simultaneous trades at multiple brokers.

acurawsu

I am looking for a platform that can place simultaneous trades at multiple brokers.

Particularly, I want to place trades at Refco and at Oanda at exactly the same time on the same currency pair.

I am looking at Metatrade and at TradeStation.

Any input, negative or positive would be helpful.

hi,
are you looking to hedge or arbitrate prices? If you are looking to hedge many brokers offer 100% hedging ability.

Multipal brokers

gregh285 said:
hi,
are you looking to hedge or arbitrate prices? If you are looking to hedge many brokers offer 100% hedging ability.

Which?
But if you hedge with the opp position what is the point? you will only pay 2 x spread
or am i missing something?
Jasi

jasi,
some people hedge to reduce exposure to long term trends that are set for correction, others hedge on different platforms to take advantage of erroneous prices.
Hedging is also done to arbitrate interest rate differentials.

:cool:
greg

Jasi, Greg, Thank you for your input.

My goal is to 100% hedge my position. Theoretically, my net profit (or loss) should be zero (less the spread).

Why would anyone want to do this?? I want to test the price reporting at a few different brokers. I should find that we are all participating in the same market. However, I have a feeling that after testing a few different brokers this way, I will find some inaccuracies.

At this point it is only a theory, but if I can find a pattern to any pricing variances, there will be an opportunity to exploit that for profit.

Thus, I must buy and sell the same currency pair at exactly the same time.

Last edited: