Shortsandlongs

You sure? If there is an issue i'd rather it get resolved as soon as possible.

If they haven't received it, you're not going to get a reply.

If you provide me with more details I can get them onto it now for you.

I apolgise not replying sooner but all is sorted out now with efficient response.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks
CJIA

A basic charting package would be nice. A girl at Shorts+longs recommended ADVN charts---don,t bother, get the free charts at IG or Metatrader until Shorts get their own charts.
This company has a good idea regarding free guaranteed stops but are let down by the absence ofa basic chart package (you would have thought the company would have looked at the competition)..

not promoting themselves as heavily as they were 4-6 months back...

Not strictly true, Black Swan. There's an advert on Bloomberg every half an hour, it's starting to annoy me now, but not as much as Mr Nesbitt.

ShortsandLongs also seem to getting a lot of Refer a Friend accounts in it's not as neccessary to offer the Cashback deals.

Goose

Not strictly true, Black Swan. There's an advert on Bloomberg every half an hour, it's starting to annoy me now, but not as much as Mr Nesbitt.

ShortsandLongs also seem to getting a lot of Refer a Friend accounts in it's not as neccessary to offer the Cashback deals.

Goose

Any new about international clients ...

Any new about international clients ...

Tar, sorry no news. It's definitely not going to be before Christmas as improvements are being made to the site, such as Graphs.

Will let you know when there's more information.

Goose

So they have - I will give them a crack now, I have been waiting for them to get their charts sorted... Will be useful to have the free stops when playing with gold, USD/YEN etc these days!

(y)

Just to put it out in the open, I work for Spreadex, the parent company of Shorts and Longs, so am a bit biased. Since the last thread post (Dec 2009), we have made a number of updates. The Big Three are listed below:

1) Our charting package has been released, and the feedback we've received from clients has been very positive. The charting package is designed by IT Finance, the same company who design charts for most of the other major FSBs. With tick-by-tick updates, you can stay on top of a market's movement and plot all the useful lines and tools (MAs, Fibonacci Retracements, Support and Resistance, etc).

2) We have given clients a few extra hours to trade at normal daytime prices, by pushing back the time on stop-distance multipliers for all markets to 20:00. This should allow you more time to follow market developments in the US and squeeze in a few trades after work (especially helpful if the site is blocked from your PC at work!).

3) Roll charges have been significantly reduced, and for shares on the FTSE 100, are now 1/2 what they used to be!

Take a look at our site for yourself though, as these are just some of the updates we've made, and they are based on client feedback. We want to make trading easy by giving clients what they want, so please tell us!

Just received this email from S&L:

"Half price Light Crude spreads and new 10p minimum stakes

We have been listening to your feedback at www.shortsandlongs.com and we are delighted to inform you of two exciting developments as of Monday - the start of a new Weekly Special Spread Reduction on a named market and new reduced minimum stake sizes on all financial markets.

For the month of March we will be reducing the minimum stake sizes for all markets to 10p. This will be effective from 7am on Monday, March 1st, 2010 until 9.15pm on Wednesday, March 31st, 2010.

And our first Weekly Special Spread Reduction will see Light Crude, Daily Future spreads cut from 6pts to 3pts and Light Crude, Future spreads cut from 10pts to 5pts (from 7am on Monday, March 1st, 2010 until 9.15pm on Friday, March 5th, 2010).

We will be cutting spreads on a named market each week so make sure you visit our website or read our Weekly Trading Update email every Monday to find out which market has been chosen."

OK, it is a limited offer, but you have to admit that they are trying.

BTW, has "The Goose" retired from this forum?

Following on from Mike's copy of our letter, how did you guys find the spread on Light Crude last week?

What do you guys think of our 2 point spread on Brent Crude for this week?

Is 10p a more enticing minimum stake size than what we previously had?

And yes, the Goose has retired from this forum.

the Goose has retired from this forum.

Did he lay a golden egg?

FWIW, I don't think 10p stakes make much difference, but any narrowing of spreads always welcome. 2pt spread on Dow would certainly attract business now that a certain other SB outfit has changed to 3pt.

Following on from Mike's copy of our letter, how did you guys find the spread on Light Crude last week?

What do you guys think of our 2 point spread on Brent Crude for this week?

Is 10p a more enticing minimum stake size than what we previously had?

And yes, the Goose has retired from this forum.

What is the maximum stake size on daily FTSE @ Spreadex not shorts and longs ... ?

What is the maximum stake size on daily FTSE @ Spreadex not shorts and longs ... ?

Hi Tar,

There is no maximum stake size on the UK 100 daily for Spreadex. The only markets that have maximum stake sizes on Spreadex are our AIM shares, which are done on a case by case basis.

If you have any other questions about sizes, spreads, and limits, our market information sheet will have these details listed. You can find this by clicking on 'Help & FAQs' at the top of the home page, then on 'Financial FAQs' and the link to the market information sheet should appear in the third section.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Tar,

There is no maximum stake size on the UK 100 daily for Spreadex. The only markets that have maximum stake sizes on Spreadex are our AIM shares, which are done on a case by case basis.

If you have any other questions about sizes, spreads, and limits, our market information sheet will have these details listed. You can find this by clicking on 'Help & FAQs' at the top of the home page, then on 'Financial FAQs' and the link to the market information sheet should appear in the third section.

Thanks,
Chris
Thanks

I mean what is the max size i can get on FTSE 100 without getting a requote from your dealer ? i saw the sheets b4 it didnt mention the max size ...

Thanks

I mean what is the max size i can get on FTSE 100 without getting a requote from your dealer ? i saw the sheets b4 it didnt mention the max size ...

Hi Tar,

If you place a trade over £400 per point on the UK 100, it will be referred to one of our traders. Our traders always aim to handle referrals as quickly as possible, and we never requote a price simply because someone is making a large wager.

The only time a requote occurs is if the market moves. However, with a market as liquid as the UK 100, a requote is more likely to happen than with, say, a rarely traded small-cap share.

With Shorts & Longs, there is no referral process, and all trades are directly executed, so you wouldn't have to worry about a requote there.

I hope that's helpful.

Chris

Hi Tar,

If you place a trade over £400 per point on the UK 100, it will be referred to one of our traders. Our traders always aim to handle referrals as quickly as possible, and we never requote a price simply because someone is making a large wager.

The only time a requote occurs is if the market moves. However, with a market as liquid as the UK 100, a requote is more likely to happen than with, say, a rarely traded small-cap share.

With Shorts & Longs, there is no referral process, and all trades are directly executed, so you wouldn't have to worry about a requote there.

I hope that's helpful.

Chris

Thanks , i thought Spreadex is for the bigger trades not S&L ...