Europrop

billyfoe

Hello,

Anyone heard of Europrop? privately held trading and training firm in Madrid, which is part of the Alhambra Capital in Canada.

I was contacted by one of them, where they told me that I need to send trading reports and also explain my trading strategy to their quants so they can backtest it and see if my approach is good enough to be profitable, and then they will provide the capital. They payout is either 50/50 or up to 80/20 depending on volume and the capital. They will also provide leverage and cheap commission.

Iam a bit skeptical about that, because what is stopping them to take on my strategy and use it for themselves after I have told them about my strategy?

How should I approach this, any piece of advice will be greatfull.

Billy

If you show them a profitable account statement i dont see why they need your trading strategy, except knowing the general idea.

Like any prop shop, they probably requested your statement to see what kind of traders you are and if you will impose risk to their capital. Certain firm want information on the traders strategies to asset a risk profile but I work with them and don't see any reasons why they would ask for your exact strategies to back test them . It doesn't make, sense !

That is correct, a statement is requested for every new trader.
Billy Foe, no one will ask you for your strategies unless you are requesting for a consultation on quant research. When you were asked to describe your trading strategy you are asked to explain your trading style so the risk department can better assets your trading needs and requirements .