Splits, Commissions, Money Up

MorningJacket

What is standard for prop firms focused in US equities? I work for one but I do not see any "hard" figures anywhere on the forum. I see a lot of guesses and no one saying, "I get 75% of net, pay 4$/1000 shares and have a $10 million line with no money up" (edit: what I get is worse than these numbers).

Hi Morning Jacket.

T2W is predominantly a European forum. Most of us based in London. UK prop firms dont really trade equities, its 99% futures only. But imagine business model is similar.

The deals depend on how profitable you are, how much money you have in your account. For an experienced trader with £10-20k in your account around 70% of net earnings fairly standard payout. Fewer and fewer places are giving out 80%+ splits these days, just no money in it for the prop firms. Unless you have £50k plus in your account and you are effectively 100% self backed.

In terms of margin/commissions it probably wouldnt really mean much as you trade equities and to be honest wouldnt know what is cheap or expensive I have never traded individual shares.