Slope & Incline indicators

Mar 1, 2018
Hi !

So i have been trading for couple of months and i am using TA with my trading.
There is one thing i can find tough, it seems that in most cases when uptrend begin there is significant change with the incline exactly like in the added picture.

I have tried to use the Slope indicators but i didn't find anything helpful.

Please advise

THANK YOU !

Attachments

Brumby

May 25, 2012
Hi !

There is one thing i can find tough, it seems that in most cases when uptrend begin there is significant change with the incline exactly like in the added picture.

Please advise

THANK YOU !
The degree of incline already tells you a story. The problem is you are not paying attention to the story.

tomorton

Feb 28, 2002
Exeter
Hi !

Please advise

THANK YOU !

Most experienced traders are very cautious about acting on what an indicator says. I'd advise the basic rules for judging an indicator are -
Does it tell me something I absolutely have to know before deciding on a trade?
Does the chart already tell me what I have to know, without adding the need for an indicator?

So, what are you trying to achieve?

Mar 1, 2018
Most experienced traders are very cautious about acting on what an indicator says. I'd advise the basic rules for judging an indicator are -
Does it tell me something I absolutely have to know before deciding on a trade?
Does the chart already tell me what I have to know, without adding the need for an indicator?

So, what are you trying to achieve?

Hi Tomorton ,

To be honest im just looking for a quick shortcut, all the up trend have some higher slope than usual if there is any indicator that can confirm this change with the right alert its a pure profit.
Its sounds too easy tough :)

barjon

May 6, 2003
Hi Barjon.

I cant find the SLA indicator in Tradingview ,

Any ideas ? maybe different name ?

Thanks a lot !
No, it’s not an indicator - just a method using straight lines. Basically using your eyeballs :). The thread is worth a read.

Just as an aside there are no “shortcuts” in trading :LOL:

tomorton

Feb 28, 2002
Exeter
Hi Tomorton ,

To be honest im just looking for a quick shortcut, all the up trend have some higher slope than usual if there is any indicator that can confirm this change with the right alert its a pure profit.
Its sounds too easy tough :)

Actually, the angle of a trendline is determined by the vertical range of the chart display so its not a great distinguishing factor between slopes on different charts. One could look like a really steep uptrend but represents a very poor % increase, and vice versa.

Then again, % increase isn't a great factor either - a 5% increase in a week on one chart could be a colossal move, or just a blip on another.

I'm wondering if change in ATR might be worth looking at?

Mar 1, 2018
Actually, the angle of a trendline is determined by the vertical range of the chart display so its not a great distinguishing factor between slopes on different charts. One could look like a really steep uptrend but represents a very poor % increase, and vice versa.

Then again, % increase isn't a great factor either - a 5% increase in a week on one chart could be a colossal move, or just a blip on another.

I'm wondering if change in ATR might be worth looking at?

Very enlightening !

I will check the ATR as well.

Kaeso

Oct 4, 2015
Hi !

Please advise

THANK YOU !
I love how the newbie after 2 months sees the market as some dumb animal that trends in a straight line as predicted by an indicator.

What source of wisdom has instilled this fantasy my friend?