Hey folks!

What's the craic with silver?
Anyone know much about it?

Worth buying if you can afford gold?

new_trader

Legendary member
6,476 1,397
No silver traders/investors?
I expect you won’t hear anyone in this forum admit to owning silver until it is ‘safe’ to do so, probably sometime when it is well over USD50. Silver is both a monetary and industrial metal, and there is a debate over whether there will be deflation first.

I currently own over 2300 oz. of physical silver. I am not disclosing whether I am buying more, selling or holding.

Nowler

Experienced member
1,227 127
I expect you won’t hear anyone in this forum admit to owning silver until it is ‘safe’ to do so, probably sometime when it is well over USD50. Silver is both a monetary and industrial metal, and there is a debate over whether there will be deflation first.

I currently own over 2300 oz. of physical silver. I am not disclosing whether I am buying more, selling or holding.
I'm beginning to turn my focus to silver now. Gold is too expensive for me but Silver seems to be at an attractive price for someone willing to hold/accumulate for the next 18 months or so.

Granted, deflation isnt good for holding silver, but it is however good for accumulating more of it - if the long term direction is positive, obviously.

I am holding a very small spreadbetting position in it currently and will act accordingly. I tend to learn better when I am making/losing money.

Nowler

Experienced member
1,227 127
I have a 3 part question...

1) Where would be the best place to buy physical silver if living in the UK?

2) Same question again, but when living in Ireland.

3) What problems might I run into if I was to buy physical silver? With the intent to sell it again later down the line.

Chad Seven

150 12
I have around 50oz of silver I bought via www.coininvest.com a few years back. I don't know how they compare to other dealers but I can't fault them.

If you are looking to hold for 18 months would your goals not be better satisfied with an ETF?

Reactions: Nowler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock