so - when do we buy Tesco ?

a closer look
it might have found a base at 192 area

5xloxl.gif

you need to see 200 as a support ...imho

I'm hoping to see a 170-160 downside price target and will buy physical shares. Maybe also spreadbetting if momentum picks up. I'm hoping it will get to 170, but I don't think FTSE has much to fall right now, so I'm not short anymore.

For reference Tesco's beta suggests it is roughly in line with the market, but not as sensitive as the market. Depending on time frame you're looking at figures between 0.75 and 0.95

I'm hoping to see a 170-160 downside price target and will buy physical shares. Maybe also spreadbetting if momentum picks up. I'm hoping it will get to 170, but I don't think FTSE has much to fall right now, so I'm not short anymore.

For reference Tesco's beta suggests it is roughly in line with the market, but not as sensitive as the market. Depending on time frame you're looking at figures between 0.75 and 0.95

you had better not tell Mike Ashley that you want 170p.......lol
Tesco will soon be called Sports Direct Grocery.....

Bit of cologne under the armpits before I head back out for the evening. The boys in the office have fixed me up with a hostess. No, really, none of that, just an ambassador for NY. She's sweet, really cute and I haven't the heart to tell her I know the city like the back of me hand. It's also rather a shrewd move cos if they'd left me to me own devices, lord knows what or who I'd be gettin up ta.

was in NY back in july ........give the city my love ...........fantastic place

was in NY back in july ........give the city my love ...........fantastic place

It is and I did. And they said "Who?". Then they remembered. The crazy English guy with the chicken up his ass.

FCA piling in and stock price STILL stays in 180's ............saga continues ...........

they have plenty of work to do but they majority share in uk and will not give it up easy ..........price not breaching 170's so lets see how fast the rubbish gets found .........they will open up the books to the FRC and get a free audit..............the current auditors will be packing their bags anyway

N

Nice to know I am not the only person that does this.......

Me to, slightly off topic, but same mentality, I went into my local Wetherspoons the other day at 7am for a breakfast before starting work, as its only 2 mins from my office.

The pub was empty, I choose my seat, ordered my large English and sat patiently waiting, when a couple came in, all that space, all those seats and they chose the table next to mine. :mad::mad::mad: :cheesy:

Me to, slightly off topic, but same mentality, I went into my local Wetherspoons the other day at 7am for a breakfast before starting work, as its only 2 mins from my office.

The pub was empty, I choose my seat, ordered my large English and sat patiently waiting, when a couple came in, all that space, all those seats and they chose the table next to mine. :mad::mad::mad: :cheesy:

Have you considered tattoo's or pimping up your cars :idea:

Tesco are down but they are not out ............i'm a forex man but buying opportunities come along rarely as good as this ;)

watch the PR and finance brigade throw all the remaining rubbish out now in this farce.............may as well have a clearance whilst the mood is low..................it cant get worse

SP is heading for 2003/2003 territory so wait for momentum to move up again and fill your boots

N

When the chart sets up for your usual trading system.

I was once told many years ago that once a generic company hits 30% of market share, it has nowhere else to go, it has expanded as much as it can and can only shrink.

On a personal note, if I went to Lidl, they would have one type of toothbrush for sale and I could easliy buy it.
But at Tesco there would goodness knows how many types and offers, I would need a calculator to work out the best deal and a copy of Which magazine and Dentist Weekly to choose the brush.

Now that must be a great cost to Tesco to stock such a range.

On a personal note, if I went to Lidl, they would have one type of toothbrush for sale and I could easliy buy it.
But at Tesco there would goodness knows how many types and offers, I would need a calculator to work out the best deal and a copy of Which magazine and Dentist Weekly to choose the brush.

I can empathise with that. In one large store I once counted the different types of cheddar cheese and bleach (pensioners' favourites!) – I stopped counting at 30. Shopping at Lidl is so simple in comparison. Where I live, we have Tesco, Sainsburys, Waitrose, Aldi, Lidl all co-located so it's easy to compare. I now realise I was being ripped off for years by Sainsburys. Even so, her Ladyship likes shopping in Waitrose because "it's nice".

I suspect that the business model of the large supermarkets is now outdated – I gather it costs about £10 per customer for online ordered deliveries yet how many customers actually pay that much – very few if they are/ were like me. Businesses that don't move with the times and change their business model accordingly will eventually fail. The Waterstone bookseller chain could well be another candidate.

I can empathise with that. In one large store I once counted the different types of cheddar cheese and bleach (pensioners' favourites!) – I stopped counting at 30. Shopping at Lidl is so simple in comparison. Where I live, we have Tesco, Sainsburys, Waitrose, Aldi, Lidl all co-located so it's easy to compare. I now realise I was being ripped off for years by Sainsburys. Even so, her Ladyship likes shopping in Waitrose because "it's nice".

I suspect that the business model of the large supermarkets is now outdated – I gather it costs about £10 per customer for online ordered deliveries yet how many customers actually pay that much – very few if they are/ were like me. Businesses that don't move with the times and change their business model accordingly will eventually fail. The Waterstone bookseller chain could well be another candidate.

after leaving my last company I then spent a week in the usa in july..........last couple of weeks I was chilling in Florida and renting in a suburban area......my trips to Publix were amazing.............

whole aisles devoted to single product types ..............Christ no wonder the supermarkets need warehouses :cool:

N

Tesco are behind the curve on strategy now............they are market leader but boy the competition are eating up the gap now.....

not sure what I would do as new leader........I would revisit and bolster their strengths (especially maximising value from that envied customer database and mining system) ..and minimise the weaknesses...........(refurbish dated uk sites , expand online presence , open more convenience stores and partnerships, withdraw from abroad and stop opening new hypermarkets)

price war is poison ............but looks like Morrison has already gone to price matching the cheapseats

N

I was once told many years ago that once a generic company hits 30% of market share, it has nowhere else to go, it has expanded as much as it can and can only shrink.

That's actually part of their revenues stream since they charge suppliers a fee depending on shelf positioning. You want your toothpaste at eye level right in front of the customer, and not down where they to crawl on hands and knees? You'll be cutting Tesco a fat cheque for that (in fact it's accounting for these convoluted schemes that seems at least in part to have caused the £250m to go missing down the back of the CFO's sofa).

There's a strong likelihood that there is a dividend cut and £3bn rights issue coming. 150p is in sight..., sorry Pat.