Setting up a private sub forum

Firstly, there may not be anything to give. People can't give you something they haven't got. Secondly, why don't you set an example and give some ? In my own way I am giving. Although I think my stuff are probably threatening because it will upset the perceived well troden path of the 99.5%.

i do give some ....i will also upset a few from the black box but i still give plenty of comments which help keep the thread alive it doesn't hurt..

i do give some ....i will also upset a few from the black box but i still give plenty of comments which help keep the thread alive it doesn't hurt..

Well this is the first time I came across you nick. So where are the stuff you are giving at ? I will go take a look.

I'm hardly on the level of some of the guys on T2W, but I, too, am a bit tired of some of the stuff that gets posted. It degrades not only the forum, but also the level of discussion.

I would be most in favour of Pete's suggestion of a meritocracy, though I also like Rob's idea of a private forum. At the least, I think some form of subjective content filtering is past due.

The only criteria I would like to see applied to whatever does get implemented (if it does see the light of day) is for it to be publicly viewable. The idea would be to encourage a standard of behaviour and perhaps even attract some talent out there. If you want to be part of the big boys, then you have to act like one. :)

This whole issue is a problem of t2w's own making. Everyone knows the background, so its not worth repeating other than to say they are sowing what they reaped.

It took 2-3 years of hard work to reach this position, and it'll take 2-3 years worth of hard work to get to where they want to get to next (assuming they know where they want to be, and from what i see day in day out, there's no cohesive vision of where they want to be, and policy often changes 180 degrees within days)

Private threads by their nature are not inclusive, t2w can't promote them and derive little benefit from them, the people participating are not really the demographic their advertisers are targeting etc etc. if a private section becomes successful why would any of its members bother posting on the public forum ?

Seriously, if people want to post about trading, why not post some place that's its encouraged ? Big mikes is probably the obvious candidate, but even traders laboratory or baby pips at a push would provide better moderation and keep things on track. Alternatively start a free forum and invite people to join.

Time and time again t2w staff use the tired old excuse that the members set the tone. I'm sorry but its a complete abdication of responsibility, and indicative of the lack of direction and vision.

I'm probably being harsh, but its true. They are acting like an inexperienced trader desperately holding onto a loser hoping it'll come good... After all, It usually did...

...............Time and time again t2w staff use the tired old excuse that the members set the tone. I'm sorry but its a complete abdication of responsibility, and indicative of the lack of direction and vision..................

Well I'm the one who uses that tired old excuse most :), but I also said that policy and moderation have played their part.

The point is that T2W cannot make anyone post decent content, that's entirely up to them. All T2W can do is discourage people from posting dross and I freely admit that if I had my moderating time over again I would have gone for a much harsher line, whether or not the guidelines were breached. Come in for some stick for it, too, I dare say :)

This whole issue is a problem of t2w's own making. Everyone knows the background, so its not worth repeating other than to say they are sowing what they reaped.

Agree with that apart from the last phrase which is beyond my understanding....:LOL:
Richard

Agree with that apart from the last phrase which is beyond my understanding....:LOL:
Richard

Beyond my understanding too, I think the iPad editor went a bit mental !

Beyond my understanding too, I think the iPad editor went a bit mental !

Stop 'abdicating' responsibility, you f'ed up, it's indicative of the lack of direction and vision :)

I am immediately gonna call interactive brokers and tell them that my iPad made that last trade, went a but mental and I want a refund.

Private threads by their nature are not inclusive, t2w can't promote them and derive little benefit from them, the people participating are not really the demographic their advertisers are targeting etc etc. if a private section becomes successful why would any of its members bother posting on the public forum ?

I am anticipating that if successful, about 50-60 of the regular posters will end up hiding in there and your assertion will hold true. The site will become 2-tiered.

However the proof of the pudding is in the eating so let's see if people genuinely want a haven from the framework T2W provides? I think people say they want something different but their actions may suggest otherwise....

I'm almost in tears laughing at this insanity. Even the moderators and staff want to join and participate in a private forum !

Doesn't this worry anyone in management ? Even slightly ?

It should. Whether it does is another matter entirely. That aside I like the regular posters who aren't rude and disruptive, I like the contact and I think the regular posters have the potential to create an environment that is mutually beneficial, informative and supportive regardless of level of experience. The entry criteria is simple - demonstrate professionalism, be courteous, accept difference.

There may be ways in which we can have read only access to all but posting rights by invitation or by request to join which I will look into.

There may be ways in which we can have read only access to all but posting rights by invitation or by request to join which I will look into.

That facility is available. Travis uses it in his journal.
In my view it is better than a private forum (no secret handshakes etc), but allows the owner (or maybe owners) to allow only those they wish to post.

Can't you guys take this into private ? Why do the rest of us need to know ?

As for big boys and stuff, where is the evidence for that ? If the big boys cannot show evidence, how do we tell they are big ? Or maybe they are just little boys pretending to be big boys ? You can't expect people to respect little boys like that. Isn't that where the problem lies ?

Last edited:
Forum is up - it's called 'Just Trading' - pm going out to a group of people but the list is not exhaustive so apologies if I have missed you.

So if you want to:

1. Discuss trading with a professional attitude
2. Accept and respect difference of opinion without resorting to personal insults
3. Be kind and courteous to one another
4. Not have your threads/posts trolled
5. Avoid explicit vendor spamming

Then just hit the request access button.

Let's see if this works.....I don't think there is anything to lose really.

So according to Trader333 to subscribe the the private forum you need to:

a. Go to your own control panel/settings and select 'Group Memberships" under the Networking section.
b. Select the radio button marked 'Join Group' next to the Just Trading sub-forum.
c. I will then get an authorisation request through
d. Then you're in.

Please people, PM the OP to join, if you can't work out how to do it. It's easy, fast, and very likely to be profitable as all secrets to success will be revealed.

Here's my personal offer to anyone joining and finding success. Demonstrate to me what you have learnt giving you real profits in real accounts. I will then build you an automated trading system for free, with free life time support and updates.

That facility is available. Travis uses it in his journal.

It is only available for one thread in journals and not, as has been requested, for the starting of new threads. There may be an option to make the entire forum read only as a default which I am looking into.

Forum is up - it's called 'Just Trading' - pm going out to a group of people but the list is not exhaustive so apologies if I have missed you.

So if you want to:

1. Discuss trading with a professional attitude
2. Accept and respect difference of opinion without resorting to personal insults
3. Be kind and courteous to one another
4. Not have your threads/posts trolled
5. Avoid explicit vendor spamming

Then just hit the request access button.

Let's see if this works.....I don't think there is anything to lose really.

Hi Robster,

Got your email with thanks.

This is not so dissimilar to when I first joined. We had a private live call thread then. I believe (but not 100% sure) that Firewalker set this up, the mods will remember this well as well as long time members. There was a good group of us trading along with some new comers who I believe should have learnt a lot from it. I know I did.. This live call thread was heavily policed similar to how Lord Flasheart drills down his thread with great success I may add. The main benefit was that if someone was there to disrupt or not play by the rules then their access rights were refused without discussion. No arguments.

Anyway, count me in.

Lee