Software Options

Porks

Hi,

I'm keen to get stuck in testing grey1's ideas for myself.

I see tradestation mentioned in many posts...seems to be the software of choice.

My question is are there any alternatives that can run grey1's setups, including the exhaustion engine ? And if so, have any of you guys coded this stuff in ?

Also Tradestation/TS2000i pricing is vague, what are the actual costs ?

Thanks in advance,

Porks

You could probably code these ideas into any charting package with a programming language and a 'spreadsheet' like presentation format.

2000i costs, in addition to the software itself, are just the cost of a good data feed.

You may be better looking at TS 8 which is free for both platform & data (and much better than 2000i which is essentially obsolete and incredibly resource hungry) if you trade with TS brokerage in sufficient volume.

Thanks levII,

I can see how the vwap engine could be coded using software other than tradestation, but stuggling with the exhaustion engine, any ideas ?

Cheers,

Porks

Hello

I currently have Esignal for my charts and IB for my execution trading.
Will I be able to use the VWAP and EE concepts using the above two components or do I need anything else ?

Thanks in advance.

jitasb said:
Hello

I currently have Esignal for my charts and IB for my execution trading.
Will I be able to use the VWAP and EE concepts using the above two components or do I need anything else ?

Thanks in advance.

I don't use e-signal at all but many here use e-signal data and still use tradestation for the number crunching - particularly the radar screen facility. The software that Grey1 has made available is in tradestation's easylanguage but much of it may be reproduceable in e-signal.

Gareth