Spread betting at FXCM

Really? Then can you explain why the executions are much slower even to the point sometimes not worth bothering at high volitile times with your sb fx than your normal fx? Surely, they should be identical?

Hi Truth Seeker,

Execution should be the same (or very close) if orders are going through at the same time under the same conditions. I can check for discrepancies between your accounts if you email me the details at [email protected]. Thanks and let me know.

- Jason

Is there any chance you could arrange accounts to be opened for a £500..

Hi Truth Seeker,

We lowered the minimum to open a spread bet account to £100 based on feedback from clients like yourself. Appreciate the feedback!

Cheers,

- Jason

Why Don't FXCM offer SB through MT4 and are there any plans to in future?

Hi neil324,

We do get requests for access to MT4 with SB accounts. There are no plans right now to introduce MT4 for SB accounts but I'll let you know if it is made available.

Cheers,

- Jason

Hi Truth Seeker,

We lowered the minimum to open a spread bet account to £100 based on feedback from clients like yourself. Appreciate the feedback!

Cheers,

- Jason

Thumbs up! Now just let people know with adverts and to further increase your customer base you do need to reduce spread sizes which I'm sure you know as you still have a good platform but the spreads are keeping people away, you will still make good profits as you know most spreadbetters lose.
How do you deal with consistant winners, do you refer to dealer, or just close their accounts like some spreadbetting companies?

How do you deal with consistant winners, do you refer to dealer, or just close their accounts like some spreadbetting companies?

The outcome of your trades on NDD forex execution has no effect on FXCM's profit or loss so we deal with all spread betters the same way. You can scalp, trade news, or trade in any way you like without re-quotes from a dealer.

- Jason

Last edited:
I had a demo account with fxcm and they emailed me many times to open up a full account but their spreads are too wide for me, 2.5 pips on eur/usd but very rarely below 2 pips. They like scalpers but with their spreads its pretty hard scalping. Once I told fxcm their spreads were too wide for me they left me alone. If they improve their spreads I would be interested but not at their present spreads.

I had a demo account with fxcm and they emailed me many times to open up a full account but their spreads are too wide for me, 2.5 pips on eur/usd but very rarely below 2 pips. They like scalpers but with their spreads its pretty hard scalping. Once I told fxcm their spreads were too wide for me they left me alone. If they improve their spreads I would be interested but not at their present spreads.

I agree totally. 0.7 euro and 0.9 cable with CMC now.

I agree totally. 0.7 euro and 0.9 cable with CMC now.

This means nothing as I and others have found that CMC is manipulating the market around high volatile times and slowing your fills so you can't capitalise on fast movements, I have also experienced slippage on slower times too. So these new tight CMC spreads mean zero as infact you can be paying up to 30 pips spreads in some instances which is a deliberate underhand tactic by CMC in my opinion.

So Jason, you need to get your company to reduce their spreads down to 1 pip on the majors and not manipulate the prices and execution AT ALL and I for one will be happy to trade with you again on your sb platform as it's far superior, and can you add a bar timer too, as it's handy to know when the current bar will end and the new bar to begin, you have all the other tools already.

This means nothing as I and others have found that CMC is manipulating the market around high volatile times and slowing your fills so you can't capitalise on fast movements, I have also experienced slippage on slower times too. So these new tight CMC spreads mean zero as infact you can be paying up to 30 pips spreads in some instances which is a deliberate underhand tactic by CMC in my opinion.

So Jason, you need to get your company to reduce their spreads down to 1 pip on the majors and not manipulate the prices and execution AT ALL and I for one will be happy to trade with you again on your sb platform as it's far superior, and can you add a bar timer too, as it's handy to know when the current bar will end and the new bar to begin, you have all the other tools already.

kinellllllllllll 0.9 pips on cable. sounds too good to be true;)

kinellllllllllll 0.9 pips on cable. sounds too good to be true;)

When you actually get the 0.9 because I haven't, I normally get inbetween 1.8 and 2.4 when the market is virtually dead, so still not too bad but not as advertised. When the market speeds up, forget it, you can be paying up to 30 pips spread..

When you actually get the 0.9 because I haven't, I normally get inbetween 1.8 and 2.4 when the market is virtually dead, so still not too bad but not as advertised. When the market speeds up, forget it, you can be paying up to 30 pips spread..

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: dude I normally snipe for 7 pips so 30 pip spread wouldnt be great. I dont trade in news though at all. Infact I often listen to bloomberg TV just so I know when not to trade. I am not saying news trading doesnt work many ways to skin a cat just not my method.

The FXCM Currency Trading Expo is happening right now and we are broadcasting some of the workshops live at fxcmexpo.com.

Enjoy the live workshops!

- Jason

Truth seeker, can you explain when these instances happen,and of more Important what are the spreads in the real market,when cmc widen their spreads by 30pips

Truth seeker, can you explain when these instances happen,and of more Important what are the spreads in the real market,when cmc widen their spreads by 30pips

The real market in that instance widened to 5 pips. What CMC done was to hold the trade for 2 seconds which when they released it the market had moves 30 pips. FXCM slipped me 6 pips so I managed a profit.

I now have a new thread and I want all on here to reports their bad experiences of FXCM, slippage, held trades, unsual spikes etc.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spr...ad-spread-bet-fills-here-research-needed.html

This weekend we're holding the FXCM Currency Trading Expo in Las Vegas. Even if you weren't able to make the trip, you can still watch the expo online. We are streaming select workshops live plus Q&A with the analysts throughout the day. Here's where to find it FXCM Expo Streaming Live

-Jason

Hi Jason

I already have a Micro account with FXCM and now thinking of opening a spreadbetting account. However I'd like to know whether withdrawals incur a $15 fee and are sent from the US as in the Micro account or whether they are made in Pounds stering from the UK.

Thanks.