Sniper Forex System

Hello All,

I have attached a Sniper Trade setup pic the way I trade. May not suite everybody. But it makes money. Enjoy. BTW, very accurate. As everyone here knows, if you can filter 2-3 trades per month it would make a significant difference.

I have followed Sniper since 2007. I have also searched for the Holy Grail and tried every system. Nothing compares to this. I thing most are blinded by the potential that there is out there. Some here said that 20pips is not enough! Well, do the math first, and then add the consistency factor. Has in my opinion much more validity than a system that will get you 30-50pips a day with more risk associated and perhaps less consistency. The next best thing is Sniper. You can switch between M15 and H4 as much as you want. But you will always have either too much whipsaw or large draw downs. So I stick with H1. Is it ideal, hmm. What is.
I for one also doubted Gary's results at one point. He actually sent me his trading statement. It did match up. I was surprised.

Line is MTF_SHMA4H, Dot is MACD Dot based on 5/35.
Sniper 40

Credit to SXMTrader for 5/35 MACD.

Regards,
Kris

Attachments

• sniper setups.gif
    sniper setups.gif
    52.7 KB · Views: 533
Hello kris72G,
I agree with what you say about Sniper. I've tried quite a few systems – Sniper is head and shoulders above the rest. Also, 20pts a day is fine by me. I'm not so sure about the official results though. I'm not gaining those sort of results – my average 20pts to the (approx.) 33 pts per day on the site. I don't see it as a major point though. As I say – I regard Sniper highly.

Thanks for putting together the chart. It's always good to see ideas that can help us gain more from Sniper, especially anything that can filter out losing trades. I would be interested too see how your results compare with those that some of us here are getting. On the one hand I can see some losing trades getting filtered out, but it would be good to get an idea as to how much is lost through late entries. I reckon that on this system, this morning's long would have been entered on the opening of the 9.00 (GMT) bar (MT 10.00) at about 6630. I didn't notice, but I assume the previous short would have been closed later. Is there anyone out there volunteering to put together a comparison spreadsheet?

All we need now is for someone to come up with something similar to the GBPJPY 1HR!

Hello All,

I have attached a Sniper Trade setup pic the way I trade. May not suite everybody. But it makes money. Enjoy. BTW, very accurate. As everyone here knows, if you can filter 2-3 trades per month it would make a significant difference.

I have followed Sniper since 2007. I have also searched for the Holy Grail and tried every system. Nothing compares to this. I thing most are blinded by the potential that there is out there. Some here said that 20pips is not enough! Well, do the math first, and then add the consistency factor. Has in my opinion much more validity than a system that will get you 30-50pips a day with more risk associated and perhaps less consistency. The next best thing is Sniper. You can switch between M15 and H4 as much as you want. But you will always have either too much whipsaw or large draw downs. So I stick with H1. Is it ideal, hmm. What is.
I for one also doubted Gary's results at one point. He actually sent me his trading statement. It did match up. I was surprised.

Line is MTF_SHMA4H, Dot is MACD Dot based on 5/35.
Sniper 40

Credit to SXMTrader for 5/35 MACD.

Regards,
Kris

Hello Kris,
If you've been trading with sniper for 2 years that's a lot more experience with it than most of us here.
Have you found that trading with Sniper as recommended by Gary needs improvement?
How long have you been using the MACD dot?

Hey Greenfield,

I just did a quick look over for DEC and NOV trades. Not Spread adj. Nov would have been 483pips and Dec so far 135pips. Anyways, it is profitable either way. Also, Dec I will shut down shortly because the holidays can kill you on H1. The last Short before the current one would have entered a little later than Sniper regular. The trade would have finished when the new arrow painted or Sniper Stop is broken. The next long would have been a loss, since the candle closed above SHMA line. It was stopped out by Sniper Stop. It would have been re-entered on this current short. But consider this, You may have terminated the trade anyways because today was NFP. Or you may have skipped it altogether because of it. Depends how you trade. Gary skips NFP.
As I said before, no system is perfect not even this one, but you will filter some trades when it counts. You can also trade the MACD Dot and ignore SHMA. Check the results they are nice as well.
The way I trade is for pure consistency and safety. I go for 8-12% per month. That is it. I actually still use the regular version of Sniper. But I have a fully automated system. It is not the Sniper V3 or whatever is on the net. Anyways, what I do I turn it on when I see the setup and go for 30pips. I know there is more potential, but do the math. I am not exposed very much. I even break down the 12% over 4 weeks. I set weekly goals. You can set any goals you like. But trading Sniper 24/7 is only great if you end up with money. I use Oct 2008 and Nov 2008 as a guide. What I mean is those months were horrible for Sniper. Even though Gary shows profit, go back and take a look at what I am talking about. So, that is why I go for little but more in the long run. I have a Dollar Close Value in my system that shuts down immediately when the Equity Balance I predetermine is reached. Look, I spend lots of money to get this far. It was not easy. Now I am updating my system to also include this current strategy. It makes sense to me. I can actually increase my weekly take. Sorry if I sound like bragging, but not sharing. But I am proud of the system. I don't spend time sitting and watching the screen. I can give anyone pointers how to achieve a fully automated system if you want to customize it. Or if you want something I have I can direct you to the coder. He probably will charge. I want all to understand that I don't like posting here because I trade automated. And talking about it and not sharing is not nice. Hope it makes sense.

Regards,
Kris

Hello Kris,
If you've been trading with sniper for 2 years that's a lot more experience with it than most of us here.
Have you found that trading with Sniper as recommended by Gary needs improvement?
How long have you been using the MACD dot?

GumRai,

I have been watching Sniper on/off, and analyzing it during this time as well. Look, when I read these messages here all I see people that trade Sniper "now" but believe me, out of 10 only 2 will end up trading it 24/7 and all its proper signals in 2-3 years. Because it is a manual system it is physically and mentally not possible to live your life and trade this system. Here, I said it. Unless you have no life, yes, Sniper is for you. As you know, if you get whipsawed and miss the equalizing trade that will make the difference, you are potentially in trouble. You can't take Sniper and say "I will trade it NY hours and sleep during London hours". No, no ,no. You have to be at it all the time. H4 is a possibility, but I am not prepared for the draw downs. It just doesn't work for me. You have to adjust everything regarding Money/Risk Management. So you can get more pips when it goes right, but get killed when it goes wrong. So your per pip value must be lower than what you would use on H1. Unless your account is big and fat.
The Macd Dot and MTF_SHMA is something I put together last week. I just couldn't find something appropriate that would filter signals. I guess this works for me. See the MTF line is a H4 30HMA. So regarding repainting, hmm no so much to almost not at all on H1. Also, the MACD dot could appear and disappear. That is why you would for example enter the trade immediately when a blue dot appears after all Sniper rules have been met. Don't wait for confirmation at the end of the bar. In your case, Trend A/B same color after an arrow. The MACD dot will just reinforce the signal. The MACD dot I am talking about is nothing else than the 5/35 that SDX Trader was talking about. I know you got on his case about claiming results that seemed high. But he is right. Anyways, I just wanted everyone here to just see a way of filtering. Even if you can get 2-3 bad ones out it is a success. But still you have to be alert and ready to enter the trade manually. That is what I think is the biggest problem with Sniper.

Regards,
Kris

Hello Kris,

Thanks for the detailed insight to how you use Sniper.
I'm always reading the forums, looking for something that works and also fits my psyche.
Your name is familiar. :whistling
Do you post else where??

The Stockman

GumRai,

I have been watching Sniper on/off, and analyzing it during this time as well. Look, when I read these messages here all I see people that trade Sniper "now" but believe me, out of 10 only 2 will end up trading it 24/7 and all its proper signals in 2-3 years. Because it is a manual system it is physically and mentally not possible to live your life and trade this system. Here, I said it. Unless you have no life, yes, Sniper is for you. As you know, if you get whipsawed and miss the equalizing trade that will make the difference, you are potentially in trouble. You can't take Sniper and say "I will trade it NY hours and sleep during London hours". No, no ,no. You have to be at it all the time. H4 is a possibility, but I am not prepared for the draw downs. It just doesn't work for me. You have to adjust everything regarding Money/Risk Management. So you can get more pips when it goes right, but get killed when it goes wrong. So your per pip value must be lower than what you would use on H1. Unless your account is big and fat.
The Macd Dot and MTF_SHMA is something I put together last week. I just couldn't find something appropriate that would filter signals. I guess this works for me. See the MTF line is a H4 30HMA. So regarding repainting, hmm no so much to almost not at all on H1. Also, the MACD dot could appear and disappear. That is why you would for example enter the trade immediately when a blue dot appears after all Sniper rules have been met. Don't wait for confirmation at the end of the bar. In your case, Trend A/B same color after an arrow. The MACD dot will just reinforce the signal. The MACD dot I am talking about is nothing else than the 5/35 that SDX Trader was talking about. I know you got on his case about claiming results that seemed high. But he is right. Anyways, I just wanted everyone here to just see a way of filtering. Even if you can get 2-3 bad ones out it is a success. But still you have to be alert and ready to enter the trade manually. That is what I think is the biggest problem with Sniper.

Regards,
Kris

Thanks for the detailed response Kris.
I totally agree with you re it being practically impossible to trade Sniper on the H1 as intended and doing it manually. As you may have seen in an earlier post. After monitoring Sniper in November and following it as closely as is possible,I have given up any thought of trading the H1. I cannot dedicate the time required.
The 5/35/5 MACD is a very good indicator. I have been using it for a long time. It is part of Bill Williams "Trading Chaos" theory. An old book, but still a worthwhile read. Just using the signal line alone to enter trades can be good, but best used as part of a strategy.
The reason that I "got on SDX traders's case" was because of his misleading posts. In one post he said that he'd been using Sniper for a few months and in a later post he claimed to have been using it over a year! He also gave the impression that he'd been using the MACD in conjunction with Sniper to make good profits, whereas he'd only been using it for a few weeks!
I think that it is good when people post their strategies that they use with Sniper, but they should always state whether it is a theory based on back testing, or whether it is from real trading results.

Hello Kris,

Thanks for the detailed insight to how you use Sniper.
I'm always reading the forums, looking for something that works and also fits my psyche.
Your name is familiar. :whistling
Do you post else where??

The Stockman

Hello Stockman,

No, I don't generally post. Must be someone else I guess.
Regards,
Kris

Thanks for the detailed response Kris.
I totally agree with you re it being practically impossible to trade Sniper on the H1 as intended and doing it manually. As you may have seen in an earlier post. After monitoring Sniper in November and following it as closely as is possible,I have given up any thought of trading the H1. I cannot dedicate the time required.
The 5/35/5 MACD is a very good indicator. I have been using it for a long time. It is part of Bill Williams "Trading Chaos" theory. An old book, but still a worthwhile read. Just using the signal line alone to enter trades can be good, but best used as part of a strategy.
The reason that I "got on SDX traders's case" was because of his misleading posts. In one post he said that he'd been using Sniper for a few months and in a later post he claimed to have been using it over a year! He also gave the impression that he'd been using the MACD in conjunction with Sniper to make good profits, whereas he'd only been using it for a few weeks!
I think that it is good when people post their strategies that they use with Sniper, but they should always state whether it is a theory based on back testing, or whether it is from real trading results.

Hello GumRai,

Good to know that the 5/35 MACD setting is from Bill Williams. I didn't know that. It just adds validity to the signal.

I think most posters here will agree that Sniper is one of the best. However, the simply fact is that if you want to replicate Gary's results you would need to forfeit some of your life. I would not be surprised if he is paying 2-3 guys to pull the trigger for him.
Itruly believe you need to know when is enough. Is 50-100-300pips enough? Set yourself goals. And then use Sniper to get to it. You want to be a millionaire? If yes, then set goals. If not, then you can trade Sniper manually, every signal, forfeit a good part of your life and in 1-2 years doing it this way, you will be looking for another system or you will simply cave in. It is not humanly sustainable. Set realistic goals how much you want from Sniper. Then if you want trade it like a maniac until you reach it. Then shut down and come back next month. You yourself know how much you can achieve, and what Sniper is willing to give on a daily basis or weekly basis. You will be more motivated. But if you are afraid you will miss out many good trades, perhaps then you should take them, but then you are back at the humanly unsustainable problem.
That is also what the Brokers count on. Between lack of experience, bad risk/money mgmt., and mostly consistency, the broker bets you will screw up. If you are great in risk/money mgmt., and you have experience, you are already ahead. But nothing is going to happen without the consistency that you need to trade Sniper.

Regards,
Kris

Hello GumRai,

Good to know that the 5/35 MACD setting is from Bill Williams. I didn't know that. It just adds validity to the signal.

Oops and there ! go, slightly misleading people :eek:

I actually use the 5/34/5 MACD, only a very slight difference.
Tom Joseph brought the 5/35 to Bill Williams attention and Bill changed it to 5/34 and added the 5 signal line. Note they are all numbers in Fibonacci progression. Bill Williams found the MACD a useful aid concerning wave 3,4 & 5 of EW theory.

As a stand alone indicator the MACD does a good job in identifying trends, so I can believe that it would perform well alongside Sniper.

Some time back I made an Excel spreadsheet and using Daily data for the last 8 years, I found that just using the MACD signal line (signal higher or lower than MACD) as an entry and exit point that it created profit. However, there were some very bad periods of loss that would have been difficult to stomach.
Used alongside another strategy it can be a very useful indicator.

Hello kris72G,
Thanks for your reply. It's good to hear your experiences with Sniper. I hope your current strategy does well for you.

Oops and there ! go, slightly misleading people :eek:

I actually use the 5/34/5 MACD, only a very slight difference.
Tom Joseph brought the 5/35 to Bill Williams attention and Bill changed it to 5/34 and added the 5 signal line. Note they are all numbers in Fibonacci progression. Bill Williams found the MACD a useful aid concerning wave 3,4 & 5 of EW theory.

As a stand alone indicator the MACD does a good job in identifying trends, so I can believe that it would perform well alongside Sniper.

Some time back I made an Excel spreadsheet and using Daily data for the last 8 years, I found that just using the MACD signal line (signal higher or lower than MACD) as an entry and exit point that it created profit. However, there were some very bad periods of loss that would have been difficult to stomach.
Used alongside another strategy it can be a very useful indicator.

It's interesting that we've all found ways of filtering basic Sniper, to suit our specific trading strategy.

From my personal point of view, I would rather give up a few pips and get in slightly later, once all my indicators give the green light to take the Sniper signal. This, certainly works for me and, although I may be a bit late in taking the trade sometimes, avoiding those losing Sniper signals more than compensates for the slightly late entries.

Hi Kris,
great to see you are doing that well.

Eliminating some false signals with MACD5 35 seems quite good, although Oct 2008 was as you said really horrible (sideways) and even this additional signal would not help really much.

Anyhow, you mentioned you have a fully automated system (EA) would you mid explaining a little bit more your settings:
1. you trade as per original rules?
2. you use trend a and/or b?
3. you trade from 6am to 22pm GMT?
4. what Dollar close value you use?
5. do you already use H4 HMA in your EA or this is something you are adding just now?
6. what is your TP? 30pips?
7. SL at sniper stop+-10pips?

You said, you can give us pointers how to achieve a fully automated system - could you?

Great posts you are making, really adding a lot of value to this thread!

Thanks!

Jerry

Hey Greenfield,

I just did a quick look over for DEC and NOV trades. Not Spread adj. Nov would have been 483pips and Dec so far 135pips. Anyways, it is profitable either way. Also, Dec I will shut down shortly because the holidays can kill you on H1. The last Short before the current one would have entered a little later than Sniper regular. The trade would have finished when the new arrow painted or Sniper Stop is broken. The next long would have been a loss, since the candle closed above SHMA line. It was stopped out by Sniper Stop. It would have been re-entered on this current short. But consider this, You may have terminated the trade anyways because today was NFP. Or you may have skipped it altogether because of it. Depends how you trade. Gary skips NFP.
As I said before, no system is perfect not even this one, but you will filter some trades when it counts. You can also trade the MACD Dot and ignore SHMA. Check the results they are nice as well.
The way I trade is for pure consistency and safety. I go for 8-12% per month. That is it. I actually still use the regular version of Sniper. But I have a fully automated system. It is not the Sniper V3 or whatever is on the net. Anyways, what I do I turn it on when I see the setup and go for 30pips. I know there is more potential, but do the math. I am not exposed very much. I even break down the 12% over 4 weeks. I set weekly goals. You can set any goals you like. But trading Sniper 24/7 is only great if you end up with money. I use Oct 2008 and Nov 2008 as a guide. What I mean is those months were horrible for Sniper. Even though Gary shows profit, go back and take a look at what I am talking about. So, that is why I go for little but more in the long run. I have a Dollar Close Value in my system that shuts down immediately when the Equity Balance I predetermine is reached. Look, I spend lots of money to get this far. It was not easy. Now I am updating my system to also include this current strategy. It makes sense to me. I can actually increase my weekly take. Sorry if I sound like bragging, but not sharing. But I am proud of the system. I don't spend time sitting and watching the screen. I can give anyone pointers how to achieve a fully automated system if you want to customize it. Or if you want something I have I can direct you to the coder. He probably will charge. I want all to understand that I don't like posting here because I trade automated. And talking about it and not sharing is not nice. Hope it makes sense.

Regards,
Kris

Hi Kris,
great to see you are doing that well.

Eliminating some false signals with MACD5 35 seems quite good, although Oct 2008 was as you said really horrible (sideways) and even this additional signal would not help really much.

Anyhow, you mentioned you have a fully automated system (EA) would you mid explaining a little bit more your settings:
1. you trade as per original rules?
2. you use trend a and/or b?
3. you trade from 6am to 22pm GMT?
4. what Dollar close value you use?
5. do you already use H4 HMA in your EA or this is something you are adding just now?
6. what is your TP? 30pips?
7. SL at sniper stop+-10pips?

You said, you can give us pointers how to achieve a fully automated system - could you?

Great posts you are making, really adding a lot of value to this thread!

Thanks!

Jerry

Hello pircj and All,

I will try my best to answer all your questions.

Yes Oct2008 was really bad, but I went back to check after your post. If I would have traded it, just by quickly scanning through not Spread adj. I came up with 1657pips. I am surprised, but very similar to Gary's 1781pips he has on his site. The only problem trading Oct2008 is that the draw downs probably would have scared to crap out of most. Psychologically most would have suspended trading during that month. Maybe not, I probably would have gotten pissed.

Alright, I do have a fully automated system; I just can't deal with sniper manually. I don't think I have the mental stamina to do it long term. That was always my struggle. You know when you have something great (Sniper) and then realize to make it work you really have to do something you may not be prepared to do in the long run. That is sacrifice your time with family, other activities, etc. you name it.

Here is how I do it:

Once you start the EA it waits for the next valid signal.
Valid signal is: (Long trade) Sniper lines turn blue and arrow paints. Trend B or Psar is broken afterwards or it was already broken. If broken previously EA will enter on arrow, if not it will wait for the moment it breaks Psar. Then enter a long trade.

Next, it will remain in the trade until 2 things happen. It hits a blue Sniper stop dot. Or, a new arrow paints. The long trade is over and the EA searches for a short trade. If during the long trade my equity balance goes from 5000 to 6000, and I set my Dollar Close Value to 5900, the EA will shutdown at 5900 and not take any new signals until I restart Sniper. At that point it sends an email informing me it has shutdown. The reason behind that is that you can capture a percentage of your starting Balance safely. Or if Sniper doesn't reach the Eq.Bal. it will continue to trade until it does. Key is not to be greedy. That is why I set it up every week to get me a certain percentage. I don't specify percentages in the EA settings because if you have a loosing trade and your balance drops, a percentage value of your new balance will be less than what you initially expected. So, if the EA knows that it needs to reach a certain $ value that is better.

I don't have the EA stop trading the Asian hours. The reason is that the EA may not be in a trade that extends from Asian into London opening. But this is the only time I may look at the system. Just to make sure it doesn't whipsaw like crazy, which it doesn't. But most of the time my Dollar Value has been reached and trading is off for me anyways.

The EA trades according to original Sniper rules.
Only difference are the following:

I added the Dollar value. I set it to 5% of previous balance for the week.
Uses a HMA Trend indicator to initiate re-entry. Gary has Trend A. HMA Value is adjustable.
It trades through the Asian hours. Not ideal, but it is ok. If Gary makes 500pips I make 300pips. But I don't waste my time. And honestly, doesn't bother me. Because Asian hours will not be the determining factor as much as is a lost long trade during the London hours.
T/P is really the Dollar Close Value. It can be 30pips or less for the week. Depends also on the pip value I use.
My Sniper Stop is just that. If it is touched and broken, it is game over. No +/-values.
It could be added, but never cared about it. I guess the question would be how many times does it touch stop out and then continue making money. Or if you give up 10pips every time and you have 10 of those, well. Sniper Stop is ATR based. Perhaps it is good just to get out.

The MACD dot and MT_SHMA addition I am in the process to add into the current system. But I will allow the SHMA line to be turned off and on. Because I like the flexibility. MACD 5/35 certainly filters that stays. SHMA based on H4 is really to let me trade with the prevailing trend. It works. Is it ideal, to me it is good enough. Because I may be trading differently than most here. I look for set percentages not all of it.
Don't forget, and I keep saying this over and over and over again, 6% per month return is doubling your account annually. Did you know that if your account is $5000 and you profit 15pips per week but increase your pip value based on the first 2digits of your monthly starting balance i.e. 5000 = $5pip, 5500 = $5.5pip etc. you end up based on 52weeks with a gain of about 113% or $10643.00 for the year. But can you do more than 15pips per week? Hmm, let me guess.
My thing with the addition of MACD dot and SHMA H4 is that I can probably safely go for 40-50 or more per week. Because as I have described above Sniper will trade, filter, and capture. When done, and Dollar Value was reached, it sends me an email. Ahh, it always feels good to know the goal is reached.

I hope my description as you have requested is good. It would be great if people realize that trading has to be accompanied with goal settings. On Wall Street it is easier because 9:30 to 4pm is a good gig. Forex is tough, it is 24 hours and very violent and volatile. You have to compensate for this huge, I call it disadvantage. Because you need multiple humans to do your job. Not easy. That is why decided to spend money to get this done. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks I will add these 2 indicators and life should be god willing even less stressful.

Regards to All,
Kris

Attachments

• EA1.GIF
    EA1.GIF
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,095
  • EA2.GIF
    EA2.GIF
    72 KB · Views: 792
It's really not that hard, if you're online I'll do this for a measly five quid right now if you want - providing you've already bought the license...

Luckily, my internet wasn't so bad in November, so I'm sure that my entry and exits are accurate. The only one that I'm not sure about is the last short on 30th November. I have the entry at 1.6481, what was your entry Greenfield?

I guess that I was at the screen more often than you, so I probably saw 4 more trades that repainted. That is the only possible explanation for me having 30, and you 26 trades.
I look forward to comparing our results
Hello GumRai,
I promised that I would look at the November trades to see if I can see how it is that we've come up with different results. After poring over both sets of results along with the charts, I have to say that my brain is about to explode but below is what I've found, I should warn everybody other than GumRai that this is very tedious stuff – you might want not to read this.

I think the differences come down to – applying the rules, dealing with trades first thing in the morning (in the UK), plus there is 1 discrepancy that I can't explain.

I've mentioned previously there there were a few changes to the rules that existing Sniper customers weren't informed of. One is the Friday night rule, actually not a hard and fast rule - “It is usually best to close any open positions before market close on Friday.” It could be argued that it's sensible to close all trades Friday. But I hadn't been doing this, and I have found that quite often a trend starting Friday can continue into Monday. It can add quite a lot onto the trade, sometimes 100s of points. Obviously it can also do the opposite. I must admit that watching the price movement Sunday can be a bit scarey. It's something I'm keeping an eye on, and might change – I closed ½ the short from Friday and let the rest run (a sort of compromise). So this accounts for one of the differences (my trade closing Mon 2 Nov +92.5 pts).

First thing in the morning (GMT), sometimes the indicators show that a trade should be closed (at some point during the Asian session). But just after 6.00, the movement in price may be heading back in the direction of the original trade. So I'll wait and keep the trade open (#1). In the same way, there may be a trade initiated during the Asian session (#2). At 6, it might be heading against the direction of the trade. I'll wait and see, sometimes watching it head towards the SL. Not always of course.

So, first thing 2 Nov I didn't take the long (#2). Your trade -98pts.

On 3 Nov we both got in the long at about the same level. Evidently, I went to bed, got stopped out. I assume you saw the indicators change (midnight?) and closed the trade. I got +102, you got +135.

5 Nov. I didn't take the trade because the previous bar was 145. Your trade -34.

9 Nov. you took the long first thing. It was 86 pts above the price that it could have been taken. It could be argued that the rules say it shouldn't have been taken. The reason that I know the price is that I took it – on Sunday night (rightly or wrongly). I got 76.7, you got -13.

9 Nov short. My trade was stopped out at 6712. your trade was closed at 6784, which is 81 pts above the stop. I don't know why that happened. My trade +4.2, your trade -57.

11 Nov short. I didn't take the trade because the previous bar was 172.

After that point, our trades are the same with similar outcomes.

What I really should be doing is comparing these trades with Gary's trades. When I've cleared my head, perhaps I'll get round to it.

If the robot that Kent told us about does the business, then we won't have to worry about all this. Just throw the PC in the corner and forget about it!

Bye,

Hello GumRai,
I promised that I would look at the November trades to see if I can see how it is that we've come up with different results. After poring over both sets of results along with the charts, I have to say that my brain is about to explode but below is what I've found, I should warn everybody other than GumRai that this is very tedious stuff – you might want not to read this.

I think the differences come down to – applying the rules, dealing with trades first thing in the morning (in the UK), plus there is 1 discrepancy that I can't explain.

I've mentioned previously there there were a few changes to the rules that existing Sniper customers weren't informed of. One is the Friday night rule, actually not a hard and fast rule - “It is usually best to close any open positions before market close on Friday.” It could be argued that it's sensible to close all trades Friday. But I hadn't been doing this, and I have found that quite often a trend starting Friday can continue into Monday. It can add quite a lot onto the trade, sometimes 100s of points. Obviously it can also do the opposite. I must admit that watching the price movement Sunday can be a bit scarey. It's something I'm keeping an eye on, and might change – I closed ½ the short from Friday and let the rest run (a sort of compromise). So this accounts for one of the differences (my trade closing Mon 2 Nov +92.5 pts).

First thing in the morning (GMT), sometimes the indicators show that a trade should be closed (at some point during the Asian session). But just after 6.00, the movement in price may be heading back in the direction of the original trade. So I'll wait and keep the trade open (#1). In the same way, there may be a trade initiated during the Asian session (#2). At 6, it might be heading against the direction of the trade. I'll wait and see, sometimes watching it head towards the SL. Not always of course.

So, first thing 2 Nov I didn't take the long (#2). Your trade -98pts.

On 3 Nov we both got in the long at about the same level. Evidently, I went to bed, got stopped out. I assume you saw the indicators change (midnight?) and closed the trade. I got +102, you got +135.

5 Nov. I didn't take the trade because the previous bar was 145. Your trade -34.

9 Nov. you took the long first thing. It was 86 pts above the price that it could have been taken. It could be argued that the rules say it shouldn't have been taken. The reason that I know the price is that I took it – on Sunday night (rightly or wrongly). I got 76.7, you got -13.

9 Nov short. My trade was stopped out at 6712. your trade was closed at 6784, which is 81 pts above the stop. I don't know why that happened. My trade +4.2, your trade -57.

11 Nov short. I didn't take the trade because the previous bar was 172.

After that point, our trades are the same with similar outcomes.

What I really should be doing is comparing these trades with Gary's trades. When I've cleared my head, perhaps I'll get round to it.

If the robot that Kent told us about does the business, then we won't have to worry about all this. Just throw the PC in the corner and forget about it!

Bye,

Hey Everyone,
The robot has been released at version 3 with much customization, and according to the creator, it is trading exactly by the Sniper rules. So far, according to the stats, it is up by 764 pips in the last 30 days. She has a t/p of 100 pips for each trade, so perhaps, is not getting the full impact of what sniper can do. It is well worth the look.
Regards,
Kent