Which software should I go for?

clylbw

454 4
I know the question has been asked before, but I am still unsure which software I should go for, even after reading quite a few posts here.

Basically speaking, I would like EOD data on stocks for the time being, although I am likely to get into real-time ones later. However, I need EOD data on UK, USA, west and middle Europe and Asia. Under such circumstances, which software should I go for? Or should I look into brokers for such services?

Sorry if the question is really silly. Thanks indeed.

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 4
Hi clylbw

Not silly at all - the range of software out there, makes the whole area a mind field :(

Personally I would be looking to go for www.SierraChart.com as the charting package and www.Mytrack.com as the datafeed. The advantage of doing that is that you can "bolt-on" or take-off any of the subscriptions you wanted. Here is a rough breakdown of what you would need to pay per month.

<table border="1"><tr><td>SierraChart</td><td>$30 for 6 months</td></tr><tr><td>Mytrack Real-time Feed (Silver)</td><td>$20</td></tr><tr><td>Fee to Mytrack for use of Sierrachart</td><td>$25</td></tr><tr><td>US EOD and Real-time Stocks</td><td>Free</td></tr><tr><td>UK Shares</td><td>About £6</td></tr><tr><td>Rest of Europe and Asia</td><td>Not sure</td></tr><tr><td>Total</td><td>£40+ a month</td></tr></table>

This I believe is the best combination for you, especially as your looking to trade many different markets.

HTH :)

Helenqu

Established member
841 3
I think the delayed feed would probably be fine and that's only $5 or so a month but I think they actually throw that in free with the Sierra sub so it's even better value.

olwenh

112 0
I'm pretty sure that Mytrack don't do asia.

If anyone has any ideas re Sierra & Asia, I'd be interested to know.

o

JonnyT

2,560 22
MyTrack feed has just increased in price by 17.5%

Thanks to the European Union imposing VAT

The sooner we ditch Europe the better.

JonnyT

clylbw

454 4
Thank you so much for all your advice.

Currently I have a promotion package from ShareScope. It features the following:

Membership: £79.95
EOD Monthly: £11.95
Real Time Monthly: £84.95
No minimum contract.

What really catches my eyes is that this programme has been awarded several rewards from e.g. Investors Chronicles and Share Magazine. It also seems very popular among people I know.

So what do you think about ShareScope compared with Sierra?

BTW, do I still need datafeed with ShareScope? (Sorry for such ignorance.)

Thanks a lot really.

JonnyT

2,560 22
I use Sharescope for UK stocks and AMIBroker for US (There are apparently dodgy cracks for this on the Internet)

ShareScope has its own data, AMIBroker uses free sources such as Yahoo or MSN for download. AMIBroker can also be linked up to eSignal or MyTrack live feeds

JonnyT

Helenqu

Established member
841 3
I have both Sierra and Sharescope. Like both a lot. If it's only EOD UK you need then look no further than that.

Chuck_T

193 0
eSignal MarketCenter

There is now a new low cost choice for US and European data ... MarketCenter!

Real Time Streaming Quote Window: ~ £3
Real Time Streaming Charts: ~ £6

Plus exchanges fees.

Find out more here: http://www.marketcenter.com

Chuck

RogerM

Established member
752 6
For EOD Sharescope is best value for the UK. IMHO, best for the US is TC2000 @ $29.95 per month including data. Lots of screening tools included.

For r/t Sierra charts is best value as recommended by others above.

JonnyT

2,560 22
The problem is that IB do not always send the FTSE data correctly so you have to have intelligent options in your code. It's not difficult to do ;)

However most products are aimed at the US Market hence the problem.

JonnyT

jonnyy40

Experienced member
1,329 11
This query was answered by the following and on the other board.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock