Sports Trading Thread.

nb has deleted his post.hes now back on the fantasy island thread making ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££;)

By fantasy Island you mean Fomo's thread?

We have a "100th SLA journal thread", which is commentary on the many SLA journal threads. We should have a "commentary on fantasy Island thread".

We already had one it was quite a show :LOL:

nb has deleted his post.hes now back on the fantasy island thread making ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££;)

its all going pete tong over there..they have a thread all to themselves and they still get themselves banned...muppets

Hi Charlie

Amazed something like this existed, must have been living under a rock too long.

Would be good way to get practice for market depth trading.

Only thing watching a couple of the videos, it looks a little slow compared to some financial markets(index).

You get order’s pulled a lot of time and you be waiting for a fill and someone will take out all the order’s above you(frustrating)
And then you got to re think your next move. Game within a game.

The good thing I would say with learning tape reading you will look at your charts different next time.

Always thinking of that movement in the time and sales and where the next orders are on the tape, size, gaps and trader's stuck.

Hard to explain a little of intuition I guess.

And you have a big advantage from chart taught trader. IMO

Great thread good to read and well done for putting it out there.

And don’t spend the winning on a Crystal Palace EPL season ticket for next season.

Norwich need 3 teams to finish below them.:LOL:

Cheers
Oscar

Just to show the difference between the normal days racing and the big events. We got over 3 hours to go until the first race at Cheltenham today. And already 1.4 million matched on this race.

221104d1458035647-sports-trading-thread-betfair.jpg

Attachments

• betfair.jpg
    betfair.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 1,749
Going to do some in-play trading this afternoon on the Man Utd V Man City 4pm KO.

I can't call this game, so won't be trading the Match Odds (win/loss/draw) market. I do however think it will be tight game that won't yield many goals, therefore I'm going to be trading the Over/Under 2.5 goals market, with a view to backing the under 2.5 goals and laying it off a few minutes later to pick up a few ticks per trade.

The great thing about this market is you know which way its going to trade until the 1st goal gets scored. The price will come in.

Couple of things to be weary of. The delay on sky sports is about 3 seconds (more if you watch in HD), so you won't know about a goal until you see the market get suspended. For that reason, I watch the game on sky, but listen on an analog radio where the delay is much less.

Secondly, don't go wading in with you first bet. Watch the first 5-10 minutes, get a feel for the game, your view may change.

Thirdly be ready to take small losses. If a man though on goal, or there a free kick in a dodgy area then pull the trade. You don't wanna be caught in a trade when a goal goes in.!

Will be back at 4pm for KO

I know a guy who lives right next to Anfield. He sits at his computer with the window open. As soon as he hears the kop roar, he backs Liverpool. He's able to get the bet in before betfair suspends and reprices the market.!

Now thats what you call an edge!!

I know a guy who lives right next to Anfield. He sits at his computer with the window open. As soon as he hears the kop roar, he backs Liverpool. He's able to get the bet in before betfair suspends and reprices the market.!

until they analyse his betting patterns and close him down :LOL:

until they analyse his betting patterns and close him down :LOL:

LOL, i think betfair are the only one who haven't closed him down! Paddy Power closed him down after 2 weeks with an e-mail entitled "Cheeky Fooker' - I think it even made the local press!

I wonder if that could be done by people at the ground on their mobiles?
Im sure betfair will be very quick repricing.

ffsear-a number of people are joining betting sites to get the free bet offer.They are then laying that bet off and making money.You have to join a lot of sites though.I couldnt be arsed to be honest but its apparently guaranteed cash.

ffsear-a number of people are joining betting sites to get the free bet offer.They are then laying that bet off and making money.You have to join a lot of sites though.I couldnt be arsed to be honest but its apparently guaranteed cash.

Hi mate, yes, this is known as matched betting.

Explained here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matched_betting

A mate of mine does it has has made a couple of grand.
But i'm with you, I can't be arsed. You have to transfer your money around multiple bookmakers, take advantage of the offers and deals and its not really worth the time.

It also limited, once you taken up every new customer offer and deal, (in your own name and your Mrs/girlfriend) You start to run out of opportunities.

Personally I think its just a ploy to get more people opening accounts and interested in betting. Eventually these people who make money from matched betting will end up giving it all back to the bookie.

Last edited:
Team to play Man City: De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rashford

Subs: Romero, Fosu-Mensah, Valencia, Fellaini, Schweinsteiger, Januzaj, Memphis.

Team to play Man Utd: Hart, Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy, Fernandinho, Toure, Navas, Sterling, Silva, Aguero

Subs: Caballero, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Fernando, M.Garcia, Bony, Iheanacho

Half hour to KO. The market look pretty undecided on weather theres gonna be over 2.5 goals in this game. We'll wait till the last 5 mins, when the bookies starteto offload their exposure onto betfair to see if we get a bias..

Right now i'm swinging toward a city victory. I'll probably give this match 20 mins before i dip my toes in!

221388d1458487986-sports-trading-thread-betfair.jpg

Attachments

• betfair.jpg
    betfair.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 1,582
I wonder if that could be done by people at the ground on their mobiles?
Im sure betfair will be very quick repricing.

You used to see this a horse racing tracks. Guys with their laptops next to the finish line. They could lay horses at ridiculously low prices that had already fallen back into 2nd place are were clearly not going to win. But with faster internet and faster streams available, these days are pretty much over.