Social TRD - Any good?

Colleenb

Hi All Traders,

I've had a call from a company Social TRD. Anyone used this company for trading? Are they any good?
Only 2 reviews found!
Thanks in advance.

Colleen

Not really relevant but an instance of inept cold calling:

Over the last couple of weeks I have been called roughly half a dozen times by some brokerage outfit wanting to sell me something or other. If I sound vague it's because the caller was obviously in a call-centre somewhere far, far away from London (at a guess, I'd say India) and the sound quality of the calls was atrocious.

I was only able to ascertain that it was a broker after the third call and each call thereafter was mostly noise and unintelligible, with just a few words coming through clearly enough for me to understand. The caller, who presumably was working to some target of calls per shift, began to sound rather frustrated as either the call dropped by itself or I hung up because there was no point in continuing.

On the second to last call, I could just hear him say "I beg you to give me a last chance" so I did try really hard to hear until whatever he was saying was drowned out by noise. Despite me repeating several times that he should email me as I couldn't hear him, I could still hear over the noise that he was soldiering on, so, once again, I hung up. A few seconds later the phone rang and thinking that perhaps it might be the same guy and the signal would perhaps be better, I answered. Crystal clear and as if he was sitting right next to me, he said "Fuck you!" and ended the call.

At least he was finally able to deliver his message.:p

Oh dear, yes they have been trying to call constantly. I've blocked the numbers now but I'm sure they will use another number soon. They are very push and wont give up and don't seem to take 'NO' for an answer.
Thank you all for your advise as it's been very helpful. :)

Well, maybe it is some start-up company that does not yet have complete reviews or recommendations. So maybe it makes sense, but you definitely need to check the regulations to make sure everything is okay, because on the one hand it can certainly be a normal honest company, and on the other hand it can be another fraudulent scheme. So even if there are super profitable conditions - check everything well so that you can be sure that you will work under loyal conditions and you will not have to worry about the safety of your money. Today it's really hard to make a choice, it's true, but you don't want to make a mistake and then face the consequences of stupid decisions.

What's your opinion Vikhazan? Would you do business with this firm?

What's your opinion Vikhazan? Would you do business with this firm?

Did Vikazahn pass the Turing Test?:D

1603929615567.png

Oh dear, yes they have been trying to call constantly. I've blocked the numbers now but I'm sure they will use another number soon. They are very push and wont give up and don't seem to take 'NO' for an answer.
Thank you all for your advise as it's been very helpful. :)
As an afterthought: in the light of cold calling from o/seas and/or robot calls and my own bitter experience.... when filling in any online request for details from a potential information source etc, I now use a dummy phone number alongside a secondary email address which I find keeps the cold calling down to a dull roar. Some years ago, when I hadn't been bitten enough, I used my genuine phone number and quickly ran out of space on my blocked call list.

As an afterthought: in the light of cold calling from o/seas and/or robot calls and my own bitter experience.... when filling in any online request for details from a potential information source etc, I now use a dummy phone number alongside a secondary email address which I find keeps the cold calling down to a dull roar. Some years ago, when I hadn't been bitten enough, I used my genuine phone number and quickly ran out of space on my blocked call list.
I do the same, I got a free SIM from ASDA, use that number, keep it for junk, and filtering new contacts. And of course setting up a dummy email address is so easy these days. Never, ever give personal details until the genuine contacts of interest have been identified.

So many of these around at the moment, its like script kiddies of the naughties. There's a few lines of free code available to anyone and they think they are inventing the next AI interface.
Mind you with text to speech added it would do away with Indian call centres.
A bit off-topic but we could always start a thread destined for AI assisted posts and end up with a situation where both thread questions and answers are AI generated. It might be amusing to see an AI troll, trolled:p