Setting up a private sub forum

We come here for a good lauf , and to relieve stress of trading , it is an addiction like a smoker who needs two puffs of oxygen .

How can anyone deprive us of the Lulz?

that may be your reason for being here, but it's not everyone's :) and certainly not when they are wanting to discuss something seriously

One lulzy post will derail the whole thread believe me , we can have fun in the joke of the day thread and the likes , serious trading threads should stay so ...

Being so easily derailed is a sign of weak convictions. Without some spine and conviction trading would be a lost cause because you'd to played like a yoyo.

It takes all kinds in life.

As for your invite, I never considered it even for a second. You don't post much (I don't know in the past. But I never look at old posts unless I have a good reason to. The last guy's old posts I looked at was that grey trader guy), and what you do post about doesn't really add any value, in my assessment, in terms of trading. So not being able to come into the corner where you try to carve out for yourself is no loss to me.

As you say Joe, it takes all sorts. Likewise you have nothing to offer me. It's just the way it is.

that may be your reason for being here, but it's not everyone's :) and certainly not when they are wanting to discuss something seriously

I learnt this behaviour from these guys , now they are saying it is not the way to behave .They shouldn't have taught these things in the first place.

I have many serious threads , because I like to gather all the info in one thread.I do believe in serious threads , but if it does not suit the interests of some ,they ruin it and post it with 1 star.

To start with why not do as suggested and start a journal

That's an excellent idea and saves changing the forum for one person's sake - the benefit of which is at best debatable.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an excellent idea and saves changing the forum for one person's sake - the benefit of which is at best debatable.

But I suspect the OP's ego will feel degraded to be put in the same space as the other no hope'ers who usually inhabit that space.

When a Lulz merchant comes along and requires a serious thread and no lulz , when he built an image for Lulz responses , how can can people know he wants a serious thread?

When a Lulz merchant comes along and requires a serious thread and no lulz , when he built an image for Lulz responses , how can can people know he wants a serious thread?

Sorry to hear he trolled your threads. But he doesn't post often. So it's best to grin and bear it. Otherwise you too could end up demanding a corner of the forum to yourself. This place ain't big enough for that many corners.

To answer your question, it's subject separation and threads are a good way of delineating it. Piling everything into a journal means no separation of content - good for a meandering chat but not great for separating lines of conversation. Hence the private area stops vendors from piling in and spamming but allows thread creation.

Aye, we're already supposed to deal with personal attacks and probably don't come down as hard as we should. Mind you it's not always easy to find the line beyond which legitimate criticism becomes a personal attack.

There are indeed a lot of quality posters and a lot of quality comment amongst the dross. It maybe that the quality/dross ratio hasn't changed much from earlier days but, with far,far fewer threads started in those days, it was probably much easier to pick out and focus on the decent stuff than it is now.

It should be fairly obvious.

When you start attacking the messenger and not the message, you overstep the mark.

mm, but why did you then have to add the gratuitous insult to the op and others who start a journal (which I have edited out)

Do you and 15min not see that the continued sniping at individuals and your more general overall condemnation of people is precisely the sort of thing that people complain about. Now you might find it a laugh, or you might be antagonistically inclined, or you might not even have the sense to appreciate the impression you give.

Whatever the reason, it's really not something that encourages a friendly and supportive environment.

In any event it none of this rhetoric matters. I've asked for it to be set up. If people use it then fine. If not then nothing was lost.

I see the thread has been somewhat sanitized including a few of my posts. All well and good but that doesn't fix the root cause that prompted this thread, it only pushes it under the rug.

Peter

I see the thread has been somewhat sanitized including a few of my posts. All well and good but that doesn't fix the root cause that prompted this thread, it only pushes it under the rug.

Peter

Let's see how the private forum gets on eh Pete?

Peter

well I was out all afternoon otherwise they wouldn't have been there :)

Difficult to please innit, don't delete and they are irritation, delete and it's sweeping it under the rug.

well I was out all afternoon otherwise they wouldn't have been there :)

Difficult to please innit, don't delete and they are irritation, delete and it's sweeping it under the rug.

Leave them or delete them, doesn't matter. It doesn't solve the problem. The 14 thread poster I pointed out earlier is still free to continue posting after his threads were deleted. and what happened?... He started another thread, which was later deleted, but he still can post again. Do you not see an issue here that might be resolved rather easily?

Peter

Leave them or delete them, doesn't matter. It doesn't solve the problem. The 14 thread poster I pointed out earlier is still free to continue posting after his threads were deleted. and what happened?... He started another thread, which was later deleted, but he still can post again. Do you not see an issue here that might be resolved rather easily?

Peter

:LOL: he building up infraction points so your peace won't be shattered much longer if he keeps on.

It's an open forum just say what you want? What do you expect from an open forum?

I like a laugh but I have backed off when I realised that people were getting serious and to be honest I needn't have bothered because they all disappeared into la la land abandoning the thread and returning only now and again if at all and usually asking for something. So I just keep going because I like to luz and relieve the boredom but I also like to interact with market levels and direction. The one thing I would say is that this forum is full of takers but has very few givers.

The one thing I would say is that this forum is full of takers but has very few givers.

Firstly, there may not be anything to give. People can't give you something they haven't got. Secondly, why don't you set an example and give some ? In my own way I am giving. Although I think my stuff are probably threatening because it will upset the perceived well troden path of the 99.5%.