Any Traders on here interested.............

jayjay121

Established member
Hi having read most of grey1's threads and posts now, im very interested in developing two and possibly more models carrying all grey1's parameters within the models.

Im not talking about the vwap, mpd bands, macci or cci as i already have them. Im talking about setting up a engine like greys own vwap model to my own specification and hopefully so long as i can apply strict trading rules and discipline to the models i may have half a chance of being as good as grey one day. The models will obviously need refining and playing about with once developed to get them to alert me the right oppotunities.

Anyway i have no programming experience so will need to pay a programmer to do it for me to the exact critria i require including all money management, vwap and mpd values etc all included within the model, all i want at the end of it is to have a model that alerts me when there are trading oppotunities saving me having to monitor thousands of stocks which just is not gonna be viable without such a model.

Anyway can anyone reccommend to me a tradestation programmer who charges less than $160 an hour as this is what ive been quoted so far. And also if there is anyone out there who would like to split the cost with me to recieve a copy of the finished models, if so pm me. Im willing to front all the intial costs and will meet up in person with anyone who is then willing to see the model working before they pay me or what ever im not fussed.

So can anyone reccommend a good programmer?, and also i currently use tradestation 8.1 and pay monthly, would the model be best served on tradestation 8.1 or would i be better off getting tradestation 2001k like grey1.

hope to hear peoples views on tt even if you feel im wasting my time, what do you think good idea or bad?

jason

i forgot to add just incase anyone is in doubt, that one engine will be based on strategy 3 using 1, 3 and 5 min charts, and the other on the pair trading method using vwap and mpd bands.

The idea is that both finished models will save on monitoring thousands of stocks and carry all money management and critria for are trades within them, so saving on valuable trading time.

I know most people on here are having more success with the strategy 3, but i think having two models and diversify abit may help my trading anyway.

jason

Jason,

What exactly are you trying to program ? Most of the strategies have already been coded and the vwap engine that Iraj uses has elements that he has not disclosed so you would only have a partial model.

Paul

Im gonna program a engine like ive said above, this can be done as ive already ask a programmer. Basically it will monitor stocks for me and alert when my critria is met. Its gonna cost alot of money to do i know but as grey1 will rightly not disclose all his good work, surely this could be the next best thing. Its a automated way of trading and grey makes good money from it with proof from his postings, he is the only trader i know of who does this so i believe in his systems, why wouldn't i want to trade the same way, at the end of the day i want to be successful and he is.

Grey had to start somewhere with his engine and i too could develope it over time. I know alot of people struggle with the pair trading method but that to me looks like it could be down to the reaction time involved, with such a model this would cut down the reaction time. Im actually surprised no-one of here has programmed there own engine already as if you read greys postings his does disclosed enough information about how he trades to actually design a engine around this. And im not talking about the coded strategies that are already out there, im talking about an engine that basically trades for you.

jason

Jason,

I think you may have misunderstood the point I was making. What I was saying is that most of the above is already available because I programmed it last year.

But without full knowledge of the vwap engine used by Iraj then you would be paying for programming that wouldn't give you what is needed. What you will need as a start is Radarscreen as most of the ways in which the alerts work is on RS.

I have attached a screenshot of how I had my set up that includes multi - timeframe, cycle analysis, vwap and Macci alert criteria.

Good luck

Paul

Attachments

• DT.gif
    DT.gif
    255.1 KB · Views: 98
thanks for the screenshot paul.

I see that is your model for strategy 3 and this is the kind of thing i want to program with the alerts. This infact is exactly the thing im after. I also want to develope a vwap model too as i do believe there are enough posts from grey on the matter to start something similar to your strategy 3 model but for the pair trading method. Getting rs is no problem i think i can add this to my subscription or i might even be getting 2001k yet as it would probably work better with the historical data.

When you say you programmed this yourself thats great but i don't have that ability as easy as it may be to simplify like you have so will need a programmer unless your saying your programmed model is already out there.

thanks for your help

Jason,

I think you may have misunderstood the point I was making. What I was saying is that most of the above is already available because I programmed it last year.

But without full knowledge of the vwap engine used by Iraj then you would be paying for programming that wouldn't give you what is needed. What you will need as a start is Radarscreen as most of the ways in which the alerts work is on RS.

I have attached a screenshot of how I had my set up that includes multi - timeframe, cycle analysis, vwap and Macci alert criteria.

Good luck

Paul

Hi paul would you mind telling us what computer your running your RS on? I need to get a new one so I can get TS my current computer cannot handle much more software. I am now running a p4 2.66ghz with one gb of ram

Was think about but a dell amd athelon sp? dual core 4000 with 1 gb ram? would this be able to handle running over 100 smybols in RS and TS. dont want to over spend for now Need value and no gaming.

thanks

100 symbols is too many in my view and I knocked mine down to only around 20. You will need a lot more Ram than 1GB. The set up I had for the above was a 3.4GHz dual core pentium with 4GB of Ram. It ran very well and was always up to date with the data calculations. I know others who had a lot more symbols would get calculation delays because there are just so many going on and the more symbols you have the worse it gets.

Paul

100 symbols is too many in my view and I knocked mine down to only around 20. You will need a lot more Ram than 1GB. The set up I had for the above was a 3.4GHz dual core pentium with 4GB of Ram. It ran very well and was always up to date with the data calculations. I know others who had a lot more symbols would get calculation delays because there are just so many going on and the more symbols you have the worse it gets.

Paul

thank you for you advise I guess i have to shell out more for ram> I appreciate your help!

I am not sure how you would run them because you will need 3 datafeeds going in and I am sure that would require 3 subscriptions. I used to attempt to monitor over 100 stocks at a time but it was just too many and not necessary in my view. If you check with Iraj he also doesn't monitor more than I do.

It really depends on what you want to monitor on the 100 stocks. If you read more of the work done by Iraj he will normally select around 10 stocks maximum for monitoring the next day.

Paul

im meeting the programmer next week from technical central he is going to skype me and get all my requirements, he charges $160 which grey thinks is alot. Does anyone know of any body they will do it for cheaper than this??

jason

he charges $160 which grey thinks is alot. Does anyone know of any body they will do it for cheaper than this??

Have you asked Grey1 who he uses ?

You could try William Brower and see what he would charge, here is his email
[email protected]

Paul

Last edited:
paul ive emailed bill browser, see what he comes back with.

How many hours did it take for you to program your rs strategy 3 engine, if you don't mind me asking just so i know how much roughly i should be looking at.

thanks jason.

Jason,

I honestly cannot remember because it was done by combining a number of modules that I had also previously been working on. I never time myself on these things as once I am interested in doing something I put whatever time in I need without counting it.

Maybe I should start monitoring how much time I spend on things :)

Paul

Jason

I just posted an ELA code for Tradestation on Technical Trader board so you can identify strong and weak stocks ,,, The code is easy to use and a must have ,,

Grey1