Sniper Forex System

The actual exit strategy is when your stop gets hit or when a new arrow in the opposite direction appears
Hi GumRai
Thanks!..
that's original sniper exit right?
Any particular exit method that you and other fellow traders here follow?

Willy

Hi GumRai
Thanks!..
that's original sniper exit right?
Any particular exit method that you and other fellow traders here follow?

Willy

Yes, that's the original sniper exit.
Many people have problems with the exit strategy as it invariably involves giving back a large portion of any gains.
I no longer use Sniper as I was unable to sit at the computer for so many hours, waiting for confirmation on the H1.
That is not saying that I don't have faith in the system, because I do. I lost money with Sniper simply because I missed some trades, and of course it was always the trades that would have wiped out the losses and put me into profit :(

Somebody asked about larger time-frames. I tried the H4 for a few months. I have to stress that a few months really proves nothing and I also only worked with the candle close. This meant that I only had to check every 4 hours, otherwise, I would be sitting and waiting for the histograms to confirm, the same as with the H1.

During the period that I tried the H4, it was not profitable, but I understand that others (Sal?) have done very well over the last year.

Re: Sniper Trend B

hello fellow snipers.

You can get an alert when sniper trend B change color, just rightclick on sniper trend B, check input tab, change Alerts enabled to true.

It will only alert to the screen. Won't send an email.

hello fellow snipers.

You can get an alert when sniper trend B change color, just rightclick on sniper trend B, check input tab, change Alerts enabled to true.

Sniper Trend B

Well, I must say I'm glad I kept the GBPUSD and GBPJPY positions open from Friday. That was quite a move! Of course, it doesn't always work like that.

Yes..., that was quite a move, but with those trends almost any system can work. :clap:

Well, I must say I'm glad I kept the GBPUSD and GBPJPY positions open from Friday. That was quite a move! Of course, it doesn't always work like that.

Good point, forexkunta.
I just went through sniper´s website and founf its a manual system, have you found a way to automate it? or you operate manually?.

Sniper Forex System EA

Hi,
all interested in testing my Sniper Forex EA please send me private message.

Many pips to all,
Jerry

Hello Fayalac,

Donna Forex has coded an EA for this and seeminngly works okay, but as Forexkunta will tell you, Sniper works best when manually managed. I'm pretty certain Gary will have had this done a while back if automation could match the manual performance.

If you're however interested google Donna Forex.

Best regards

The Stockman
May the pips be with you

Unfortunately for some, manual entry is a boon. Everyone tries to make this system better or that system better, when 95% of the time, the person doesn't know jack about trading in the first place, but they are gonna make a system better!

I have come to the conclusion that the system is not what makes a trader. The DISCIPLINE that a trader has is what makes or breaks the trader and the system. Unfortunately, the discipline that a person needs to become profitable, takes time. It will not come overnight, and it does come at a cost.
There is one trader that posts on this forum, that is disciplined enough to take the trades as this system dictates and has profited from it from day 1 of trading the system. And Greenfield's conclusion is that the system is profitable! Just follow it.

I use the EA for nothing more than trade management, in the interest of getting a little sleep during the week, and my entries are manual. I am no longer trading with Sniper, not because it is not profitable, but because I have my own ideas that have come from EW analysis, and uses nothing more than simple moving averages. Sometimes when an idea is in your head, you can't shake it, you must go with it or go crazy. I have gotten to this point, and fortunately it is very profitable.
Hope everyone has a good weekend, and good trading.
Kent

Hello Fayalac,

Donna Forex has coded an EA for this and seeminngly works okay, but as Forexkunta will tell you, Sniper works best when manually managed. I'm pretty certain Gary will have had this done a while back if automation could match the manual performance.

Best regards

The Stockman
May the pips be with you

Thanks mate.
I will try to find out.

Hello Fayalac,

Best regards

The Stockman
May the pips be with you

Wise words forexkunta, but i still think theres nothing bad with automation. I hsve a friend, he is a systems engineer and some months ago he knew anything about trading and only started to get curios when i asked hem to help me to develop a program to automate my method.
In these moment my method works well, i have found the way to make the program since these guy reaaly didnt made the one i was aking for, and in these moment that he know something - but he can program anything - if i ask hem for anything i have to review the whole program - i am not a programmer - because he adds things from hes own harvest to the program which is suppossed to be a reflex of my method, anyway he has made a wonderful program, that basically works countertrend and basically wins 99% of its positions making arround 500 pips a day, its good but made with an agressive method.
My methodology is simple, as yours, works with MA and basically tries to chase the trend, it makes good enough for me but to distribute my overall risk i have to hace at least two ore three EA´s working, we understand that being efficient with a simgle method can sometimes be real hard so to try 2 or more methods - manually - at the same time is simply not possible, anyway the need to distribute my risks is there.
After all these long speech i dont see anything bad with automation, of course it will always be better to fully understand what we are doing instead simply making a program to do random things.
We are all traders here, the difference is that some win and some lose, those who lose seek to start winning and those who win seek to improve their results.
Anyway mate, wise words.

Unfortunately for some, manual entry is a boon. Everyone tries to make this system better or that system better, when 95% of the time, the person doesn't know jack about trading in the first place, but they are gonna make a system better!

I have come to the conclusion that the system is not what makes a trader. The DISCIPLINE that a trader has is what makes or breaks the trader and the system. Unfortunately, the discipline that a person needs to become profitable, takes time. It will not come overnight, and it does come at a cost.
There is one trader that posts on this forum, that is disciplined enough to take the trades as this system dictates and has profited from it from day 1 of trading the system. And Greenfield's conclusion is that the system is profitable! Just follow it.

I use the EA for nothing more than trade management, in the interest of getting a little sleep during the week, and my entries are manual. I am no longer trading with Sniper, not because it is not profitable, but because I have my own ideas that have come from EW analysis, and uses nothing more than simple moving averages. Sometimes when an idea is in your head, you can't shake it, you must go with it or go crazy. I have gotten to this point, and fortunately it is very profitable.
Hope everyone has a good weekend, and good trading.
Kent

Fayalac,
You will only be able to aquire the Sniper EA if, and only if you can provide an invoice proving purchase of Sniper Forex from Gary's website. And then you will have to become a member of her paid website at a cost of $59.00 per month. If you are looking for an automated version of Sniper, then that is the one you want. It will work according to the rules of Sniper. I would caution you about the scale out method of taking profit with the EA, as I believe it will impact you negatively in the short run. Running a set lot and let it go would be more profitable, in my opinion.
Good luck.

Thanks mate.
I will try to find out.

I have no problems with automation. I just have never seen an EA that was worth a crap, even though I started with Fapturbo. The Sniper EA that Donnaforex put out is the only one I will run. I have set it up to run on G/U from May 1 on, with a small lot size, to capitalize on its abilities. Just a little more to add to the pot. If you are looking for a good EA, then this is the one you want. In the long run, it will be profitable.
I prefer a different method on other pairs for my main bread and butter though.
Regards.
Kent

Wise words forexkunta, but i still think theres nothing bad with automation. I hsve a friend, he is a systems engineer and some months ago he knew anything about trading and only started to get curios when i asked hem to help me to develop a program to automate my method.
In these moment my method works well, i have found the way to make the program since these guy reaaly didnt made the one i was aking for, and in these moment that he know something - but he can program anything - if i ask hem for anything i have to review the whole program - i am not a programmer - because he adds things from hes own harvest to the program which is suppossed to be a reflex of my method, anyway he has made a wonderful program, that basically works countertrend and basically wins 99% of its positions making arround 500 pips a day, its good but made with an agressive method.
My methodology is simple, as yours, works with MA and basically tries to chase the trend, it makes good enough for me but to distribute my overall risk i have to hace at least two ore three EA´s working, we understand that being efficient with a simgle method can sometimes be real hard so to try 2 or more methods - manually - at the same time is simply not possible, anyway the need to distribute my risks is there.
After all these long speech i dont see anything bad with automation, of course it will always be better to fully understand what we are doing instead simply making a program to do random things.
We are all traders here, the difference is that some win and some lose, those who lose seek to start winning and those who win seek to improve their results.
Anyway mate, wise words.

Hello,

this is my first posting here, sorry for my bad english. I'm not a native speaker.
I have started this month (April /2010) with sniper. Also i have followed the
rules exactly my result is around -30 pips.

This is not very good, and i would like to know if sniper really works? Or have i done
something wrong ?

How are your results in April ?

Best Regards

Hello,

this is my first posting here, sorry for my bad english. I'm not a native speaker.
I have started this month (April /2010) with sniper. Also i have followed the
rules exactly my result is around -30 pips.

This is not very good, and i would like to know if sniper really works? Or have i done
something wrong ?

How are your results in April ?

Best Regards

Hi.

As Forexkunta said, to capitalize a good method you must be consistent, sniper seems to be a very good method - i will start following it - but you can never think that each trade will be succesful, there will be losses, that is part of these business.
At what TF are you applying it?, it seems to me that you are doing it at a very short one.