• leave them open

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • couldn't care less

Votes: 40 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had to post this as Spanish's reply about Futex.............ROFLMAO

Dont really like taking the **** out of other's but he just keeps waliking into these setups............
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from TraDaToR:

I heard they are already aware of your will to join and want you as a partner/associate in fact.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from spanish89:

Really??

How you heard that mate???

I dont wnat to be a partner or an associate though...

I simply was applying down the experienced trader route, cos all i wanted to be was a normal prop trader.

I never wanted to be a paprtner though...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wee man

Right! Enough of this,spanners.
You are in serious need of counseling. Get help son.

This is just getting silly now, it IS RANDOM !

This is what you need to do, take 100 trades each and every day across a variety of timeframes and instruments for the next year, NO stop loss and NO targets. Leave em to run for 50, or a 100, or 200 bars in your chosen timeframe, then close em.

After youve collected a few hundred for each timeframe, determine the win / lose rate then come back and tell me it aint 50% (+/- an element of noise which will be a function of the square root of the number of trades in the sample)

The moment you start timing entries, or closing trades due to a stop are target is the time the probability deviates from 0.5. (The probability of course is a bit irrelevant) but in the absense of fiddling about, over a sufficient sample size the probability of an up or down move from a random entry in any selected timeframe is 50/50, and 5 minutes backtesting will confirm that... spending a couple of years actually watching price move in real time will confirm the same, albeit far more educational and useful

Exactly. It's very, very complex. So complex you think it's random. What you're forgetting is that you're just basing things on results and not what creates the numbers.

Exactly. It's very, very complex. So complex you think it's random. What you're forgetting is that you're just basing things on results and not what creates the numbers.

I dont think its random at all, its very far from random, but even if it where random, the kurtosis in the distribution probably still provides a tradable edge simply by cutting short the largest losing trades.

The issue that you cannot escape is that randomly selected trades, left to run unmanaged will result in a distribution of gains and losses centered around 0.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i know this has nothing to do with what you are talking about but i have an first round interview with futex this week, after passing the tests. Does anyone know anything about the questions or structure of the 30 mins?

thanks in advance

i posted here because this seems to be the most popular futex post

I dont think its random at all, its very far from random, but even if it where random, the kurtosis in the distribution probably still provides a tradable edge simply by cutting short the largest losing trades.

The issue that you cannot escape is that randomly selected trades, left to run unmanaged will result in a distribution of gains and losses centered around 0.

The issue is whether the markets are random or not. That is what everyone was talking about.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i know this has nothing to do with what you are talking about but i have an first round interview with futex this week, after passing the tests. Does anyone know anything about the questions or structure of the 30 mins?

thanks in advance

i posted here because this seems to be the most popular futex post

I know, there's a thread on here too.

Futex are well aware of who he is and his track record I should have thought... but I would still think he's potentially worth a punt, you'd need to see how he would cope under good risk management.

I agree with Arabian here. S89 has got the desire and balls to be a trader. With a bit of guidance and taming of his recklessness, he may turn out to be a good bet. I would imagine that it's easier to train a trader who has no fear towards the markets than, say, a trader like Cleo (from Million Dollar Traders TV show) who quakes in their boots. The former makes much quicker progress.

So spanish is going for the 'experienced traders' route with futex. How does that work? Do you still have to pay them money? Do they back you? Do you get paid? I tried looking at their site but im getting error messages loading certain pages.

It's a prop shop. You (Could) get backed then split the profits with them. You pay your desk fee's if you win or lose.

I reckon spanish in his naivety didn't realised you have to pay for the desk. He has no trading capital because of his upcoming operation he needs to pay for - how will he manage that then?

I reckon spanish in his naivety didn't realised you have to pay for the desk. He has no trading capital because of his upcoming operation he needs to pay for - how will he manage that then?

Since he doesnt have a trading history (£1 point spread betting doesnt count) and cant afford the desk fees his only hope is to go down the trainee route. I would guess his chances of getting accepted as a trainee would be very slim.

Out of interest, why doesn't £1 per point spread betting count? I thought that's how TraderDante got through the doors? I dont think Spanish wuold be a good fit for a trading firm. His ego is out of this world (part of the reason he cant take losses and runs with the 'spanish stop' lol) He cant take advice on board, and he's about as emotionally stable as a a 15 year old girl at a Justin Timberlake concert.

I see him and his little mate 'blackjack666' have parted ways, lol. Spanish didn't like seeing people make money when he was having his ar$e handed to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.