Shortsandlongs

If I apply for SnL can I scalp. In other words, can I open a position then trade the same instrument instantly (allowing me to reverse if necessary). I opened an account with a different one, and they really really don't allow you to do this.

I don't want to go through the process of applying just to find that I have to "wait a few seconds" before I can re-enter a trade.

I know this is a different outfit, but some SB agencies have the same strategies.

Any comment by a member of staff or someone with an account and does this very much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.
Phil.

How long have Dealing Desk been around? I have never heard of them but have called them and they confirmed they offer 1 tick ftse/dax and just 2 ticks on dow. Very tight.

It's just Capital Spreads again, so why should the spreads be different? 4pt Dow showing when I looked.

It's just Capital Spreads again, so why should the spreads be different? 4pt Dow showing when I looked.
Yes, but I noticed 1 spread on Nadasq 100 Rolling daily. CS got 2 spread on Nasdaq 100 Rolling daily. Anyone like to to check it up next week, or better still, start a a new thread on Dealingdesk. If DD got 2 spread on the Dow it is very interesting.

If I apply for SnL can I scalp. In other words, can I open a position then trade the same instrument instantly (allowing me to reverse if necessary). I opened an account with a different one, and they really really don't allow you to do this.

I don't want to go through the process of applying just to find that I have to "wait a few seconds" before I can re-enter a trade.

I know this is a different outfit, but some SB agencies have the same strategies.

Any comment by a member of staff or someone with an account and does this very much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.
Phil.

Phil,
You can close and reverse all in one, just not through an order.

It'll be fine and you also have that 3x £100 offer on at the moment, so if you go with some of those great calls you make on the other thread you'll be alright.

If you have any bother with it, just e-mail me.

For everyone else - I have passed the comments on about the 2 pt spread. Perhaps the compromise is 4pts before 2.30 and 2pts from 2.30-9. Thoughts on this???

Goose

For everyone else - I have passed the comments on about the 2 pt spread. Perhaps the compromise is 4pts before 2.30 and 2pts from 2.30-9. Thoughts on this???

Goose
Yes that would be just fine. The Dow spread on the future (YM) before 2.30 is usually 2 or more spread, so that is understandable. 2.30-9.15 to include the aftermarket is to be preferred.

Yes that would be just fine. The Dow spread on the future (YM) before 2.30 is usually 2 or more spread, so that is understandable. 2.30-9.15 to include the aftermarket is to be preferred.

Yes, 2pt when the cash market is open ad the YM spread is normally 1pt. At least two other SB outfits offer that, so it must be possible.

Thanks in advanced.
Phil.

Hello Phil,

Not sure if this will help your scalping technique but the thing I like about DD is that the trade ticket remians open so once I'm in I don't have to bring up another trade ticket to get out again - sounds like it might suit your kind of style but then I've never been a scalper.

Hello Phil,

Not sure if this will help your scalping technique but the thing I like about DD is that the trade ticket remians open so once I'm in I don't have to bring up another trade ticket to get out again - sounds like it might suit your kind of style but then I've never been a scalper.
Why don't you start a new thread on DD? Apparently they are a white label of LCG, on the other hand they have different spread on some of the instruments (waiting to se at 2.30 if they really got 2 spread on the Dow).

Why don't you start a new thread on DD? Apparently they are a white label of LCG, on the other hand they have different spread on some of the instruments (waiting to se at 2.30 if they really got 2 spread on the Dow).

Hi gle101

I'm logged into my account and they're 2 points on the Dow at the moment - maybe they'll go to 1 pt at 2.30!

Hi gle101

I'm logged into my account and they're 2 points on the Dow at the moment - maybe they'll go to 1 pt at 2.30!
Hi nodga2000,

I only got the demo account though, 4 points spread on the Wall Street Rolling Daily. If you got 2 spread on the real trading account, it is really good, and that is before the opening in the US. Anybody else that can confirm this?

I signed up with Dealing Desk this morning and am looking at 2 tick spread on the Dow now. Nice looking platform, very fast. Will let you know how I get on.

I signed up with Dealing Desk this morning and am looking at 2 tick spread on the Dow now. Nice looking platform, very fast. Will let you know how I get on.
Thanks a lot. Please start a new thread as this one is dedicated to Shortsandlongs.

Quick note before someone starts a new thread. I have tried the 1 Minute chart on their (Saxobankdemo - dealing desk) platform. The one minute chart is full of nasty spikes that would would kill a scalper in my humble opinion.

Nope. I'll end up dumping £300 in it probs - risk £100 a month?

I'm about to dump some money in IG too.

:).

Goose - Is there any chance you'll be offering spot fx at any point ? Currency Futures spread at 5 is good but useless for daytrading. Havent opened an account yet but if you offered spot I would

Cheers

Jon

just signed up, quick and painless, the interface is pretty basic and I would love to see more commodities (softs) will give it a roll tomorrow.

Goose - Is there any chance you'll be offering spot fx at any point ? Currency Futures spread at 5 is good but useless for daytrading. Havent opened an account yet but if you offered spot I would
Cheers Jon

I have to agree with this as I also prefer spot forex. Can anyone tell me what is the advantage of a spreadbet company offering futures instead of spot? All I can see is a wider spread with future instruments which for me is a reason not to open an account.