the stats to answer my question, are you not prepared to get the info to answer my question?

Hi Fibbinstarchi,

Even without names, the only info regarding an individual client's profits or losses I could provide is from the contest, since the 3 winners each month sign a disclosure stating that we can publish their info.

Jason

FXCM Currency Trading Expo in Las Vegas: November 2-4, 2012

FXCM will be hosting another currency trading expo in Las Vegas at the Rio on November 2-4, 2012. You can click here for a schedule of all the workshops. Over 30 workshops are currently schedule, and we anticipate adding more in the weeks ahead.

I was there at last year’s expo, and it was great getting to meet many of you. For those who didn’t attend last year, you can click here for videos from last year’s expo. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason

Holiday Hours, July 4, 2012

A couple notices for trading this week....

There are no changes to forex trading hours or customer service hours on Wednesday for the U.S. 4th of July holiday, but there are some changes to trading hours for certain CFD products. See the attached screenshot for holiday hours.

The second thing you should be aware of are changes to the rollover schedule due to this week's holiday. Today, July 2nd, there is 2x rollover for all currency pairs, and tomorrow, July 3rd, there is 0x rollover for all currency pairs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Jason

Attachments

• holiday hours 7-2-2012 10-56-34 AM.png
    holiday hours 7-2-2012 10-56-34 AM.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 206
FXCM Expo - E*TRADE Premier Sponsor

FXCM will be hosting another currency trading expo in Las Vegas at the Rio on November 2-4, 2012. You can click here for a schedule of all the workshops. Over 30 workshops are currently schedule, and we anticipate adding more in the weeks ahead.

I was there at last year’s expo, and it was great getting to meet many of you. For those who didn’t attend last year, you can click here for videos from last year’s expo. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason

Hi Everyone,

I have an update on the FXCM Expo to be held in Las Vegas from Friday, November 2nd to Sunday, November 4th. E*TRADE has signed on as the premier sponsor and will be conducting workshops on Stocks, Options and Futures trading.

etradepremiersponsor.png

You can click here for the latest schedule of events. I will keep you posted as new workshops are added to the lineup.

Hope to see you in November!

Jason