Sniper Forex System

Sorry to disagree with you, but the instructions with Sniper clearly state to enter the trade as soon as all conditions are met. It actually states "DO NOT wait until the close of the candle."

i'm not say ing that you should trade it that way, i'm just saying that if the signal is given because price reaches x but then falls back the signal will no longer be valid.

think of it as a failed break out.

when i look back through the chart i dont get to see the arrows that disappeared and based my views on entering at the close of the candle.

i believe the best way to trade cable using sniper is on the 15min and only taking signals up to 12 gmt. on the best days you will get on signal very early and ride the trend all day.

other days the trend strts in the asian session and you need to decide if you are going to get in at the uk open or leave it and wait to see if it reverses.

the worst days are obviously the choppy ones which is why i say pack up at lunchtime if your not already in a trade.

Apart from the above i dont trade off the signals i wait for a pullback to the sniper stop.

I get less trades but tighter stops and more of the big moves.

The market has moved up and the blue arrow has re-appeared for the 3rd time.
This stinks.
A signal that appears when the market is moving with you, but disappears if it is going against you.
I'm sure that this is not very common, but it is out of order!

one possible explanation for the disappearing arrows, is that the arrows appear "real-time", ie, intra-bar.

even though the HMAs can fluctuate in colour intra-bar, once the bar is complete, there will be no repainting if you reload the chart.

the question is how reliant are you guys on taking the intra-bar signal?
because, if by reloading the chart, the recalculations are done on completed bars, except the current open one. this would explain the disappearing.

as per Elefteros, I would use Sniper as a guide, and then position yourself through other TA techniques for fine-tuned entries.

only the closed bars are valid for analysis. everything else is fluid.

EDIT: one of the main reasons the first thing I did was convert the Sniper to a 15-min version should I ever use it.

The market has moved up and the blue arrow has re-appeared for the 3rd time.
This stinks.
A signal that appears when the market is moving with you, but disappears if it is going against you.
I'm sure that this is not very common, but it is out of order!

Why the surprise? Its a "Sniper" system after all ;)

arrows vice versa alerts

gary writing to me he "follow the alerts, as fulltime trader" .

and I see only one time a long alert, give me the email also one time. so the arrow will disappearing or not, we have a valid signal, then pull the trigger if you will follow the system same the author it make.

all other will change the original, but may help you make more $$ :)

kent - do you still look for RSI to be above 50 for longs and below 50 for shorts? or do you pretty much solely use EW now?

you could be right about this long...its looking kinda weak, but that could also be because of lower volumes.

Well I see that you have the blue arrow on the chart that you posted
I had the same (first image)
I then refreshed when the price dropped and guess what - another full on entry alert was wiped from memory!
If you refresh now, is that arrow still there?

Blue arrow is showing for me after refresh (together with previous red arrow), even if I shut down and restart MT4

kent - do you still look for RSI to be above 50 for longs and below 50 for shorts? or do you pretty much solely use EW now?

you could be right about this long...its looking kinda weak, but that could also be because of lower volumes.

Sunny
Yes, I still look at RSI, sometimes can be wrong on EW, like last night. I got stopped out. But Sniper is now showing the short so prb just a little early on the short. This is on guppy.
I have been researching something I saw someone say on another forum or somewhere, and that is to wait to go into a trade until the Sniper Stop changes to the correct side. By doing that you lose a few pips, but I noticed that it will keep you out of potentially bad trades. You might want to go back and look at that too.
Kent

Last edited:
You are now entering the Twilight Zone. That area in time when you start to rethink your trade, because the market gets hazy and lazy, and you wonder, WHAT THE F*CK DID I DO THAT FOR!. But at this time you MUST become a Vulcan, and suppress all emotion, until between 0gmt and 1gmt, when the markets start showing some sign of life, finally.
LOL

You are now entering the Twilight Zone. That area in time when you start to rethink your trade, because the market gets hazy and lazy, and you wonder, WHAT THE F*CK DID I DO THAT FOR!. But at this time you MUST become a Vulcan, and suppress all emotion, until between 0gmt and 1gmt, when the markets start showing some sign of life, finally.
LOL

nice words :D and good advice(y)

I will go sleep :sleep: cya :sleep:

I would really think twice about going long on this. There is an a-b-c correction going on right now that should take it to around 1.6266. I think a long trade would be a disaster. But that is my opinion. I could be wrong. There will be a turn long, but it will probably be brief. Let your gut be your guide. I really dont want to look like a know it all, but i feel really strong about this. Be better to wait it out. I have gone short, but on demo. I am not risking any capital on this move. We are looking at reduced liquidity, with the US holiday. Well, I am going to bed. Goodnight, all.
Kent

Looks like I missed it by just a little, but we are now in that correction, and I have to revise the end of the correction to around 1.6280. I have my t/p at 1.6294. It really seems to me that when a wave is playing out, it really doesn't matter about the liquidity factor. Things just play out according to EW and the times of day seem to play into the waves accordingly. Very interesting. I am short guppy and cable at the present time, and up around 60 pips between the two. Whew, should have gone live, instead of demo. Oh well, better safe than possibly sorry. Always a new trade tomorrow.
Kent

Sniper Forex or ProFX?

Hi,

the Sniper Forex system is very similar to ProFX. Both work on GBP/USD, use similar indicators, SLs and TPs. Sniper uses the H1, ProFX uses the M30 timeframe. I have read good reviews about both systems. Does anybody here have any experience about which one produces more pips, which is the better?

Hi,

the Sniper Forex system is very similar to ProFX. Both work on GBP/USD, use similar indicators, SLs and TPs. Sniper uses the H1, ProFX uses the M30 timeframe. I have read good reviews about both systems. Does anybody here have any experience about which one produces more pips, which is the better?

Almandine,
Just due to the fact that ProFX uses the M30 TF, it should, if it is similar to Sniper, produce a few more pips, but if you don't watch out, would be easier to get caught up in whipsaw, which would potentially kill some pips. You can trade Sniper on the M30 TF, but I prefer the 1H due to the above. Go try out Sniper on a demo and see how you like it. If you don't, then look for something else. Most of the members here have already been through many systems, have demoed Sniper, and then purchased it. Not many systems on the market will allow a demo, but Gary knows that in most cases, a demo will return for a purchase. This is a good system, may not be the best, but is profitable. That is something you have to determine for yourself. But keep in mind, for the price, you can certainly do a lot worse. I have seen systems that cost $2000 be returned within the 30 day return period with people really pissed off. I think we have a good following here and most are happy with Sniper.
Regards,
Kent

It is important to remeber that this system is built on a sound principle of PA. If one does not understand this principle, one is not likely to take the full advantage if it, and will endlesly be preoccupied about the matter less important then the heart of this system. If you can, please study this principle on th following link Price Action by Buffy
All the rest is just an addition, the most important is the visual trend identification, what remains is to follow it. EW and fibs is a great concept and very useful too, in my opinion essential filters for this system, but one if well disciplined can trade just on the principle of trend following, and take profits when there are signs of trend tiredness.

Last edited:
2be makes a very good point about this system and additional filters. Trading this system as is will make a person profitable if, and only if, Gary's rules and the rules in the other books he supply's is followed carefully.
In relation to the additional filters, once these are in your head, you have absolutely no choice but to use them. They are very good and everyone could benefit if the time is taken to learn them. But bear in mind, if you don't have, or want to take the time, then use the system as is. And the pips WILL be with you, Jedi!
Kent

ok kent...just woke up to a nice short and i have to say i am very impressed :D

when you called the short and it was clearly going long, i thought you had started to become too confused with this EW :confused: you've developed a good level of accuracy with EW ;)