Sign In button hidden by banner ad

the hare

2,949 1,283
oh wait i get it, you're still sour after getting banned again. what you do to upset this time??
I remember the time when he was banned for "not being very helpful"

That was back in your day IIRC :LOL:

I do think that they should make the reasons for the bans public, there was a very lulzy thread recently which was deleted very quickly, where people where sharing the reasons they'd been given for bans.

Sometimes the reason for a ban is quite clear, and requires no explanation, other times its a mystery. I just think a more open policy would be beneficial.

Lightning McQueen

4,868 779
I remember the time when he was banned for "not being very helpful"

That was back in your day IIRC :LOL:

I do think that they should make the reasons for the bans public, there was a very lulzy thread recently which was deleted very quickly, where people where sharing the reasons they'd been given for bans.

Sometimes the reason for a ban is quite clear, and requires no explanation, other times its a mystery. I just think a more open policy would be beneficial.
yes i do recall the ban back in the day, the ban reason posted to a thread for the purpose of being open? is it still there? if it is they'll use it or not use it, that's up to them. maybe new_t was found being unhelpful again. last i saw he was asking for member reinstatements or some such, maybe related.

the hare

2,949 1,283
come on spill the beans, what did you do? fess up :)
If i recall correctly, S-N-D started the thread discussing reasons for bans, and it lasted about 5 minutes before it was removed

It seams that discussing or publishing the reasons for a ban is not a suitable topic for discussion. If that is the case, any attempt by new trader to discuss the reason for his most recent ban would probably be deleted to.

I think the banned members thread still exists, although its now been abandoned. The post regarding the reason for new traders ban was eventually deleted after it became something of a thorn in the side for the sites staff and moderators. I think there might still be screenshots of the post on a couple of trading sites as it was a source of considerable lulz at the time

I do think they should be far more open about the reason for bans, and they should also specify if the ban is permenant or temporary.