So what's the story with Captain Currency?

DionysusToast

Legendary member
As a fellow "evil vendor", can I ask of the Captain Currency approach is acceptable here?

I just ask 'cause I thought there had been a recent clampdown on us 'orrible vendors and if Captain Currency sets the bar, then I think I might have to up my game a bit.

Forum%2023rd%20May%202013.png

Good lord...

. . . I just ask 'cause I thought there had been a recent clampdown on us 'orrible vendors and if Captain Currency sets the bar, then I think I might have to up my game a bit.
Hi DT,
Is it the visual nature of CC's posts or the written content that you're questioning? If it's the former, I wouldn't have thought that 'toon style graphics would be particularly suitable for your market!
:p
Tim.

If I recall correctly Captain Currency started off 'sharing' his 'free' system and when he had a few people hooked he told them they had to pay for the last piece of the jigsaw, or perhaps it was the third duck.

toastie

yes, although there are no links it has to be regarded as advertising and I have asked that it stops. Very popular thread, though.

the safest strategy in the gold rush was to sell picks and shovels.

If I recall correctly Captain Currency started off 'sharing' his 'free' system and when he had a few people hooked he told them they had to pay for the last piece of the jigsaw, or perhaps it was the third duck.

May I disagree? Total blunder and nonsense!!! Having followed his thread(s) from the very start the ducks was always free and explained without any need of further information or additional offers.
When I asked him for his ebook, I received it -unconditionally. A bit later he sent me to my given email adress an offer -- for a totally different product, not a third duck or superturboduck. But just once - maybe twice in all the years.

I didn`t take that offer, still receive the free advice. Living abroad I never met him, never spoke to him but recomend his free system, and his advice.

If the mods follow the examples at FF (Philip Nel or Steve Hopwood) it might be good news for the commercial members but a great disservice for newbies.

Regards

I disagree - all "ducks" are discussed and the free content is adequate to make a profit for the patient trader. Overall, compared to many posts on T2W, the Captain Currency thread is of use to a struggling trader.

damn - I better tell my graphics designer to hold off - I had big things planned too...

good business model IMO

good business model IMO

I wonder what the best business model is for someone who wants to get into 'vendoring'. Paid Chatroom? Sell a system on a website? Private subscription based trading forum? Trading courses/'coaching'? Sell E-book trading systems on amazon like 'MrSpreadbetting' used to do?

Lets talk turkey.

have you thought of becoming a superhero trader/ vendor yourself?

as a 3 ducks trader, i wear this when trading

.......you probably think i'm kidding, but it helps

edit: the shell makes sitting difficult, at present i am testing a bean-bag

if Captain Currency sets the bar, then I think I might have to up my game a bit.

Attachments

• 2013-05-24_1215.png
    2013-05-24_1215.png
    181 KB · Views: 347
I wonder what the best business model is for someone who wants to get into 'vendoring'. Paid Chatroom? Sell a system on a website? Private subscription based trading forum? Trading courses/'coaching'? Sell E-book trading systems on amazon like 'MrSpreadbetting' used to do?

Lets talk turkey.

Hard to say.

One of the most popular trainers out there and one of the most oft recurring speaker on hosted training webinars managed the account of someone I know. He took a 100 point loser on the ES (only 3 contracts but still). His trade technique was somewhat Spanish to say the least.

So - I think it depends on whether you have something of value or not. It seems to be that you can teach trading without being able to trade and the more outrageous the claims you make, the more people it attracts and long term reputation doesn't seem to come into it. That is presuming that these people are still around long term because they are making a living at it.

Now - I'm not the only one that knows about this massive loser - I mentioned this story to a broker and he came back with the guys name (the guy whose money was lost).Yet this trainer is still running his 'institute' with no ill effects.

Presuming these people are making good money, then training has to be tops. Mostly because it appears you do not have to offer anything of value much to the annoyance of those that do.

I dont see the problem with CC. He offered a free ebook and shown some example's which people looked at and realised that it was a system that used with some basic principles of their own they could make a strategy and with good money management could actually make a system workable. There was then at a later date an offer to have a private one on one session for i think EUR198 where CC shows you how you can make set and forget trades so you don't have to be around the PC all day.

Ged

toileting isnt easy either, i have to take the whole damn suit off, except for the mask
I,ve got a zip sown on mine.
Nonetheless, I find it difficult to get up if I fall on my back:LOL:
( I know, I know - I shouldn't drink whilst wearing my suit)

I dont think there is a story with CC
Can't help but feel its a tabloid approach, where the innuendo and insinuation is more important than the facts.
Its a non-story.

Lets talk turkey.

If you dont have a valid trading idea, the best vendoring approach is to build up a massive head of steam with advertising, and mass market approach. Hindsight curve-fitted. Take the money and run. Preferably with glowing testimonials from your cat and budgie, and a slick design for the website, complete with pics of supercars outside sun-drenched villas, and bikini-clad lovelies.
Also have a macho, military name for your product, including such words as "sniper", "cobra", "venom", or named after fighter planes, such as "Tornado", etc.
(techno-geek males are likely to be your target market)

If you do have a valid method, then there is no harm in longer-term forum-style offerings. If you genuinely believe in your system, and trade it, offering signals is acceptable, I think.

EDIT: offering signals for payment, is acceptable.

Last edited: