Spread betting at FXCM

Hi Jason

I already have a Micro account with FXCM and now thinking of opening a spreadbetting account. However I'd like to know whether withdrawals incur a $15 fee and are sent from the US as in the Micro account or whether they are made in Pounds stering from the UK.

Thanks.

Hi Hack,

Yes, your funds will be held in Pounds sterling with HSBC in the UK. With a spread betting account, credit card withdrawals are free and bank wire withdrawals incur a £15 fee.

If you need any help making the change to a UK spread betting, feel free to send me an email at [email protected] and I can help.

Thanks,

- Jason

Fxcm-demo , forex was instant , but i had a strange msg "dealer" this morning while trading the Dax at the open before 7:10 AM .

Attachments

• fxcm.jpg
    fxcm.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 708
Thumbs up! Now just let people know with adverts and to further increase your customer base you do need to reduce spread sizes

Jason

If you want to compete with the UK market you really have to reduce spreads.

There are a number of brokers offering for example EUR/USD 0.6 to 2.2

On FXCM its rare for EUR/USD to below 2.0, average 2.5/2.7

You reduce spreads to compete with the spreads of CMC, Capital Spreads, Alpari and you will treble your customer base.

Any plans Jason ?

Fxcm reduce your spreads u have slippage control and we need that with 1 pip spread eur and 1 cable.

Last edited:
It's a shame you're so greedy with your spreads and have not yet cottoned on to the fact that if you reduce your spreads you will actually make more money. Who runs this company?

There are a number of brokers offering for example EUR/USD 0.6 to 2.2...On FXCM its rare for EUR/USD to below 2.0, average 2.5/2.7

Hi JDTRADER,

Quality of execution is just as important as the spreads you’re trading on. I can see how advertisements about 0.9 pip spreads or even 0 spreads could be enticing from a marketing perspective, but you can read trader’s experiences in other threads, especially active traders, and the problems they can often encounter. We often hear also about it from traders that move over from our competitors.

With FXCM’s NDD forex execution, there are no re-quotes, no dealer referral, and no restrictions on how close you can place stops and limits to the current market price. These are all tools a market maker uses to manage their risk and often times used to the disadvantage of the trader. A market maker (dealing desk broker) with this type of marketing can give up the spread while counting on making it back through the traders losing positions. When you start actively trading or trading with the trend is when you run into trouble, and it’s funny that you will likely never receive a re-quote at a better price if the broker is truly trying to ensure you receive “the correct market price”.

You won’t run into these problems with FXCM’s NDD forex execution because we’re not making the market for forex transactions. The pricing engine on FXCM’s forex execution automatically takes the quotes from 10+ liquidity providers and displays the best bid/ask with our pip mark-up. The spreads will vary based upon liquidity and market volatility, and you know that you can click on the price without having to play games with your broker over pricing. If slippage is something that concerns you, I would recommend using the At Best vs. Market Range controls built in you can use to limit slippage depending on your preferences. We’re planning an update for the FX Trading Station II platform this month that will give our traders even more control over slippage by allowing you to customize the market range amount down to as low as a fraction of a pip.

-Jason

Hi JDTRADER,

Quality of execution is just as important as the spreads you’re trading on. I can see how advertisements about 0.9 pip spreads or even 0 spreads could be enticing from a marketing perspective, but you can read trader’s experiences in other threads, especially active traders, and the problems they can often encounter. We often hear also about it from traders that move over from our competitors.

With FXCM’s NDD forex execution, there are no re-quotes, no dealer referral, and no restrictions on how close you can place stops and limits to the current market price. These are all tools a market maker uses to manage their risk and often times used to the disadvantage of the trader. A market maker (dealing desk broker) with this type of marketing can give up the spread while counting on making it back through the traders losing positions. When you start actively trading or trading with the trend is when you run into trouble, and it’s funny that you will likely never receive a re-quote at a better price if the broker is truly trying to ensure you receive “the correct market price”.

You won’t run into these problems with FXCM’s NDD forex execution because we’re not making the market for forex transactions. The pricing engine on FXCM’s forex execution automatically takes the quotes from 10+ liquidity providers and displays the best bid/ask with our pip mark-up. The spreads will vary based upon liquidity and market volatility, and you know that you can click on the price without having to play games with your broker over pricing. If slippage is something that concerns you, I would recommend using the At Best vs. Market Range controls built in you can use to limit slippage depending on your preferences. We’re planning an update for the FX Trading Station II platform this month that will give our traders even more control over slippage by allowing you to customize the market range amount down to as low as a fraction of a pip.

-Jason

Yes, but no matter how good the execution, 4pt on US30 is too wide.

I know this is short notice (sorry about not posting earlier), but we're hosting a free forex seminar on Friday along with H20Markets on "Trading Market Volatility". The seminar is being presented by Richard Farleigh, former professional hedge fund manager, author of the critically acclaimed book 100 Secret Strategies for Investing and former star of the BBC's hit show Dragon's Den. The seminar will take place from 8:30am - 11:30am at The Grange Hotel in London. More details along with registration found here http://www.fxcm.co.uk/richard.jsp .

Why the change to variable spread on FTSE and DAX ?

Is it temporary?

Hi kalott

The target spread is 1 point during normal market hours and 2 points during break hours. It is possible for the spread to widen depending on market conditions, but for the most part spreads will be at 1 -2 points for UK100 and GER30 symbols.

- Jason

Hi JDTRADER,

Quality of execution is just as important as the spreads you’re trading on.
-Jason

Ok Jason I funded my FXCM Micro but still think if FXCM took on the FX Broker market with much tighter spreads FXCM would be No1 in the world for retail traders.

I'll give feedback on how I get on :smart:

Ok Jason I funded my FXCM Micro but still think if FXCM took on the FX Broker market with much tighter spreads FXCM would be No1 in the world for retail traders.

I'll give feedback on how I get on :smart:

I agree, they have slippage control, one of the best charting/trading platform, they wont let you get in debt by allowing you to back past your initial deposit. It's weird, it's like they don't want to be No1. All they have to do is reduce their spreads now, not to CMC advertised prices because you don't get those prices anyway, but 1 pip on the FX majors, 1 pip on ftse/dax/dow etc would see them clear up.

started using FXCM and impressed. actually I think its better than MT4 when you get used to it. I like the in chart dealing, spreads not too much of an issue if you are swing trading for a few hundred points...but could be a bit lower

started using FXCM and impressed. actually I think its better than MT4 when you get used to it. I like the in chart dealing, spreads not too much of an issue if you are swing trading for a few hundred points...but could be a bit lower

An FXCM must read: FXCM ordered to pay $6 million more by the CFTC to settle allegations of failure to monitor and maintain its trading systems | Forex Magnates

I also use FXCM in conjunction with 2 other platforms. FXCM is the best but I still think the spreads are to wide and slippage is always worst against you rather than for you on Limits.

I no longer use the FXCM Marketscope charts, I still use my Entry and Exits off my MT4 charts. I just use FXCM for the great Execution.

I use SLM MT4 also...but when it comes to depositing some larger sums and trading larger I just don't have enough faith in SLM (or whatever they are called this week....)

Hi JDTRADER,

The settlement between FXCM and the CFTC was anticipated and previously disclosed on August 11, 2011, during FXCM’s Second Quarter Earnings Conference Call. At that time, the company established a reserve of $16 million in anticipation of the fines associated with the CFTC ($6 million) and the NFA ($2 million) settlements as well as restitution ($8,261,937) credited to affected clients. To date, the NFA fine has been paid and restitution to affected clients has been credited. The NFA and CFTC fines as well as restitution are all covered under that reserve, resulting in no negative impact to the net income of FXCM Inc.

Our full statement can be found here FXCM US Reaches Settlement with the CFTC for $6 Million

I also use FXCM in conjunction with 2 other platforms. FXCM is the best but I still think the spreads are to wide and slippage is always worst against you rather than for you on Limits.

I no longer use the FXCM Marketscope charts, I still use my Entry and Exits off my MT4 charts. I just use FXCM for the great Execution.

Great to hear your feedback about the execution and platform!

-Jason

Thanks for the feedback!

Hi JDTRADER,
Great to hear your feedback about the execution and platform!

-Jason

lol :p

You know on Twitter I was pulling your leg (@Cash_Card), in fact as I progress I will move all funds to FXCM in time.

BUT

Spreads ! please have a word Jason, cut by a pip or 0.5 and FXCM will get TONS more traffic. :idea:

#justsaying