SLA Interday Trading Plan

I am currently backpacking through south east Asia so I haven't had much time to post the few trades I have made. My plan is to eventually get to a hostel with a computer and post a summary of my activity over the past few months.

Today I went long the 30 year us Treasury bond after last week's break of the supply line and a dot the time being successful retracement as price made a new high on the hourly

Last edited:
I entered a sell stop on the Nasdaq at 5340 for the reasons discussed on the sla thread. We are at the top of the weekly trend channel (overbought), there was a break of the daily DL. And now price is attempting to go higher, if it can't and instead it falls to 5340 I will go short as I take this as confirmation of the retracement. Stop loss is above the danger point, that is the lower high at 5380

Short NQ was triggered at 5340, SL is moved to the lower high DP at 5400.

I am holding on to the long us 30y bond.

Long stop limit crude 47,8

Price is showing strength at the weekly trend channel lower limit. On the daily the downtrend line was broken and I am entering if price makes a new high on the hourly

Stop loss is below the most recent lows

Stop loss on nQ short hit.
Took 1/3 out of 30y bond long after break of DL.
Long crude was triggered

Short NQ if breaks 5400.

Current possition;

Long 30yBond 2/3
Long Crude Oil 3/3
Long Platinum 3/3

Long euro if it breaks above the hourly range. Dollar index is making a lower high and if it has another go at breaking the 99 level there's a good chance it will drop to the 90 area (lower high and forth attempt at breaking 99 shows weakness

Closed playinum for a loss after fridays strong rejection.
Closed1/3 of long T Bond after another break of DL, stride changing from trend to range.
Still short the NQ. Price refuses to go down but the entry was correct according to my rules and I don't have rules for a preemptive stop loss exit. I will have to wait tonsre whether price hits my stop it rejects the upper limit of the weekly channel.
Crude oil hasn't even broken the demand line so no reason to scale out yet. I will take 1/3 out if we reach 54 as it's an important resistance

Possition;
Long 1/3 t Bond
Short 3/3 NQ
Long 3/3 crude oil

Long Euro if price makes a new high on the hourly. Daily supply line broken and hourly reversing. Context shows strength as price is making weekly higher lows and the last high was marginally higher than the prior.

I am scaling out 1/3 crude oil if we break the current hourly range lower breaking the Daily DL, which is my first scale out according to plan.

Closed second third crude oil since hourly not showing strong demand.

The new short is interesting, price is not really plunging as it should if it was a real rejection of the channel upper limit. Price is just not heading lower and it appears that buyers are coming in supporting price making a higher low. Currently price is in an hourly range and I will take 1/2 out if we break higher.

This forced improvisation is making me realize the importance of adding to my plan a set of rules in what to do when I enter but price just sits there for days not really heading my way. I will be studying my charts in orther to establish the most beneficial rules.

Another thing about this new short is that it is contrary to the major trend and hence carries more risk, as per my plan I look for setups that are in harmony with the most recent weekly trendline, this is also something I will be back testing.

I am also looking at a new entry in mc ewen mining (MUX) long if we make a new high at 3,31.

Current position;
Long crude oil 1/3
Long t bond 1/3
Long euro 3/3
Short nq 1/2

Last edited:
Closed remaining crude today, big drop no support.

Interesting rejection in the Nq yesterday, will ad full short if we make a new low on the hourly which would confirm weakness.

Closed remaining NQ it's just not going down, will rernter if weakness comes back below 5390.

Looking back at gold, the weekly trend is up on the daily price cleared the most recent resistance at 1260.

I am potentially seeing current action as a retrcement and will go long if we break above yesterdays high. This is a setup that I haven't tested as much as the standard reversal and I a entering at the trough of the retrcement so I am using a lower size and smaller stop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-21-13-11-07.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-21-13-11-07.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 201
Stop loss hit on gold.
Closed remaining 1/3 t bond.

Will go long NZD/usd if we make a new high on the hourly. Long dollar trade beginning to unwind and after two lower highs it looks likely that dollar index price will return to the mid 90s area

Possition;

Long 3/3 EUR/usd

Long GBP if we break above 1,26.

Breakout from base and retrecement, plus aforementioned USD weakness.

Euro forming range at previous high, will take 1/3 out if price breaks below the hourly range.

GBP long triggered yesterday, so far in profit and price is hovering at the previous high, if price was to break the DL this would invalidate de retrcement.

Crude oil back at the weekly trend line and once again showing supportz, daily supply line was broken today and will go long if price a new hourly high.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-28-18-27-23.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-28-18-27-23.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Screenshot_2017-04-28-18-24-00.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-28-18-24-00.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 186
  • Screenshot_2017-04-28-18-24-35.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-28-18-24-35.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 192
Gbp closed small profit as dl broken.
Euro closed 1/2 will close remaining if bottom range broken
Crude will go long if price breaks yesterday's high; climax and ret and weekly uptrend.