Sniper Forex System

Well, that is a good start for April. Just covered 113 pips on GBP/JPY on a short entry early in the Asian session.

Very well done. Sniper always amazes me when it catches those big moves. The key is to always take the confirmed signals and not pick and choose. By the way, I know that you focus on GBP/JPY. I just opened a live account with PFG Best and their spread is on average 3 pips (NO I AM NOT ADVERTISING FOR THEM!!!). And because of that, I will start to trade that pair too. Just a suggestion to help.

JD,
That is a really good spread. Mine usually runs 5-8, depending on the time of the day. Regardless, G/J is worth trading even with a larger spread. I am trading that pair exclusively, due to it's very large moves. I really expect it to go alot lower after the current retrace, and will go short again after Wave 2 is done, to capitalize on waves 3 and 5. Good luck with your trading.
Kent

yup gbpjpy moves by a lot. Today I closed a trade on GBPJPY for almost 700 pips. When those trends happen they happen big time :D

new2fx sniper stops is just an ATR stop. you could well use it solo as a trading system, although in sideways movements you'll be whipsawed.

Acttually , one of Sniper indicators it's either A or B is exactly that. it turns blue once the sniper dot is below price, and red above price, so it's doing exactly what you're saying already

Get 317% gains

Here is my live trade on the GY yesterday, Without any EA. Total trade netted ove 300 pips in one day. Pluse I was short cable, EG,Long AU and a short CHFJPY plus 170.

Reason I comment is I recieved an email from Sniper this morning. This is it. Very passive results. Would like to see the drawdown, as from my experience in the past it was to big for me to trade with.

232 Pips in January.....

140 Pips in February.....

746 Pips in March.....

1118 Pips So Far this Yearl!

Attachments

• gy 102.gif
    gy 102.gif
    31.9 KB · Views: 220
  • eg101.gif
    eg101.gif
    30.1 KB · Views: 248
hey patong can you post the pivot indicator? would appreciate it.

thanks

Sorry, I had that pivot made system made. So am not prepared to give it away or even sell it. Its too good. Am sure normal pivot are as good to a degree. Its all about YOUR understanding of how to use them correctly. One trade triggered was dragon plus 87 pips 15 min.

Sorry for posting this on Sniper Thread. Ends.

see post #698 for autopivot indicator.

Thats the bass to my code. very good pivot. I have change the code a for me, But, as its posted here its wrong. When you download, You MUST change the Sunday data to false. And use the Monthly Weekly for longer TFs.

JD,
That is a really good spread. Mine usually runs 5-8, depending on the time of the day. Regardless, G/J is worth trading even with a larger spread. I am trading that pair exclusively, due to it's very large moves. I really expect it to go alot lower after the current retrace, and will go short again after Wave 2 is done, to capitalize on waves 3 and 5. Good luck with your trading.
Kent

I hope that you caught today's downward move (from 143.28) as you have said you would go short earlier.

I actually took it at 143.53, which was close to the top of the wave 2 retrace. I also recently added a second position at 141.90. By my calculations wave 3 is in force and still has a long way to run. The magenta line is where I expect wave 3 to end.
Regards,
Kent

I hope that you caught today's downward move (from 143.28) as you have said you would go short earlier.

Attachments

• gbpjpy 04 07 2010.gif
    gbpjpy 04 07 2010.gif
    34.1 KB · Views: 276
Well, it seems my wave count was off, and we didn't make that target. But the next wave down will carry it beyond the target. Just later than I was calculating.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Kent

I actually took it at 143.53, which was close to the top of the wave 2 retrace. I also recently added a second position at 141.90. By my calculations wave 3 is in force and still has a long way to run. The magenta line is where I expect wave 3 to end.
Regards,
Kent

Hello Kent,

I see that Mr Elliot is still shedding the pips your way.

Have a good weekend your self.

Will contact you once I get my Skye sorted out.

The Stockman

What's the actual exit strategy for sniper?
is it when either one of the line or one of histogram show different color?

Thanks

What's the actual exit strategy for sniper?
is it when either one of the line or one of histogram show different color?

Thanks

The actual exit strategy is when your stop gets hit or when a new arrow in the opposite direction appears

Hi,

Has anyone tried Sniper on larger TF's, such as 4H or daily? In that case, what was your experience of success, good/bad signals, difference to 1H and so on.

Appreciate all thoughts and experiences!

Archie

Has anyone tried Sniper on larger TF's, such as 4H or daily? In that case, what was your experience of success, good/bad signals, difference to 1H and so on.
Appreciate all thoughts and experiences!
Archie

Hello Archie21,
When I first started using Sniper, alongside GBPUSD1hr, I experimented trading several pairs on the 4hr TF. I'm not sure how significant the results are because of the short period of time involved, but from 14 April to 4 July GBPUSD4hr resulted in minus – 272 pts, EURUSD4hr plus + 470 pts. From 14 April to 12 June, EURJPY4hr plus + 273 pts. I gave up after a month with GBPJPY4hr when I ended up minus – 535 pts. During the 14 April to 4 July period, trading GBPUSD1hr I gained + 1882 pts. So I ditched the 4hr TFs and only traded GBPUSD1hr – it's the recommended pair and TF after all.

But I'm still interested in following up different pairs, different TFs. Also, what about gold, oil? I've also looked at trading GBPUSD15m during the end of the Asian session/start of the London/European session, sort of Sniper Meets the Morning Break Out System!

Yes, I'll certainly be interested in other people's experiences.

That's my first year with Sniper just completed. That's one year, except for 3 weeks during the Xmas period, 299 trades. It works out at an average of 16.5 pts a (trading) day – 4,014 pts in total. This is trading as per the Sniper rules. It's been pointed out in this thread over the months that trading using the rules isn't as straight forward as it sounds – there's quite a lot of 'playing it by ear.' It works out at 136 wins, 163 losses – 45.5% to 54.5%.

The attached chart shows the points gained and lost as the year progressed. It's clearly a system that needs persevering with. Over a period, it can give some useful gains. But, if someone started mid October, they would be sitting on a loss for most of the next 4 months.

The longest winning run of trades was in June with 6 winners running gaining 682 pts; the 2nd longest with 5 winners in May gaining 430 pts.
The longest losing run of trades was in December with 8 losers running, losing 435 pts; the 2nd longest was in February with 7 losers running, losing 186 pts.

There's been some discussion on the results published on the Sniper website. For the 10 full months involved, my results work out at 66.6% of the official results.

One or two people have said on this thread that these sort of results aren't very impressive. But someone also said – do the maths. 4,000+ points over a year will do me fine.

There's been some useful discussions on this thread on alternative methods using Sniper. The two themes are completely compatible – hopefully we will keep on seeing more.

TP TRADES. My aim here has been to improve on the Sniper additional exit system - exiting at 25 pts, 50 pts, 75 pts, 100 pts and letting the 5th lot ride the trend out. From my spreadsheet results, this would give a result of 15 pts a day, i.e. less than letting the trade run its course. This is an exercise using a spreadsheet (i.e. as a guide, not taking into consideration spreads, different broker prices etc.) The results suggest that a different range of TPs would give better results. The optimum TPs are 160 and 165, both giving 22 pts a day.

The results are – TP at 25 = 12 pts a day, 40 = 14 pts, 45 = 17 pts, 50 = 17 pts, 55 = 16 pts, 60 = 16 pts, 65 = 15 pts, 70 = 14 pts, 75 = 15 pts, 80 = 15 pts, 85 = 16 pts, 90 = 16 pts, 95 = 15 pts, 100 = 15 pts, 105 = 17 pts, 110 = 18 pts, 115 = 20 pts, 120 = 20 pts, 125 = 19 pts, 130 = 20 pts, 135 = 20 pts, 140 = 20 pts, 145 = 19 pts, 150 = 19 pts, 155 = 21 pts, 160 = 22 pts, 165 = 22 pts, 170 = 21 pts, 175 = 20 pts.

It's interesting to note that a 45TP would give a slightly better result than letting the trade run its course.

At the moment I take out 2 trades (2 different brokers), one trade divided into 5 = TPs 45, 100, 115, 160 and the 5th letting the trade run its course. (The second trade is similar, adjusting TPs based on recent average daily ranges.). From the last year, this would give a gain of 18.1 pts a day. Obviously, using this over the next week, month, year will probably result in something completely different! It's something I'm experimenting with all the time.

What I want now is for someone to come up with some data using GBPJPY1hr and EURJPY1hr.

Attachments

• snipergraph13april2010.jpg
    snipergraph13april2010.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 237
Hi GumRai
Thanks!..
that's original sniper exit right?
Any particular exit method that you and other fellow traders here follow?

Willy