Software/service to search for similar stock charts - does it exist?

billme

I am searching for a software / online tool / service that will do the following:

1. Consider you have stock XYZ, and you want to find the closest match to this stock, in terms of visual appearance of its chart for the latest X number of days.

2. Stock XYZ will then be visually compared to all other stocks from the same stock exchange - or even on any exchange.

3. The search algorithm identifies the stocks with the closest match to the XYZ stock.

Maybe I am not explaining this very good, so just to clarify:

Example:

You have a 60-day chart for a the XYZ stock, and you want to find other patterns that are most identical to this pattern. Let's say the best match found was the stock ABC a few years back, and imagine putting the XYZ chart on top of the ABC chart - and they would be almost identical.

The idea;

By looking at the ABC chart one could predict the future of the XYZ chart.

So far, this idea sounds stupid. But just imagine you did not just find one stock with a similar pattern to XYZ, but many similar stocks. It would be even better if the software could do more advanced searches that also looked for the closest correlation on many levels beyond just the chart pattern. Imagine finding the most similar chart pattern where there were also similarities to the sector chart, market chart and even insider trades and fundamentals like P/E and other stuff.

Question is:

Is there any service or software that will perform searches like this?

I am searching for a software / online tool / service that will do the following:

1. Consider you have stock XYZ, and you want to find the closest match to this stock, in terms of visual appearance of its chart for the latest X number of days.

2. Stock XYZ will then be visually compared to all other stocks from the same stock exchange - or even on any exchange.

3. The search algorithm identifies the stocks with the closest match to the XYZ stock.

Maybe I am not explaining this very good, so just to clarify:

Example:

You have a 60-day chart for a the XYZ stock, and you want to find other patterns that are most identical to this pattern. Let's say the best match found was the stock ABC a few years back, and imagine putting the XYZ chart on top of the ABC chart - and they would be almost identical.

The idea;

By looking at the ABC chart one could predict the future of the XYZ chart.

So far, this idea sounds stupid. But just imagine you did not just find one stock with a similar pattern to XYZ, but many similar stocks. It would be even better if the software could do more advanced searches that also looked for the closest correlation on many levels beyond just the chart pattern. Imagine finding the most similar chart pattern where there were also similarities to the sector chart, market chart and even insider trades and fundamentals like P/E and other stuff.

Question is:

Is there any service or software that will perform searches like this?

try timingsolution

Never heard of timingsolution before, seems like it's an astrology service for the stock market..

I am not searching for a crystal ball service. The software/service I am searching for will simply take any chart, i.e. the candlestick chart from the Google stock for the last 70 days, and then search for the closest visual candlestick match for this chart (from the past x number of years from an array of defined stock exchanges).

I'm not suggesting that this will have any real application value for traders, but it's the curiosity..

Let's say you found 10 candlestick charts from other US stocks which was extremely similar to the 70-day Google chart, and it turned out 9 of 10 of these charts had a similar OHLC bar at day 71.. that would be cool to say the least.

Or say these 10 candlestick charts we've found through our search algorithm did not have any significant similarities from day 70 to day 100... that would also be an interesting find.

I just found stockflix which is a simpler version of what I was searching for. Would like to see a more advanced and powerful version of this service, and with the possibility to search for correlations in fundamentals as well.