Advertising banner interference

Ingot54

Dear T2W staff

I am currently developing a thread here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-life-position-trading-higher-time-frame.html

regarding trading Forex on Daily charts and higher time frames.

One of the things I am finding increasingly frustrating, is your use of the advertising banner to obscure the "Search" link.

I am trying to search for a topic within the forum which may have been covered by others. However, the banner remains "on top" after clicking the "SEARCH" link.

Can this be fixed please?

Currently the "ALPARI" banner obscures the function, and I am beginning to loathe the name! I am much less inclined to use or even look at an advertiser whose in-your-face- messages obscure the functionality of the forum links.

Screen shot of the problem attached.

Kind regards

Ingot54

Attachments

• Banner.JPG
    Banner.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 660
Last edited:
You could install Firefox then go to their Addons and install Adblock Plus and then you don't see any of the ads at all.

Paul

Thank's Paul - It is only happening with the Alpari banners - not the other advertisers - yet it is the same template on appearance!

Go figure!

Still - I don't think I should have to change my browser to access a function of the T2W site. I did find another way around it - to click on the "Reply" button of a thread. This brings up the same frame, minus advertising, and the "Search" function operates untroubled by the pesky adverts.

It is these annoying features that spoil user experiences, and I don't really have the time to fiddle with browsers, skirting around annoying advertising and the like.

I think the onus is on the site operator to ensure this is not happening. I don't have these issues on Forexfactory or Babypips.

EDIT: Advertising pays the salaries of the owner and staff - we have to live with it. However ... a little site housekeeping should rectify the glitch. My job is to report my problem ... and hope for the best!

These alpari pop ups are annoying me too, it's getting to the point when I'll visit and post less because of the irritation - FWIW
Other sites are much better from that point of view, e.g. moneyam premium, where you don't get these in-your-face bugs.
It's one thing having ads at the top of the screen where you can ignore them if you wish, but popping up in the middle of looking at the list of new posts is too much.

PS Good idea, Paul, thanks.

Last edited: