Spot On - AutoTrade Software

JonnyT

This is also the first time I have been moved to post.

I don't think you need to explain yourself to anyone here. I will add my thanks for your contributions and the thought provoking threads they have generated.

I would just say that its probably a good job you automate your trading - did your broker get confused with your phone orders -

"Hi, this is JonnyT, long me a couple of EUR contracts ..... or 15"
:LOL:

Regards
Rob

JT

I'd be interested, m8.

Also tied to 9-to-5, with 3 sprogs to support. No complaints, mind you.

Jonny

Greatest of respect to you and am with you completely in all you say and suggest. Being so new to Forex I appreciate the direction and help you provide.

However, whilst I agree that payment is appropiate I'm not using your broker and so would have no need to use the software. If it had a more general application I would be up for it.

As I say, respect to you!

Mal

looks like I have caused a debate on this thread by saying I don't like traders selling they sytems.as there are so many con men out there.Im not saying jonny is he a normal down to earth guy and I did apologies to him.

As some of you know I used to trade in the s&p pit in the early 90s and a friend of mine who was showing me the tricks of the trade. We used to listen to hot lines yes that rite hotlines but we did not use them in the way you think. If the hotline says that market looks strong today buy on a break on some number and look at some charts to see if the rsi or macd was Turing up you know the usual stuff that don't work. We would do the opposite as you know you need buyers in the market to sell size.

And this I always remember I said to my buddy in one day trading I am losing . The next day he watch me trading and grab me by my shirt and said CUT YOU FxxxING LOSSES and I could feel the spit on my face when he shouted at me. I was very profitable after that. And jonny if you would like any help from me or any other traders out there I will try my best.

CJ

Well 110 pips today @12.5$ per pip per contract...

All whilst you work ;o)

JonnyT

Apologies if this is off topic, but no Goober, we are still in temp. accommodation - I can't get rid of the b***** non-paying tenants ! Sometimes I hate the UK's silly laws :mad:

Goober said:
Hello Roger

Settled into the palace yet?

JonnyT said:
Well 110 pips today @12.5$ per pip per contract...

All whilst you work ;o)

JonnyT

A good long trade today oh Horned One :devilish: :D

Jonny

Your trading method is very basic and simple. But I think you could improve it. let me start the ball rolling.

1 only take a breakout trade from 7.00am to 10.00am if the range is no more than 50 or 60 pips

2 If you get a breakout and you 35 point stop gets hit, go the other way and double up and reverse a max of 2 trades a day.

3 if the range is over 60 pips beetween 7,00 and 10,00 no trade, by this you are placing demands on the market.

CJ

Hi CJ,

I'm aware of the reverse trades and have indeed tested them ;o)

They do not have a risk/return ratio as good as taking the first breakout.

Perhaps next week I'll publish some results as I'm off to see friends in London today.

JonnyT

cj12 said:
Jonny

Your trading method is very basic and simple. But I think you could improve it. let me start the ball rolling.

CJ

It's always a good idea to attempt to refine trading systems, but IME the payoff from the extra effort isn't always justified in financial terms (although in education & research, always).

A system which is producing well (today's 110pts is unusual and very good) is not too hard to live with.

The Goose and the Golden Egg and all that good stuff...?

Wisdom of the Hor - Ned One

TheBramble said:

It's always a good idea to attempt to refine trading systems, but IME the payoff from the extra effort isn't always justified in financial terms (although in education & research, always).

A system which is producing well (today's 110pts is unusual and very good) is not too hard to live with.

The Goose and the Golden Egg and all that good stuff...?

IMHO the rules equate to the imposition of a disciplined method of trading, coupled with stop loss management, which ,thus far, have worked.

Excellent work JT :devilish: ;)

Jonny

Am I right in saying you breakout method implies a breakout of any 60 min bar from 7.00am to 10.00am. Or you looking for a breakout from the time range 7.00am to 10.00.Excuse my ignorance only a few days ago I started checking the styles & strategies threads out.

CJ

Jonny

I've been trading your system for a few weeks and have made good money, so an app to automate it sounds good to me

Looks like the Eur/USD has triggered a short at 2pm at 1.1943
but is a Bank Holiday the right time to trade it.

Got kicked off a cable short...35point stoploss hit.

Hi folks,

I've backtested fully the reverse trades for this system, i.e. if you are stopped out then rotate your position and go the other way.

The short answer is it ain't profitable...

So my view is take the first breakout, if it fails then walk away.

JonnyT

Thanks Jonny - very useful info and has saved us a good deal of time (and potentially money)