Sniper Forex System

I live in Thailand, so I'm not sure if I can get text alerts or not.
But in a case such as this when a trade is outside of hours, and stopped, would you get a text message to tell you to get in on the deal?

Gumrai, when you will often get alerts when 3 lines change color like : " imminent short trade alert ...." and when the histograms change to the same color you will also get an alert like : " short entry .... " Everytime you get this alert , MT4 email will send you
the same alert by sms to your cell. Your cell will make a loud music to notify you.
First you need to have a bluebottle.com email account cost only 10$ per year.
Second on your MT4 you go to Tools > options > email >
check enable
SMTP server: mail.bluebottle.com:587
SMTP login: Gumrai @bluebottle.com
SMTP password: bluebottle.com email password
to : [email protected]

press test to check if it works.

The above is an example

Hey guys. I'm new to sniper (and to forex), but by all appearances have hit on a good thing =) Hope to go live soon. There were a couple of news events today as indicated on forexfactory near the beginning of the sniping hours, so I didn't trade. At the moment, I'm not trading 30 min before or after a major news event. How do you guys deal with news?

Its been a year since this thread started, so what are all your opinions on this sniper system? Are you all still trading it? I don't own it myself but it seems very popular, even with some of the longer standing members of this forum. Would be interesting to hear your reviews.

Sam.

mt4

im new to mt4, it is frikken awful to look at and use, how do i look back at 1 months data im on the 1 hr charts it keeps pinging back i can only see upto a week max, even when i zoom out

:mad:

K

Karl, there's a green arrow on the toolbar (looks like a "play" sign), called auto scroll. make sure it isn't selected if you want to stop it jumping back.

By the way, I just went on on GBP/USD here =) Anyone else?

Karl, there's a green arrow on the toolbar (looks like a "play" sign), called auto scroll. make sure it isn't selected if you want to stop it jumping back.

i got it cheers bro

k

I will buy if price reaches 1.6600. Now we're near strong resistance, yesterday we couldn't break out this level.

Its been a year since this thread started, so what are all your opinions on this sniper system? Are you all still trading it? I don't own it myself but it seems very popular, even with some of the longer standing members of this forum. Would be interesting to hear your reviews.

Sam.

hear hear mega

Im all for looking at different strats, and incorparating stuff with my own thoughts. But has anybody got a serious drug habit with this one or a garage full of super cars

K

:D

I've just logged back in and there doesn't appear to have been an alert at the time that you posted.
There is now - GBP/USD Long @ 1.6531
I find this interesting as it is exactly the opposite of my personal opinion. Without Sniper I would go short now.
I'm going to hold for now and see what develops

I've just logged back in and there doesn't appear to have been an alert at the time that you posted.
There is now - GBP/USD Long @ 1.6531
I find this interesting as it is exactly the opposite of my personal opinion. Without Sniper I would go short now.
I'm going to hold for now and see what develops

im looking at sniper and it says long at 1.6385... wtf- all the blues match up

k

Gumrai, when you will often get alerts when 3 lines change color like : " imminent short trade alert ...." and when the histograms change to the same color you will also get an alert like : " short entry .... " Everytime you get this alert , MT4 email will send you
the same alert by sms to your cell. Your cell will make a loud music to notify you.
First you need to have a bluebottle.com email account cost only 10$ per year.
Second on your MT4 you go to Tools > options > email >
check enable
SMTP server: mail.bluebottle.com:587
SMTP login: Gumrai @bluebottle.com
SMTP password: bluebottle.com email password
to : [email protected]

press test to check if it works.

The above is an example

Thanks New2fx- You're a star :)

Looking at this system, I can believe that it catches some real major moves on occasions, especially if you stick religiously to the sniper stops.
I do wonder though, does anyone here actually stick to the stops when trading?
Looking back over a few trades, I find it a bit difficult to believe the claim of 2 profit making deals for every loser. It seems that quite a lot of trades go into profit initially and are subsequently stopped at a loss or roughly evens.
For example, pircj and FDtrader took the short this morning at 1.6501
It went as low as 1.6374, so 127 pips profit.
However, the trade then reversed and if you used the sniper stop, you would have been stopped at roughly 1.6500, so you would have seen your nice 120 pip profit change to break even!

I somehow doubt that many people will have the mindset to stick to the stops.

GumRai – Yes, you're correct. I ended up with 9 pts with today's trade. But I also scalped 75 pts on a second trade. I mentioned in a previous post that my aim is to try to replicate the sort of results listed on the Sniperforex website. So I stick to the rules as closely as possible. I realize that a lot of people amend the rules to incorporate their own trading styles.
Have you looked at the additional exit system in the rules? The idea is to divide the trade into 5, exiting at 25 pts, 50 pts, 75 pts, 100 pts and letting the 5th lot ride the trend out. My variation on this is to open 2 trades – scalp 75 on one and exit the other when the system dictates. My figures suggest that 75 works well in gaining from those trades that would otherwise give back some useful profits (as obviously happened today). The other trade taken benefits from some of the quite impressive gains that are possible – I've had 374, 270, 470, 240 and 195 points.
Bye,

GumRai – Yes, you're correct. I ended up with 9 pts with today's trade. But I also scalped 75 pts on a second trade. I mentioned in a previous post that my aim is to try to replicate the sort of results listed on the Sniperforex website. So I stick to the rules as closely as possible. I realize that a lot of people amend the rules to incorporate their own trading styles.
Have you looked at the additional exit system in the rules? The idea is to divide the trade into 5, exiting at 25 pts, 50 pts, 75 pts, 100 pts and letting the 5th lot ride the trend out. My variation on this is to open 2 trades – scalp 75 on one and exit the other when the system dictates. My figures suggest that 75 works well in gaining from those trades that would otherwise give back some useful profits (as obviously happened today). The other trade taken benefits from some of the quite impressive gains that are possible – I've had 374, 270, 470, 240 and 195 points.
Bye,

Impressive feedback - thanks.

Sorry, I don't remember how long you have been trading sniper. Have you any personal figures for average pip profits per month or week?

Looking at this system, I can believe that it catches some real major moves on occasions, especially if you stick religiously to the sniper stops.
I do wonder though, does anyone here actually stick to the stops when trading?
Looking back over a few trades, I find it a bit difficult to believe the claim of 2 profit making deals for every loser. It seems that quite a lot of trades go into profit initially and are subsequently stopped at a loss or roughly evens.
For example, pircj and FDtrader took the short this morning at 1.6501
It went as low as 1.6374, so 127 pips profit.
However, the trade then reversed and if you used the sniper stop, you would have been stopped at roughly 1.6500, so you would have seen your nice 120 pip profit change to break even!

I somehow doubt that many people will have the mindset to stick to the stops.

Wouldn't you consider a breakeven, instead of a loss, a winning trade?

I live in Thailand, so I'm not sure if I can get text alerts or not.
But in a case such as this when a trade is outside of hours, and stopped, would you get a text message to tell you to get in on the deal?

Gumrai, it does not matter where you live. As long as you have internet and sniper running on your MT4 platform and a cellphone, you will get alerts.

Wouldn't you consider a breakeven, instead of a loss, a winning trade?

Well, to be honest - no. I would just call it a neutral trade.
The point of my post was that I believe very few people are able to sit and watch a 127 pip profit disappear while sticking exactly to the set stop level.

Splitting the trade into small lots and taking the profit at different levels seems a sound strategy as pointed out by Greenfield. It seems to ring the bells for Greenfield. That's the great thing about this thread, learning from other people's experiences :smart:

Anyway, on to other things - sorry to be asking so many questions.

This one for those of you who use Alpari platform. To be honest with you, I don't think that the spreads are generally that special and I find that extra digit added on the end annoying and confusing. I think ok, use it when opening the order window but is it really necessary on the charts?
At the moment the GBP/USD is 1.6536, but shows with Alpari as 1.65364.
Using the demo account, I've been playing with trailing stoplosses and was getting confused as it didn't seem to be working right. Am I right that if you want to put in place a trailing stoploss of 50 pips that you have to enter it as 500 to take into account the extra digit?
The difference between 1.65364 and 1.65464 is 10 pips as far as I'm concerned, not 100.

Now another Sniper question.
I get the pop up alerts of imminent and entry into a trade.
I assumed that the imminent alert is triggered when the lines all change to the same colour and the arrow appears.
Then the entry alert is triggered when both histograms are also the same colour.
Now I would read this as "Take the trade now", but invariably when I look at the chart after receiving these alerts, one or other of the histogram bars are the wrong colour. I assumed that at the time the entry alert is triggered that all conditions have been met and in the time it's taken me to look at the chart, one of the bars has changed, so I should still take the trade

This is a copy of the last alert

2009.08.20 11:00:05 Sniper EURUSD,H1: Alert: Short entry on EURUSD, H1, 2009.08.20 11:00, Bid=1.42222

Ignore the time as this is Thailand, it was 5AM Uk time.

This time when I looked at the chart (almost immediately), both the histograms were blue. I find it hard to believe that they both changed in a matter of seconds!
If all conditions are not met when the entry alert is triggered, does that mean that it is not really an entry alert, but another imminent alert?

Something even more confusing - the last 2 alerts that were triggered....

2009.08.20 12:00:04 Sniper GBPUSD,H1: Alert: Imminent short trade alert on GBPUSD, H1, 2009.08.20 12:00, Bid=1.65226

2009.08.20 12:00:10 Sniper GBPUSD,H1: Alert: Imminent long trade alert on GBPUSD, H1, 2009.08.20 12:00, Bid=1.65237

I imminent short alert and an imminent long alert within a split second of each other.
That doesn't seem right somehow - does everyone get this or is there something wrong here.

I think that I will copy this and paste into an email to Gary to see what he has to say.

Happy trading people :)

Hi, yes, ask Gary about it and he shuld rewrite the indicator - this is an error getting simultaneously short and long (imminent that is...).

On the other point, try putting PSAR indicator on your chart with 0.01 na 0.1 settings. Observe trend B and PSAR - they coincide. The other trend indicator is a bit more complicated but this would answer your question why they changed in a matter of seconds - they are based on the Bid price and if the conditions are met they change. it can happen that the change almost simultaneously...

Great stuff this Sniper...

Well, to be honest - no. I would just call it a neutral trade.
The point of my post was that I believe very few people are able to sit and watch a 127 pip profit disappear while sticking exactly to the set stop level.

Splitting the trade into small lots and taking the profit at different levels seems a sound strategy as pointed out by Greenfield. It seems to ring the bells for Greenfield. That's the great thing about this thread, learning from other people's experiences :smart:

Anyway, on to other things - sorry to be asking so many questions.

This one for those of you who use Alpari platform. To be honest with you, I don't think that the spreads are generally that special and I find that extra digit added on the end annoying and confusing. I think ok, use it when opening the order window but is it really necessary on the charts?
At the moment the GBP/USD is 1.6536, but shows with Alpari as 1.65364.
Using the demo account, I've been playing with trailing stoplosses and was getting confused as it didn't seem to be working right. Am I right that if you want to put in place a trailing stoploss of 50 pips that you have to enter it as 500 to take into account the extra digit?
The difference between 1.65364 and 1.65464 is 10 pips as far as I'm concerned, not 100.

Now another Sniper question.
I get the pop up alerts of imminent and entry into a trade.
I assumed that the imminent alert is triggered when the lines all change to the same colour and the arrow appears.
Then the entry alert is triggered when both histograms are also the same colour.
Now I would read this as "Take the trade now", but invariably when I look at the chart after receiving these alerts, one or other of the histogram bars are the wrong colour. I assumed that at the time the entry alert is triggered that all conditions have been met and in the time it's taken me to look at the chart, one of the bars has changed, so I should still take the trade

This is a copy of the last alert

2009.08.20 11:00:05 Sniper EURUSD,H1: Alert: Short entry on EURUSD, H1, 2009.08.20 11:00, Bid=1.42222

Ignore the time as this is Thailand, it was 5AM Uk time.

This time when I looked at the chart (almost immediately), both the histograms were blue. I find it hard to believe that they both changed in a matter of seconds!
If all conditions are not met when the entry alert is triggered, does that mean that it is not really an entry alert, but another imminent alert?

Something even more confusing - the last 2 alerts that were triggered....

2009.08.20 12:00:04 Sniper GBPUSD,H1: Alert: Imminent short trade alert on GBPUSD, H1, 2009.08.20 12:00, Bid=1.65226

2009.08.20 12:00:10 Sniper GBPUSD,H1: Alert: Imminent long trade alert on GBPUSD, H1, 2009.08.20 12:00, Bid=1.65237

I imminent short alert and an imminent long alert within a split second of each other.
That doesn't seem right somehow - does everyone get this or is there something wrong here.

I think that I will copy this and paste into an email to Gary to see what he has to say.

Happy trading people :)