Slope & Incline indicators

Hi !

So i have been trading for couple of months and i am using TA with my trading.
There is one thing i can find tough, it seems that in most cases when uptrend begin there is significant change with the incline exactly like in the added picture.

I have tried to use the Slope indicators but i didn't find anything helpful.

Please advise

THANK YOU !

Attachments

• upload(106).png
    upload(106).png
    737 KB · Views: 686
Hi !

There is one thing i can find tough, it seems that in most cases when uptrend begin there is significant change with the incline exactly like in the added picture.

Please advise

THANK YOU !

The degree of incline already tells you a story. The problem is you are not paying attention to the story.

The degree of incline already tells you a story. The problem is you are not paying attention to the story.

Hi Brumby ,

Its obvious.
Im just looking to find indicator that can point that out so i can alert it in my system.

Thanks for replying ;)

Hi !

Please advise

THANK YOU !

Most experienced traders are very cautious about acting on what an indicator says. I'd advise the basic rules for judging an indicator are -
Does it tell me something I absolutely have to know before deciding on a trade?
Does the chart already tell me what I have to know, without adding the need for an indicator?

So, what are you trying to achieve?

Most experienced traders are very cautious about acting on what an indicator says. I'd advise the basic rules for judging an indicator are -
Does it tell me something I absolutely have to know before deciding on a trade?
Does the chart already tell me what I have to know, without adding the need for an indicator?

So, what are you trying to achieve?

Hi Tomorton ,

To be honest im just looking for a quick shortcut, all the up trend have some higher slope than usual if there is any indicator that can confirm this change with the right alert its a pure profit.
Its sounds too easy tough :)

Hi Barjon.

I cant find the SLA indicator in Tradingview ,

Any ideas ? maybe different name ?

Thanks a lot !

No, it’s not an indicator - just a method using straight lines. Basically using your eyeballs :). The thread is worth a read.

Just as an aside there are no “shortcuts” in trading :LOL:

Hi Tomorton ,

To be honest im just looking for a quick shortcut, all the up trend have some higher slope than usual if there is any indicator that can confirm this change with the right alert its a pure profit.
Its sounds too easy tough :)

Actually, the angle of a trendline is determined by the vertical range of the chart display so its not a great distinguishing factor between slopes on different charts. One could look like a really steep uptrend but represents a very poor % increase, and vice versa.

Then again, % increase isn't a great factor either - a 5% increase in a week on one chart could be a colossal move, or just a blip on another.

I'm wondering if change in ATR might be worth looking at?

Actually, the angle of a trendline is determined by the vertical range of the chart display so its not a great distinguishing factor between slopes on different charts. One could look like a really steep uptrend but represents a very poor % increase, and vice versa.

Then again, % increase isn't a great factor either - a 5% increase in a week on one chart could be a colossal move, or just a blip on another.

I'm wondering if change in ATR might be worth looking at?

Very enlightening !

I will check the ATR as well.

Hi !

Please advise

THANK YOU !

I love how the newbie after 2 months sees the market as some dumb animal that trends in a straight line as predicted by an indicator.

What source of wisdom has instilled this fantasy my friend?