Sound Problems

ZigZag

Help needed to overcome my withdrawal symptoms.(How is it possible to trade without music?) I was having sound problems i.e. no sound. Not sure what I did but the sound returned but for only one day. I believe my speakers/sound cardare O.K. +all volume levels are at their maximum. THe sound im having at the moment is extremely low and intermittent plus it crackles.
Any kind soul who can help before my withdrawal symptoms turn to madness would be appreciated.

Zigzag.........check the cable that comes from your soundcard to the speakers,make sure its seated to your soundcard and then to your speakers, I know its basic, but they do come adrift, if no good you can try to see if the soundcard is seated in the slot inside you pc, turn off the pc, and touch the pc first to get rid of any static just gentle wiggle side to side and push down so its seated....good Luck

Wheezergeezer:Thanks for your reply and suggestions. It is appreciated. I have learned something new. However the good news is after burning the midnight oil I struck lucky. Solution was to delete Realplayer and bingo my sound returned using media player. The only problem is my favorite station is the BBC which uses Realplayer as its media. Trying to contact them for ideas. Once again thanks for your reply.