Silver Springs Capital Management

Regor123

I was approached by someone from Silver Springs Capital Management about some shares I had long since written off as worthless. They used as The Regulator The International Financial trading Commission.
Does anyone know anything about this firm or have they been approached

I was approached by someone from Silver Springs Capital Management about some shares I had long since written off as worthless. They used as The Regulator The International Financial trading Commission.
Does anyone know anything about this firm or have they been approached

They are going to tell you they want to buy those shares for a very good profit, then they will tell you there is a tax/fee/bond to pay first before they can release your money. When you pay them they will steal the money and disappear. Its a very common follow up scam to the initial one where they 'sold' you the worthless shares. As for the supposed regulator its just a name and a cheap website, half a days work.

Actually the International Financial trading Commission website has been taken down already. Have nothing to do with people who call you about shares or investments, they are all criminals.

Correction the website domain has been suspended.

Last edited:
I have also been contacted and offered a very healthy sum for my 'meagre' investment all those years ago! I would have to 'remove the restrictions' at 40 cents a share by payment up front. I offered to make the payment by deducting it from what they said was due to me! Obviously this was not acceptable. The Securities and Exchange Commission have informed me by email that 'there is no such agency as the International Financial Trading Commission'. I would like to believe I would at last get some compensation but 'forewarned' comes to mind!

Last edited:
I have also been contacted and offered a very healthy sum for my 'meagre' investment all those years ago! I would have to 'remove the restrictions' at 40 cents a share by payment up front. I offered to make the payment by deducting it from what they said was due to me! Obviously this was not acceptable. The Securities and Exchange Commission have informed me by email that 'there is no such agency as the International Financial Trading Commission'. I would like to believe I would at last get some compensation but 'forewarned' comes to mind!

Thanks for that info.Your experience sounds like a blue print of mine.I have even now received an "official document" from The International Financial Trading Commission cancelling my right to sell my shares.Obviously another ruse to get me to make a payment.This document was signed by an Adam Schindler of The International Financial Trading Commission.
All sounds so authentic.
As a matter of interest my shares that I owned were in a company called Investment Challenge

As PB says, it's ALL lies. EVERYTHING.

Fake websites, fake names, fake regulator, fake 'hedge fund' that wants to buy the shares.

Sorry to say but the shares you bought were 100% worthless the day you first got scammed and they WILL always be worthless. Please learn from your mistakes and don't get involved in the stockmarket or investments as if you understood things you would have realised withing about 1 minute of the first call you were being setup.

I'm not being nasty, just being cruel to be kind here and trying to make sure you keep hold of your money. And there's the paradox, I'm not telling you the truth but being hard, the scammers tell you lies and what you want to hear (make easy money) yet steal your money.......

Thanks for that info.Your experience sounds like a blue print of mine.I have even now received an "official document" from The International Financial Trading Commission cancelling my right to sell my shares.Obviously another ruse to get me to make a payment.This document was signed by an Adam Schindler of The International Financial Trading Commission.
All sounds so authentic.
As a matter of interest my shares that I owned were in a company called Investment Challenge

It takes nothing to create a dodgy website and get a few brochures printed. Remember these are criminals out to defraud you so of course it will look genuine.

All sounds so authentic.

For the record my correspondent was also Adam Schindler who sent me the same form as you and for Silver Spring it was Sean Flynn. My 'shares' were in Pharma Holdings Inc which was prosected for fraud by the Securities and Exchange Commission last December and found guilty in August 2011! See the (authentic) SEC website. The SEC has been helpful in confirming the non existence of the International Financial Trading Commission!

The SEC has been helpful in confirming the non existence of the International Financial Trading Commission!

It's always good to get confirmation but you should have been able to work out that the International Financial Trading Commission was a scam within 5 mins.

When was the domain first registered?

Who is linking to it?

If you don't know how to do the above then steer clear of ALL investments apart from Cash, Bonds, Gold etc, ie those you properly understand. Otherwise your cash is at real risk of being stolen or legally scammed by the 'legit' financial firms.

JUST TRYING TO BE HELPFUL AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE REALISES THEIR LIMITATIONS........

I myself have plenty of limitations, which is why I don't get involved in things I don't understand and/or am not prepared to work hard to understand them. This keeps my money safe.

The rule is that anyone who calls you up out of the blue is 99% certain to be a scam artist. I worked for one of these boiler room type of operations (I had fallen for the pitch myself at the interview; I actually thought I was working for a legit company) and I can tell you that it is unbelievable how people behave when the carrot of making an easy return is waved in front of them. These sales guys know this and they are EXPERTS at exploiting it. They can make you feel like the stupidest person in the world for not wiring a large sum of money off to someone who you have never met, aren't able to meet, see, get references for, get an address for, nothing. People want to believe its true so they go along with it. Be very careful with your hard earned money.