Sports Trading Thread.

Backed the draw at 3.35, tray and pick up 4-5 ticks. In this heat the pace of this game has to slow down surely.

Backed the draw at 3.35, tray and pick up 4-5 ticks. In this heat the pace of this game has to slow down surely.

Scratched that trade for -£2.64. A ton of money in the market keeping the price stable. Un tradeable.

Ok so yesterday I funded my betfair account with £1,000. So now all trades are real money. HAd a good day yesterday.

Will try to get a video up soon showing some live trading.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 301
all the best ------ looking forward to video
just curious though were the losing races ( -137 and -90 ) when the fear factor was thrown out the window and you allowed races to go in running???

all the best ------ looking forward to video
just curious though were the losing races ( -137 and -90 ) when the fear factor was thrown out the window and you allowed races to go in running???

Hi, no I never let a race go in play.

The -137 was when I left my desk to get a cup of tea, came back, price had drifted 27 points! No stop loss placed! Probably the biggest move i saw all day. Lesson learned!

The -90 was on a poor quality race over 6 furlongs. Prices jumping all over the place, no clear favourite. I should have looked at it and never traded it. Took 4 losing trades in a row. Ouch. Its best not to trade low grade horse races, Novices, Selling Stakes etc etc

ok thanks
when you left your desk did you nip out to some cake shop for some cream goodies to help the tea down (lol) I am sure there will be a few members interested in your video

so them results on horses you used the support/ resistance method you explain in this thread as i have been watching some of races with geeks toy and not all of them follow that method so you have that break out

so them results on horses you used the support/ resistance method you explain in this thread as i have been watching some of races with geeks toy and not all of them follow that method so you have that break out

Of course, some horses will trade all over the place. E.g Cunco in the 2nd race today at Newbury. Todays was Cunco's first race, he is the first born and first to race as the offspring of the mighty Frankel. Frankel being one of the best flat race horses in recent years (14 runs - 14 wins).

However Cunco started acting up in the paddock before the race, jumping around like a nutter. The market took a dim view of this and his price drifted from 2.98 to 5.0. So not a horse that you'd want to trade, ( he actually went on to will the race.)
http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/report/722333/frankels-cunco-wins-on-debut

It best to look and the DOM and see where the money has gone. If a horse has a wide trading range its best left alone.

Breakouts can be traded in the pre race horse markets, as explained above. If a horse is playing up, sweating heavily, or looks not up for it, expect it to break out of its trading range. (but you need to be watching the racing channels and keep a close eye on each horses behavior before the off.

P.s How do you find geeks toys? I use Bet Angel, but i see a lot of traders prefer Geeks toys.

Last edited:
P.s How do you find geeks toys? I use Bet Angel, but i see a lot of traders prefer Geeks toys.

apps.betfair.com, from reviews i read it is meant to be faster in ladder mode and it is cheaper than bet angel, also i saw that cunco go up to 5's but was not sure why, i guess you need to watch live racing as well

i guess you need to watch live racing as well

Yea, I have the racing channel on, so you know when the race goes off ,they never go off on the official start and the last couple of minutes is where you can pick up the real move.

Last edited:
videos may be of interest

i have got his trading guide pdf which i guess is ok some basic info on horse trading and how to setup geeks toy etc but it seems you have to buy his video pack for £149 for like 70 videos on how to trade but i am hesitant to buy

i have got his trading guide pdf which i guess is ok some basic info on horse trading and how to setup geeks toy etc but it seems you have to buy his video pack for £149 for like 70 videos on how to trade but i am hesitant to buy

Wouldn't go near it mate, He probably records 500 videos and cherry picks the best 70 to sell off, making it look easy

i found this other betfair app called bfexplorer, bfexplorer it seems it has a data feed feature which it says can send betfair data to ninja trader

now this might not be useful for horse race trading as you have like a 5 minute window before the race starts to make trades but i was thinking for something like tennis in play might be useful as i have been sat watching williams v begu game and noticed they respect levels, 1.10, 1.20, 1.15

0pR1IDF.png

im pretty sure not ever tennis match is same, im still a newb to all this just something i thought it was interesting how this tennis match traded in play

https://www.youtube.com/user/MGEducational/videos

also i have been watching a lot of MGE videos who trades horses instead of paying £149 for them 70 videos, he also has videos where he has got it wrong and lost money so not all winners

Last edited:
i found this other betfair app called bfexplorer, bfexplorer it seems it has a data feed feature which it says can send betfair data to ninja trader

now this might not be useful for horse race trading as you have like a 5 minute window before the race starts to make trades but i was thinking for something like tennis in play might be useful as i have been sat watching williams v begu game and noticed they respect levels, 1.10, 1.20, 1.15

0pR1IDF.png

im pretty sure not ever tennis match is same, im still a newb to all this just something i thought it was interesting how this tennis match traded in play

https://www.youtube.com/user/MGEducational/videos

also i have been watching a lot of MGE videos who trades horses instead of paying £149 for them 70 videos, he also has videos where he has got it wrong and lost money so not all winners

Cheers! will take a look. Does ninja trader have a ladder interface?

Cheers! will take a look. Does ninja trader have a ladder interface?

from what i have read it seems it is just charting, ninja trader has a ladder but not sure if it works with that as well but the one problem it seems it is only one way ninja trader dont send data back to bfexplorer so you can not execute order via ninja trader

Last edited:
so i have manged to get it setup, bfexplorer only the pro version has the ninja trader data feed also you only get 3 day trial ninja trader you only need free download to set it up

eYrZN36.png

imo charting in ninja lot is better than candle stick ive seen in geekstoy, downside if you wanted to have charts this way you would have to use bfexplorer to do you trades as having bfexplorer plus geeks or bet angel open might exceed you betfair api usage and might get charged

as for ninja trader i put on a simple volume indi and changed candles to heikenash as it looked better than the candle stick i guess ill try it out for 3 days and check tennis out and see what other indis i can play with