Someone cold calls you

A cold caller asks you to buy their Trading services / product - do you :-

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NVP

Guest Author
This is going out to all those people who keep asking T2W for advice on cold caller products and services

based on T2W history I will be dissapointed if we do not achieve >80% on choice 4 !!

hmmm
N

Last edited:
Hey - if they've made the effort to find my phone number and catch me when I'm in they must have something good to sell. I think the number of phonecalls is in direct proportion to the profit I'll make on the investment because they know how important it is for me not to miss out on the profit.

You're all suckers believing it's a scam. The posters on here advising you not to invest are doing it so they can purchase more of the product themselves.

You missed out on an option

Say maybee and post a thread on T2w asking for information on vendor, then ignore what everybody tells you and buy it anyhow.

Hey - if they've made the effort to find my phone number and catch me when I'm in they must have something good to sell. I think the number of phonecalls is in direct proportion to the profit I'll make on the investment because they know how important it is for me not to miss out on the profit.

You're all suckers believing it's a scam. The posters on here advising you not to invest are doing it so they can purchase more of the product themselves.

Yeah I think you have a good point here hoggums! - they must have something good to sell or why would they bother calling so many times - by the way whats your phone number? .. i have some great magic beans that may be of interest to you!

Last cold caller to me was asked if they would mind waiting while their "victim" was summoned. In the meantime I put the handset next to the TV broadcast of Bob Diamond's farcical interrogation with the MPs committee. Surprisingly, they hung on for 10 minutes. Must have found it interesting.:sleep:

When I get (financial) cold called and depending on my mood I listen to what they have to say and then gradually I turn the conversation around and explain to them that instead of trying to peddle their crap they would do much much better by opening themselves a leveraged trading account and they would make fortunes.

I know of at least 3 that did this...they even called back to tell me. :devilish:

So, there is justice in the world after all !

I tell them it has to be greater than 300% per trade or am not interested, if they say it is I ask them if its using the price behaviour methodology and unless its mcbooby himself then its a "c ya later".

I just tell them to wait a second while I get a pen and paper. Then I put the phone down and go about my business. The call timer tells me how long they waited before they hung up! I rarely get a 2nd call back.

Peter

I don't tell them anything. They tell me who they are---quick. It's got to be family or friends, ! recognise the tone of their voices, normally. Otherwise, they get cut off. Why waste their time? They are very busy eople.

I love cold callers these days.
They brighten up my day no end.
I must be in some sucker list, or because I own shares, or the fact I have trading accounts, or because I subscribe to finance journals, but I've been:

1: offered development land in Brazil. Lovely lady called Imogen. I did ask for just a narrow strip of rainforest in brazil. :)
2: offered at least 3 types of carbon credits.
3: pink diamonds
4: oak, or was it teak, or mahogany. anyway, it was buying young trees in the hope the timber price would hold.
5: rice fields in Somalia!!
6: any manner of stock tips, of them having special insight that the lowly priced company was about to be taken over. sshhhhhh, dont tell anyone, just keep it between me and you, and dont tell any randoms, especially not over the phone!
7: Facebook! ha-ha. the price was going to "shoot" up to 135 a share on the first few days of trading, as the IPO was underpriced.

any good cold calls?
any epic plays?

A long time ago, someone came to my dad's office offering shares in kingston communications for 1p a share, my dad and everyone else presumed the bloke was selling fools gold so declined, thats probably the only decent cold caller they've had.

A long time ago, someone came to my dad's office offering shares in kingston communications for 1p a share, my dad and everyone else presumed the bloke was selling fools gold so declined, thats probably the only decent cold caller they've had.

Decent how?

I had someone calling me up telling offering me shares in ABB - a multu-billion dollar organisation.

It was still as scam.