Soybeans 2008

trader_dante

Veteren member
I am starting this thread as a place to share information on trading the Soybean complex in 2008. It may or may not generate much interest.

I have and continue to trade many different markets but I am looking to concentrate on this market going forward.

Hopefully we can all share ideas or ask questions whether they be of a fundamental or technical nature.

Tom

Bravo for opening the thread on soyabeans and Would you believe did my first two trades (scalps) yesterday. I would with everyones help like to learn and hopefully make this an extra Instrument to trade tool.

Looking forard to input and sharing of ideas

rgds
Zarif

I am starting this thread as a place to share information on trading the Soybean complex in 2008. It may or may not generate much interest.

I have and continue to trade many different markets but I am looking to concentrate on this market going forward.

Hopefully we can all share ideas or ask questions whether they be of a fundamental or technical nature.

Tom

Tom:
I am brand new..Hope I am doing this right.... I am very interested in trading Soybean. I have been following Soybean thru ww.pagetrader.com. Ever heard of them??? If not, check it out and let me know your opinion. It only trades few times per week, but very accurate predictions for 10-20 cents profits...

How do I set my profiles or whatever such that when you or others psot something on Soybean thread that I get a reminder at my email ???
Jason

How do I set my profiles or whatever such that when you or others psot something on Soybean thread that I get a reminder at my email ???
Jason

Just scroll up to the top of this thread & you'll see Thread Tools

Click on there & scroll down to the link to subscribe to this thread

Just mark that. It should then send an alert every time a post appears in your thread of choice.

edit: also if you pop up to the top of each thread whilst you're surfing on here, you'll see user cp

You can have a poke around in there. It contains all your necessary templates & configurations etc to make your visits here a little more personalized.

Last edited:
I'm just starting to take interest in trading these markets also.
I'd like to follow along.

following the IB on 20th,
I had Stop orders in:
Long @ 1411 (triggered) and Short @ 1375

each is the Hard Stop for the other (ie Risk=36 points).

Target for both is 1xATR(ie Reward=32), ie 1443 Long & 1343 Short

Last edited:
(prices are EOD from Prorealtime, i've just noticed that Prophet charts are a couple of dollars off each way)

following the IB on 20th,
I had Stop orders in:
Long @ 1411 (triggered) and Short @ 1375

each is the Hard Stop for the other (ie Risk=36 points).

Target for both is 1xATR(ie Reward=32), ie 1443 Long & 1343 Short

Long Target Hit:

Attachments

• Soybean 25 feb Future.png
    Soybean 25 feb Future.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 329
Long Target Hit:

Hey Rathcoole,

Nice trade. Thanks for sharing. Just as a matter of interest why did you use 1XATR for the target? It is a roaring bull market after all ;) I would have been tempted to get a stop in at breakeven and let it go...

Hey Rathcoole,

Nice trade. Thanks for sharing. Just as a matter of interest why did you use 1XATR for the target? It is a roaring bull market after all ;) I would have been tempted to get a stop in at breakeven and let it go...

I would have done the same, but only if I coulda watched it "live". but the time difference kills me, i can do it some nights but not every night :sleep: :sleep:

Hey Rathcoole,

ok, sorry this is Silver on the Soy thread, but same deal, target 1xATR after IB
Safety stops are the Stop Buy and Stop Sell reverses
Therefore Risk is slightly greater than Reward (500:400) but I'll be disappointed if this doesn't continue north

Attachments

• Silver Future.png
    Silver Future.png
    6 KB · Views: 213
ok, sorry this is Silver on the Soy thread, but same deal, target 1xATR after IB
Safety stops are the Stop Buy and Stop Sell reverses
Therefore Risk is slightly greater than Reward (500:400) but I'll be disappointed if this doesn't continue north

but no sign of a trigger just yet:

Attachments

• silver CBOT update.png
    silver CBOT update.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 202
breakin out

and did so handsomely !
I only made my original target, 600 (still, not complaining at that, 400 silver is good enough for me any day !!)

cos of the time difference I couldn't follow the latter stages of the trading day - it would be nice to think I would have actively moved my stop to 600 instead of taking profit then, and let it run all the way up to 900.
but one should always be content with what one achieves ..... ggrrrrrr :eek:

trade for 28 feb, but am cautious about the wide range (n)

Stop Buy in at 1475
Stop Sell in at 1425
each is the hard Stop Loss for the other so Risk=50
So targets are 1525 and 1375 respectively at 1:1

Attachments

• Soybean Future 28feb.png
    Soybean Future 28feb.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 222
trade for 28 feb, but am cautious about the wide range (n)

Stop Buy in at 1475
Stop Sell in at 1425
each is the hard Stop Loss for the other so Risk=50
So targets are 1525 and 1375 respectively at 1:1

triggered, but I was worried price had reached a peak so I tightened up my Stop. Fortunately price subsequently resumed rise.

Attachments

• Soybean Future 03mar update.png
    Soybean Future 03mar update.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 207
hmmm. Soybeans and Soybean Oil have both been rising well lately, but not so Soybean Meal.
Does anyone have any idea on any Fundamental issues that are preventing meal from catching up woth Soy & Soyl ?

might be worth going Long once 376 is breached ?

Attachments

• Soybean Meal 0303.png
    Soybean Meal 0303.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 218